Advice needed... Best 18650 batteries to use with iStick 100W

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.H.

Jun 2, 2015
I have only been vaping since May so am still a newbie. I am thinking about getting an iStick 100W when they become available but get lost determining which batteries would be the best in quality and safety. I have no experience with replaceable batteries. Up to this point I have only used iStick 30W and eVic VT. I want to get a mod that would allow me to experiment with coils that run at a higher wattage. From a price point the iStick 100W wouldn't break the bank at $40-$45 should I find I'm really happier at lower wattages. Regarding the batteries, I would appreciate any advice on batteries and a quality charger. I've tried to help myself by reading past posts but get lost in all the different variables to consider. I am a little afraid to just buy any batteries out there. Below are the specs on the iStick. Thanks in advance for any help.

Features and Specs:

• Dimensions: 4"L x 2-1/8"W x 1"D
  • Variable Wattage: 5.0W - 100W
  • Variable Voltage: 2.0V - 10V
  • Resistance Range: 0.15 to 5.0 ohm
  • Dual Magnetized Battery Cover
  • Requires (2) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
  • OLED Display
  • Spring Loaded 510 Contact Pin
  • Stainless Steel 510 Threads
  • Aluminum Construction
  • Stealth Mode Capability
  • Passthrough Functionality
  • Advanced Temperature Alarm Function
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Temperature Protection
  • Atomizer Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    If you're going to vape at 75W or higher I recommend the Sony VTC4.
    From 40W-75W = Samsung 25R, green wrap if you can, blue wrap is just fine.
    Under 40W = LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, almost identical in performance.

If you just want one battery for anything up to 100W then pick the VTC4. It may not last as long as the other batteries when at lower wattage but you can always buy more batteries later. :)

I strongly recommend avoiding ebay and Amazon to avoid possible fake batteries. Buy from any of the reputable vendors instead.

[edit] These numbers are for single battery mods. If you have a dual battery mod you can double the wattage numbers since each battery will only handle half. For example, in the iStick 100W, at 100W, each battery only deals with 50W. In this example, the 25R would be the best choice in my opinion.

Last edited:

P.H.

Jun 2, 2015
    If you're going to vape at 75W or higher I recommend the Sony VTC4.
    From 40W-75W = Samsung 25R, green wrap if you can, blue wrap is just fine.
    Under 40W = LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q, almost identical in performance.

If you just want one battery for anything up to 100W then pick the VTC4. It may not last as long as the other batteries when at lower wattage but you can always buy more batteries later. :)

I strongly recommend avoiding ebay and Amazon to avoid possible fake batteries. Buy from any of the reputable vendors instead.

Thanks for breaking down the options by wattage range. That helps a lot! I think the 40W-75W range would cover anything I wanted to try. Good tip to avoid fakes. I shop a lot on Amazon but rarely buy electronics from them for that very reason.

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Arrgghhh....I forgot that the iStick 100W was a dual battery mod. If you buy it you can double the wattage number I gave you when selecting a battery. For example, if you use two 25R's you can go 80W-150W since each battery only has to deal with half the wattage.

I would recommend the 25R if you get the iStick 100W. Using two of these batteries each will only be used at, roughly, 50W maximum. Since the 25R lasts longer than the VTC4, it would be the better choice in my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion!

P.H.

Jun 2, 2015
    Arrgghhh....I forgot that the iStick 100W was a dual battery mod. If you buy it you can double the wattage number I gave you when selecting a battery. For example, if you use two 25R's you can go 80W-150W since each battery only has to deal with half the wattage.

I would recommend the 25R if you get the iStick 100W. Using two of these batteries each will only be used at, roughly, 50W maximum. Since the 25R lasts longer than the VTC4, it would be the better choice in my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't even caught that you were writing about one battery. lol. I would have just been pleasantly surprised down the road.

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    EFEST IMR 18650 LIMN 3100 MAH BATTERY FLAT TOP good for the I stick 100w? Or maybe
    EFEST IMR 18650 LIMN 2500MAH 35 AMP FLAT TOP BATTERY? Gonna be using this mainly for rdas

Whoa....I had to back up to read that.
    Those are 15A-20A batteries so they'll be ok in the iStick 100W but it all depends on how much current you'll be drawing when you use your rda. If the rda is on the iStick 100W then no problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread