Advice in buying a new vaping device

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
So, now i got new job that i need to live and work 28 days a month for many hours at the field with very bad consitons...
So i need to but a new vaping mod and tank so i can use it and not buy a new one evry other day...
It must have a strong battery life (gonna buy as many batteries as i need to maintain at least 7 days without charging)
Anyway, i like vaping mtl so i am not gonna need the strongest device in terms of voltage...
Thanks for helping guys

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I always recommend a Geekvape Aegis mod to the tradespeople who work for a living. The Aegis Legend is a rugged dual-battery mod that'll carry enough charge for a couple of days, probably longer if you're doing MTL. Dust-resistant, impact-resistant, and water-resistant. I'll leave the topper to you but I'd recommend looking for one with top-airflow so it won't leak in your bag or pocket.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
I always recommend a Geekvape Aegis mod to the tradespeople who work for a living. The Aegis Legend is a rugged dual-battery mod that'll carry enough charge for a couple of days, probably longer if you're doing MTL. Dust-resistant, impact-resistant, and water-resistant. I'll leave the topper to you but I'd recommend looking for one with top-airflow so it won't leak in your bag or pocket.

I'll piggyback on this as I use the Legend regularly. It is a solid mod which is probably the main reason it's all over in threads on this forum. I will also recommend the Vandy Vape Jackaroo. I got one of these because it was smaller, lighter, and used a single 21700 in lieu of 18650s. Using both I will say it's literally personal preference. I like the Legend for golfing since I throw it in the cup holder and it gets beat up for 4-5 hours. I've taken the jackaroo for the same thing and it handled everything the same.

Getting enough batteries to last 7 days may help influence your decision as well. Having to charge multiple batteries every week will be very time consuming. That round I would give to the jackaroo since it's a single battery. Good luck on your decision anyway!

UrNsFace

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2017
The original aegis... Not the legend or solo, uses 21700 batteries like the jackaroo. I hear the screen on the jackaroo takes a bit more abuse. The limited edition aegis floats though...

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk
What tank should i use for it that wont leak, easy to fill and irs coils are reasonably prices ?

Reactions: stols001

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Or get a 26650 MOD. On my Asvape Strider, MTL lasts 3 days at 10 watts using ijoy inr 26650 4000mah battery. I also have an OBS MTL kit, that's 3000mah, same 10 watts MTL vaping, lasts two days. You do the math. AMMIT MTL is easy to fill, no leaks, good flavor. But there are other good MTL tanks out there too.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What tank should i use for it that wont leak, easy to fill and irs coils are reasonably prices ?
The Geekvape Aegis lineup of mods are waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof. Ideal for construction workers.

Aegis Solo comes with the Geekvape Cerberus tank. It holds like 5 ml of juice. Have had one for about 3 months and never had any signs of leaking. Top fill, just slide the top sideways to expose the fill holes. Coils last me over a month using a non-sweet clear e-liquid. Its a DTL tank, but you can close the air control to almost closed and drop the wattage down to 20 watts or less, and it performs near like a MTL tank.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The MTL thing suggests a single battery device. The 7 days requirement suggests a multi battery device. A 21700 holds around 1.5 times as much juice as a single 18650. A single 18650 should give you a whole work day on MTL whereas a dual 18650 should give you 2-3days. Dual is slightly more efficient than single. Either way you’re going to need spare batteries though. It’s kind of hard to gauge how many spare batteries you’re going to need. The ruggedized mods I know of are the the legend, the solo, and the jackaroo. The aegis 100 afaik is no longer made though you might be able to find one around. It will take 18650s, 26650s, or 21700s. It only takes one though, which makes it more of a competitor to the jackaroo. The solo imho is probably too small. It takes only a single 18650. You would be swapping batteries more often, and possibly be using more of them in total.
Knowing how many batteries you are going to need for a whole week is a hard one. It depends a lot on how much you vape. To err towards overkill, maybe 8 18650s for a single battery 18650 mod, 6 18650s for a dual battery mod, or 5 21700s for a single battery 21700 mod. I’m just guessing though. Those numbers may wind up totally wrong in your case.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The original aegis... Not the legend or solo, uses 21700 batteries like the jackaroo. I hear the screen on the jackaroo takes a bit more abuse. The limited edition aegis floats though...

Will also take 26650s or 18650s. Finding one may be challenging though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
d5f17631-8a58-4ca1-85c1-0410f22e71f1-jpeg.806211

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Aren't there 2x700 batteries with ~10-15A CDR with 4500+ maH? That would seem to me to be the sweet spot for MTL.

mAh ratings can be misleading. Comparing Mooch’s tests - even though he does not plot a 5amp draw with his Samsung 40T test, it displays an almost identical AmpHrs at a 10 amp draw as a Samsung 48G at 5amp draw assuming a 3.2 volt cut off. Although I do not have the objective data, I suspect the 40T would give a longer run time at a 5amp draw with a 3.2 volt cut off despite the -800mAh less.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@UrNsFace – some excellent suggestions for you to ponder over. I have nothing to add that is not repeating what has already been said. But will state that you need to transport and store your spare batteries properly. Invest in battery cases. They are dirt cheap

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@UrNsFace – some excellent suggestions for you to ponder over. I have nothing to add that is not repeating what has already been said. But will state that you need to transport and store your spare batteries properly. Invest in battery cases. They are dirt cheap
Emphatic agreement here. You NEED a safe storage system for those spare batteries whatever they wind up being. I personally use silicone cases from FT, but the hard plastic ones work fine too. It’s really important that the contacts don’t touch anything metal (most especially each other) while being stored.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Emphatic agreement here. You NEED a safe storage system for those spare batteries whatever they wind up being. I personally use silicone cases from FT, but the hard plastic ones work fine too. It’s really important that the contacts don’t touch anything metal (most especially each other) while being stored.
I will double up on the doubling up. I the main battery sites all give plastic cases, but they can pop open. I got a zip case from 18650batterystore.com they said fit 2 21700, but I can get 4 20700s in it. It was like, 2$, and a five pack of silicone battery socks from fasttech was under 5$.:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
If I were at your case I would go with these:
  1. Aegis Mod 100w(This is the original aegis,buy only the mod not a kit.)It would be wise to get two modes because you must have a backup out there in the fields.
    upload_2019-6-22_1-39-50.jpeg

2. Geekvape aegis 20700/21700 battery cap.( This allows Geekvape Aegis owners to utilize 20700 / 21700 batteries).
    th
    The reason I suggest this cap is that I don't trust rewrap 26650 batteries.

3. 8 Samsung 50E2 21700 batteries.(If you are going to vape up to 20w ) Best ultra high capacity battery.
    th

4. XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus charger.(It can charge 4 21700 at the same time).You can set to charge the 4 batteries at 1 A or at 0.5 A via clicking the "current refresh button".No problem to use the 1A setting.

5. 4X plastic battery cases(each holds 2 batteries)
    upload_2019-6-22_2-6-0.jpeg
    th

6. Zlide mtl tank by Innokin (Get 2 you need to have a backup)
    • 0.48ohm Kanthal 3D Mesh Coil - rated for 13-16W
    • 1.6ohm Kanthal Coil - rated for 10W
      th

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You are getting good advice and I would go with a geekvape mod, and probably the original in my opinion. A larger capacity battery will give you less overall batteries to carry. It's also cool looking (in my opinion) and has a good record.

Keep in mind these are all just opinions. Good luck deciding.

Anna

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So, now i got new job that i need to live and work 28 days a month for many hours at the field with very bad consitons...
So i need to but a new vaping mod and tank so i can use it and not buy a new one evry other day...
It must have a strong battery life (gonna buy as many batteries as i need to maintain at least 7 days without charging)
Anyway, i like vaping mtl so i am not gonna need the strongest device in terms of voltage...
Thanks for helping guys

@UrNsFace, you've already got some great advice in this thread, I just have one more thought to toss at you. I don't know your situation exactly, but I'm thinking a power bank might be an option for you to consider if that could help you.

Google it and you'll see what's available out there. I have one that is capable of starting a car, and there are some that are more dedicated to recharging phones and laptops. 20 amp hours (20,000 mAh) capacity is easily available at a reasonable cost. After losses in the system, that would give this reasonably small box the ability to charge about 5 or 6, 2500 mAh batteries fully before it needs to be recharged again. If you don't empty the batteries completely, the number of batts you can recharge goes up appropriately.

Be careful about what output ports the box has, some have only USB so you would need to have a battery charger(s) that accept USB input of 5V (also be careful of the max amp output of the bank ports). Some like my car starter power bank have a 12V dc output (used to connect to the car battery) that I can connect a 12V car battery charger plug to run my vape battery charger. I could also plug a power inverter into the 12V dc circuit that would output 120V ac and connect that to a mains charge plug for the vape battery charger, but I suspect the inverter would add loss to the system that would further reduce the number of batteries you could charge from the bank.

Anyways, just a thought. Best of luck with it all :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread