Advice needed, Atty Noob; i06 attys on order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Ok, so please help! I have never owned an atty. I tried one at a vape meet a week ago and didn't see the big deal. But, I've been using boge 3 ohm cartos in tanks (boges have been the best for me, so far), rather than the myriad of smoktech dual coil cartos, and figured I needed to get a couple of attys to use at home, if for nothing else than for comparison.

I intend to continue using tanks because dripping in the car/at work would be a major pain. But at home, when relaxing, I wouldn't mind using attys if the flavor/vapor/TH are as good compared to cartos as everyone says they are.

Now, that being said, I primarily use 100% VG liquids. I vape boba's, gorilla juice, 100%VG sweet caroline (from ivape), and hype (again, I use boge 3 ohm cartos on my provari with tanks at aroud 4.5-5.2 volts).

On to the questions:
I do not want to ruin attys that I'm paying $8 each for, so, when I first take them out of the box, should I just drip and vape? If I decide to switch juices, do I need to go through any cleaning process? How frequently should i be cleaning these (I now it will depend on how frequently I vape them). How long should I see these last (again, I know it will depend on use). When I drip them, how much juice should I drip? Anything else I should know or be careful about?

Sorry for the noob post but I'd rather ask and have a plan than ruin them. Thanks!

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
I use atties almost exclusively, but have had my fair share of experience with cartos, tanks, clearomizers, etc... I do prefer atties at this point because the flavor and throat hit really are quite a bit better. When I'm dripping I don't worry about cleaning them out or anything between flavors. When you drip a few drops of a new flavor in, you'll definitely have some cross flavoring going on, but that subsides fairly quickly unless you are coming from a flavor that is super-bold (clove, pineapple, etc).

I'm like you... I like my stuff to be as easy as possible. Atties really aren't as finicky as they seem once you get the hang of them. A word of advice though, do NOT let them vape while dry. That will burn them up and make you hate life. Especially at voltages over 3.7. When you put on a fresh atty, I personally drip like 8-10 drops in them slowly (over like 5 minutes), which typically ends up flooding it, but really saturates it well. Blow out the excess or just vape through it, then you should be good. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Thanks, again, moose. Attys arrived yesterday. I went ahead and saturated it with a good 8ish drops of juice, then I drilled out the delrin drip tip to prevent the oh-so-famous liquid hangup. I started vaping and wasn't terribly impressed. I took the atty off, removed the drip tip, and blew it out into a napkin. I put everything back together and hit it again. WOW, talk about flavor. It wasn't as drastic as I thought it might be from all the atty reviews I've read but it is significantly better than out of a carto. The vapor production is right on par with the boge cartos, nothing extraordinary but I tell you what, this morning, I didn't want to leave the atty home but I wasn't going to drip all day at work. As soon as I got home, I threw the atty right back on. I wish they could make cartos that give you this kind of flavor.

Anyways, thumbs up on this atty from me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread