Advice for newbies looking for cheap & hassle free EGO vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
A short bit about me. Started vaping back in 2010 when the ego-t was the newest thing on the block. Went back to analogues and recently started vaping again 4 weeks ago aprox.

Have seen so many problem threads recently. People's clearos are not wicking, tanks are leaking, etc... are cracking, this new space age looking pod is not threading etc etc etc.

never seen so many 'problem threads.'

Personally looking at the design of these new delivery methods, I can see they are so complicated and have more ways to go wrong (the long wicks on the top coil ce4's for example.)

Non complicated, obviously means less can go wrong.

Honestly, look back to the ego-t (Or LEO) or Xl cartos or dripping with a 510 and a drip tip. Parts where juice meets atty are close together, minimal wick length needed = less wick problems.

I used two ego-t attys, one XL Janty carto and one Janty 510 dripping atty and that's all I bought in EIGHT MONTHS device delivery wise back in 2010.

Now I'm burning through replaceable ego-c attys like mad and messing around with evods that have to be stood upside down with juice in and that leak etc and it's all a big fat PITA.

'Too many moving parts syndrome.' That's my analogy.

Trust me, ego-t, XL cartos from Janty or Boge, and some 510 sr or lr dripping attys and a drip tip if you use EGOS. You can still find all of them online really cheap, that's the crazy thing.

You'll be using your credit card a lot lot less and visiting this forum for help a lot lot less..... oh and using a lot less juice because these devices I mentioned do not leak like the new stuff and there is less wick material to soak up juice.

I'm talking delivery devices and attys, I'm sure APV's are pretty cool if you need the extra power.

Just honestly comparing the old skool gear I vaped with back in 2010 to the new stuff I've tried so far (ego-c and evods) and the old skool stuff just was less fiddly and tougher IMO / IME.

Just an idea, start simple and cheap and then go from there if not satisfied.​

This is all just one half mad person's experience and YMMV, but really those things just worked week in and week out. I re-used the same 'disposable' XL carto for months. my 510 dripping atty the same. Sure my ego-t atties got burn tasty or lost performance but nowhere near as regularly as ego-c attys and a quick hot water clean and 24 hour dry out and they'd come back good as new. For eight months! The 510 was seemingly impossible to destroy and when I sold it with my kit it still vaped like new, I never attempted to clean or dry burn it once, there was never any need.

Anyhow, for those that want to keep it simple, that's what I'd recommend, wouldn't cost you much to buy one of each in the bargain basement of an online site and check em out.

HW

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
Totally agree! Wish there was some way to bookmark this thread so I could show it to a lady I know who is spending half the rent on new gear every month, only to find that nothing works, at least for very long. (She's mechanically challenged more than most). I have been using eGo batteries and T2 clearos for months now, with no problems at all. Evod, Vivi, C7, etc. all leak, gurgle, or just don't work, period. And, I love a li'l ole 510 with a fill-it-yourself carto. Simple is good.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Totally agree! Wish there was some way to bookmark this thread so I could show it to a lady I know who is spending half the rent on new gear every month, only to find that nothing works, at least for very long. (She's mechanically challenged more than most). I have been using eGo batteries and T2 clearos for months now, with no problems at all. Evod, Vivi, C7, etc. all leak, gurgle, or just don't work, period. And, I love a li'l ole 510 with a fill-it-yourself carto. Simple is good.

you can...just go to top where it says "thread tools" click, on drop down menu click subscribe to thread. :)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I'd like to mention the I had my two PAD 66 year old Father in mind when wrote this post.

Back in 2010 he and his other pad - 2 pad friend both tried my Ego-t with a Janty 11mg plain 'tobacco' juice and couldn't believe it wasn't smoking. I did the whole explanation about there being no combustion or tar and only pg/cg and nic liquid.

The friend wanted to know immediately where he could get one but was saddened when I said online as he wasn't a computer user.

I was only visiting the UK for Xmas week and then returned to Korea and had other stuff going on in my work and personal life and forgot to order e new set for my Dad.

Now I know my old man well. He does house maintenance and building, so he knows his way around electrics too. That said he is impatient and has been smoking for 52 years and I know fair well that if he got one of these clearo kits or even the new Ego-c and started getting dry, dead or burned hits - he would get very frustrated and go 'to hell with this, it doesn't work and is too 'silly' with the mainetance and would give up and go back to cigs.

So I would want him to have the sturdiest gear out there that was the MOST simple and hassle free but I know he wouldn't get into dripping all day (nor would I) and small sized cartos would run out quick.

So with all this in mind I would get him and ego (charge and pres button, no vv/ vw settings to deal with) and an ego-t or probably more likely a 5 pack of the new ego XL dual coil cartos that hold 5ml (2.5ml in the US.)

I would get him to get a notepad knowing he's not amazing at finding his way around the net and has to look after my mother a lot and would explain how to fill ego 1.1ml tanks (now 'jets') and how to fill the XL cartos. The I would teach him how to refill the cartos syringe method (if the new ones even need that, no mention of it on janty's site) and how to blow out the juice, stand an ego-t atty in a cup of boiled water for ten minutes, blow it through and leave it to dry for an hour.

I learned all that the hard way as we all did and remember the stress it put me through nearly making me go back to cigs and quitting on vaping and wouldn't want that to happen to him.

So my experience has taught me thus far that the easiest to use and easiest to maintain non APV that still gives a good hit with a good juice - is an ego-t with tanks and / OR XL cartos (which I cannot recommend enough, they are a disposable product but really last months per unit and many refills.)

So again this is for newbies that want easy hassle free vaping with devices that will not suck in the first few days or weeks.

My stipulation would be only buy JANTY / JOYETECH / OVALE product directly from their stores or sites or an online vendor like TW that used REAL Joyetech gear and only re-brands it - no clones.

For hassle free 'plug in and play all day' vapers that do not want to fiddle round with wicks, coils, bridges and leaking.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i love the twists or the vv digital passthrough ones with real buttons-not those rubber band ones that fall off (although they are replaceable...still!). i've been vaping for over a year, have tons of toys, and i still wouldn't go anywhere without a fully charged ego twist or spinner/winder and a carto tank or pro tank. i've given away many of them to friends just starting off or moving up from cig-a likes. no matter how expensive and "advanced" your current mod may be, sometimes all you need is a twist and a tank. simplicity.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yes those bcc xl cartos look good!

I'd like to clear something up. I have trash talked EVODS a lot but mine after some cleaning and drying for some reason have started not leaking and working great now so I would highly recommend them to a newbie for great vaping, even though the have at first leaked 5ml of juice and given me a lot of stress - now they are working I have to say - they vape tobacco juices better than anything I have ever used.

Here I what I posted just now in my EVOD thread, where I WAS HAVING MAJOR LEAKAGE AND GURGLING PROBS WITH THEM.

My 2nd evod now it's not leaking - the vape is about the same but the flavor it gives is much better than any Janty carto or ego atty I've used I have to admit it. Would never imagine anythign could make weak arsed dekang mild 7 give th and actual bring any flavor out of it lol.

Though I will always go with an Ego type attty for my PG menthol ADV as I like the smaller tanks and well they just do not leak and perform amazingly and with this juice last forever, been vaping my PG menthol on this one ego-c atty over 4 weeks now and have water cleaned only (hadn't even needed too really, just did it 'in case' have actually had zero bad hits or performance issues so far.)

But for evening at home / pub vaping I like me some tobacco juice and am finding the EVODs, when working right way out perform the ego attys for that flavor and th wise.

Another thing - it's weird, now I've cleaned out the first EVOD that leaked like hell, both the atty and the tanks and dried them for 24 hours, that one too has stopped leaking ALTOGETHER and vapes like a champion!

In fact I filled it with Dekang Camel and the flavor it brings out is better than I could have imagined.

So I want to say this - when EVODS work - man do they work!

Maybe they just need a good clean and disassembling and being put back together to get them functioning or something because both are now the best vape I have ever had and are not leaking even a drop, left both right way up overnight (one with the mild 7, one with the camel both 100% pg) and not a single drop of juice has leaked out.

What's the longest use anyone has gotten out of one EVOD with daily use - ie how many refills or weeks before they've had to chuck em or rebuild / rewick them (not things I want to do?)

So EVODS ARE BACK to rocking my world for my tobacco flavor vaping again.

Cheers

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
To update .... THe kgo mega died in a little over 2 months of heavy use. I am not sure if that is average, good or bad.. But I kind of thought it died sooner than I would like. And a friend of mine ordered 2 and had them both die on him within a month.. Damn shame cause when it works its awesome. Very long battery life.. REALLLY fast charging.. And a usb pass through.. but im not going to spend 30 dollars every couple months.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
To update .... THe kgo mega died in a little over 2 months of heavy use. I am not sure if that is average, good or bad.. But I kind of thought it died sooner than I would like. And a friend of mine ordered 2 and had them both die on him within a month.. Damn shame cause when it works its awesome. Very long battery life.. REALLLY fast charging.. And a usb pass through.. but im not going to spend 30 dollars every couple months.

Were they Joyetech / Janty / Ovale batteries or knock offs?

I'm a light vaper but an 650mah battery from Ovale will last me well over 6 months.

Would never buy a knock off battery.

Recent experience has taught me knock off attys are not much good either.

cuban52s

Sep 16, 2011
dothan, alabama
My first ecig was a Maxx Vapor Pro Kit from Saveasmoker. It was a strain to get a decent hit out of the cigarette size cartridge. I went back to analogs after a couple of months.

Today, I was in a Discount Tobacco Store and the clerk was puffing on a Ego-T with an enormous vapor output. He had a single starter kit for 39.99 w/PC battery charger. A double starter kit went for 59.99. The top-end kit was 100.00. I considered it, but I wanted to check with experience vapors here as to your opinion of the Joye Ego-T as a reliable model. I have no experience with the tank cartridge. I have a dozen varieties of Maxx Vapor and Halo e-liquids and don't know if they could be used in the Ego-T tank cartridge. Any advice or opinions of retrying with the Ego-T this time, or do you know of something more advanced or more reliable?

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My first ecig was a Maxx Vapor Pro Kit from Saveasmoker. It was a strain to get a decent hit out of the cigarette size cartridge. I went back to analogs after a couple of months.

Today, I was in a Discount Tobacco Store and the clerk was puffing on a Ego-T with an enormous vapor output. He had a single starter kit for 39.99 w/PC battery charger. A double starter kit went for 59.99. The top-end kit was 100.00. I considered it, but I wanted to check with experience vapors here as to your opinion of the Joye Ego-T as a reliable model. I have no experience with the tank cartridge. I have a dozen varieties of Maxx Vapor and Halo e-liquids and don't know if they could be used in the Ego-T tank cartridge. Any advice or opinions of retrying with the Ego-T this time, or do you know of something more advanced or more reliable?

1. The ego-t will work with all juices as will all devices, but IME it (what does really?) doesn't handle viscous, dark liquids too well,
That said I find it highly hassle free, the 1.1ml tanks are easy to fill, don't leak much at all and will vape clear liquids without food additives all day long and with a blow out of old juice and hot water soak when performance drops (performance drops on all devices, it's normal) and one ego-t atty will last you months.

2. More advanced - sure there are many more advanced pv's on the market, but is that a good starting point? Ego-t = fill tank, plug in, screw atty / cone on to charged battery and go. As for reliability I honest to god got 8 months of use out of my first two attys with my cleaning method.

The above is why I think it's the best starter kit (if you avoid those dark, VG juices.)

Even compared to the evod which I now like, the ego-t cone/atty combo is easier to maintain (wicks fall out of evods easily during cleaning, but not with ego-t / ego-c) when you fully understand how they work and have tried it once or twice.

ALSO - the ego t attys come with MASSIVE 3 month warranty! Bear in mind all these clearomizers and evods etc are meant to be disposable. The ego-t is not. The ego-c is, but I am still using the same one for my ADV about 6 weeks in, used it every day (it's a clear all PG menthol) and it still hits like brand new.

After you get used to it you may find you want a hotter vape, in which case next step could be LR ego-t /c attys and then perhaps a step up to a vv battery, which bear in mind can still use the ego-t / ego c cone, tanks and atty system.

What I LIKE about the ego-t/c is the small size of the 1.1ml tanks and how easy to fill and unfill they are as i am not a heavy vaper. Now if I fill my evod with a juice that sucks in it or the evod is not working or has broke- it's more juice to try and get back into some other container and potentially waste and is more hassle than emptying a 1.1ml ego tank cart.

So for me the ego-t or ego-c is a good starter kit which blows cigalikes out of the water and will last and is easy to maintain, hence the title of the thread.

Heavy vapers (unlike me) may then want hotter hits, more th and bigger clouds and go on to lr attys and / or VV pv.

The VV ego batteries do look interesting and could be my next step but for a beginner kit the ego-t / ego-c is just great in it's simplicity (have I mentioned to avoid dark VG juices) and performance.

Like I said, I'm a light vaper so a fully charged 650mah battery lasts two days before I have to recharge and a 1.1ml rtank will last me a day to two days during the work week as I only vape 9am - 7pm and then have a few cigs in the evening as vaping in the evenings gives me insomnia.

The ego XL cartos are also like the clearos supposed to be disposable but out of all the disposable delivery devices I have used are the easiest to use, fill and maintain and last for months for me also. Bear in mind I've only used them and the evod.

XL carto VS evod = less parts, less fiddly = more simplicity which is good for the BEGINNING VAPER as it means less likely bad performance, confusion and disappointment and less likely to fail and go back to the cigs.

Same goes for ego-t VS APV's and cig-alikes.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

cuban52s

Sep 16, 2011
dothan, alabama
Very well explained opinion, Hotwire. The Ego-T looked like a whale compared to the e-cig I have. That's what I recall from the dark liquids as well. I will avoid them this time and avoid possible trouble with atomizer. My old Maxx Vapor still operates with a replacement atomizer. I think I will try to use it for a few days to get back into vaping and then treat myself to the Ego-T basic starter w/charger. Thanks for your help.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Since these things were launched I have never seen so many problem / help posts on this site....

In all fairness, vaping has become much more popular in the past few months which means a lot of new users. Also, people tend to post when they have problems, not when things are working fine.

Personally, I've been quite impressed of everything I've bought. I use ego batteries (yes, the cheap knock-offs because I like pretty patterns) and cheap CE4s. My dog knocked one of my setups off the table yesterday and I didn't find it until last night. It hit the wooden floor so hard the clearo was sitting crooked on the battery. But it didn't break, nor did it leak. I pushed the clearo sideways until it popped back onto the proper thread and it works fine.

(I've dropped my ego batteries approximately a bazillion times and never had a problem. But this was the first time one hit so hard it popped the clearo off its threads.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread