The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by simplynewt, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. simplynewt

simplynewt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Hey ECF - I have a particular problem and thought I would come here to see if I can get some help.

I have a friend who is a part of the group I have on Facebook. I posted a message today stating that I have over 30 days in on being Smoke Free and that I am giving away my last pack of cigarettes to a good home. The message actually goes like this:

Free To Good Home - Last Pack Of Cigarettes. Have Been Without For Over 30 Days And Barely Miss Them.They Will Comfort You In Trying Times, Will Be There When No One Else Will Be, And Will Kill You Dead. If You Desire A Shorter Lifespan, Numerous Health Ailments & A Desire To Smell Like An Ashtray - I May Have What You Are Looking For. No Strings Attached. Act Quickly As This Offer Will Go Fast.

The member replied that she is having trouble going Vape Only and keeps backsliding and smoking cigarettes. I want to help her any way I can but when I thought I would reach out to advise her, I was totally lost in what I should or need to say to her.

Any suggestions on how I can help this young lady quit these stinking smokes for a much better life of total vapage?

2. Evie Luv

Evie Luv ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Newt. It could be a couple of things. Her nicotine level she is on could be too low for her. When I first started I smoked 2 pad and started at 18mg and couldn't let go of that last cig so I bumped up to 24 mg nic. Has she found flavors she loves? Does she love the equipment she is using? Either one of those if she don't could have her desiring to stay with the stinkies. :)

3. Funk Dracula

Funk Dracula Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Earth
  4. FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    The above, plus tell her to come to ECF. Perhaps she will join with her own questions once see she how helpful the new member's section can be. Just the moral support has helped a lot of people through the tough times.

5. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    I have made the attempt to reach out to her. Put the ball in her court so to speak. Do not know if it was the message I left and an impulse reaction in her reply but will find out soon enough if she is serious in not smoking anymore.

Thanks for the link Funk. There are some good replies to this young mans issue. I hope he is able to kick the habit.

6. amoret

amoret Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    It could be nicotine level, hardware quality, outside stress, level of commitment or any combination. The best advice I ever received on ECF during the time it took me to completely switch was to count the number of cigarettes I didn't smoke, not the number I did.

7. sky4it

sky4it Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2013
    Minnesota
    yeah, Ill agree with all of ^^^^^^that.

8. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Yea, I am thinking Nic Level as well but she has not contacted me yet. Hopefully she will and I can get her on the right track

9. issy

issy Super Member ECF Veteran

Good luck to you when she reaches back. All good suggestions here...and she should definitely count the ciggies she isn't smoking!

10. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    You also have to realize that you can only do so much. Just by being positive about vaping and sharing your progress should be enough for your friend to either open up or say nothing. I will drop everything and talk to anyone about vaping but I know that it is ultimately the person's decision. Good luck to you and your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.