Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Hey ECF - I have a particular problem and thought I would come here to see if I can get some help.

I have a friend who is a part of the group I have on Facebook. I posted a message today stating that I have over 30 days in on being Smoke Free and that I am giving away my last pack of cigarettes to a good home. The message actually goes like this:

Free To Good Home - Last Pack Of Cigarettes. Have Been Without For Over 30 Days And Barely Miss Them.They Will Comfort You In Trying Times, Will Be There When No One Else Will Be, And Will Kill You Dead. If You Desire A Shorter Lifespan, Numerous Health Ailments & A Desire To Smell Like An Ashtray - I May Have What You Are Looking For. No Strings Attached. Act Quickly As This Offer Will Go Fast.

The member replied that she is having trouble going vape Only and keeps backsliding and smoking cigarettes. I want to help her any way I can but when I thought I would reach out to advise her, I was totally lost in what I should or need to say to her.

Any suggestions on how I can help this young lady quit these stinking smokes for a much better life of total vapage?

Last edited:

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Newt. It could be a couple of things. Her nicotine level she is on could be too low for her. When I first started I smoked 2 pad and started at 18mg and couldn't let go of that last cig so I bumped up to 24 mg nic. Has she found flavors she loves? Does she love the equipment she is using? Either one of those if she don't could have her desiring to stay with the stinkies. :)

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Hi Newt. It could be a couple of things. Her nicotine level she is on could be too low for her. When I first started I smoked 2 pad and started at 18mg and couldn't let go of that last cig so I bumped up to 24 mg nic. Has she found flavors she loves? Does she love the equipment she is using? Either one of those if she don't could have her desiring to stay with the stinkies. :)

I have made the attempt to reach out to her. Put the ball in her court so to speak. Do not know if it was the message I left and an impulse reaction in her reply but will find out soon enough if she is serious in not smoking anymore.

Thanks for the link Funk. There are some good replies to this young mans issue. I hope he is able to kick the habit.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota

yeah, Ill agree with all of ^^^^^^that.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You also have to realize that you can only do so much. Just by being positive about vaping and sharing your progress should be enough for your friend to either open up or say nothing. I will drop everything and talk to anyone about vaping but I know that it is ultimately the person's decision. Good luck to you and your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread