Advice on coils for Vaporesso Target Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

schytzo

May 12, 2018
Hi all,

I'm getting back into vapes to quit smoking. It's worked before but I fell off the wagon so now I'm back at it again. I'm having to relearn everything and this time around, I got a Target Pro starter pack when I used to use cheap pen style vapes.

I've been reading a bit and trying to nail down what I need as far as coils go. I went through the two that came with the starter pack - they didn't last very long and I understand that's normal. So I hit up my local vape shop for a spare and I think I got a .6 kanthal. Not 100% but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. On the mod display it reads .58. I've been vaping at 31 watts and it is working pretty well, though I'm finding I'm going through a lot of juice. I'm using 30%PG / 70%VG.

So the questions. Are all SS / kanthal coils ceramic? only some? I liked TC mode (@ about 400-430F) when I used the included coils but was advised not to use TC when I bought the coil I'm using now. I read read that the .9 kanthals are really good. I may try a sampler of those. Worth it? Can yall recommend a coil (I gather that it has to SS, and either one in ceramic, one in normal if that is even how it works) I can use in TC mode? I guess one that's >/=.5.

Thanks yall.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
You can use temp control for stainless steel Nickel and titanium coils. Kanthal you can’t.

Wicks can be cotton or ceramic. Those two seem to be the most common anyway.

I’m kind of in the same situation as you are. Just getting back into vaping after going back to smoking for a couple years, so I’m relearning things too. Thing is, when I vaped before I got REALLY into it, so I was building my own coils and stuff. I’m not sure about your particular mod, but most with temp control also have plain old variable wattage mode that you can use for kanthal coils if you want to try those. You just have to put it on the right setting.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I liked my first Target Pro so much I bought another one. Some time ago Vaporesso changed their Ccells using hexagonal flood ports. Many people including me have had a lot of trouble with them burning out quickly from not wicking. Vaporesso has not been forthcoming with a solution so I can't recommend them anymore.

The good news is that Vaporesso has come out with a new product, the EUC coil. You can go to Vaporesso.com and find them under the Veco or Gemini tank. You'll need to get a pack of coils with an adapter sleeve so it will work in the Target Pro but it is well worth it. I recommend the ceramic SS316 coils, they work great. Fasttech has a 5 pack with a sleeve adapter for $8.80 but it will take a couple of weeks to arrive.

If you do get stuck with the Ccells with the hexagonal flood ports, leave a bubble in the tank when you fill it. Then tighten the top cover finger tight and then back it off about a 1/4 turn. That's supposed to help but I haven't actually tried this yet. I hope this helps.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm finding I'm going through a lot of juice.
Welcome and glad you joined.
In General lower ohm coils/higher wattage vaping will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster/shorten life
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
May be less healthier - higher temps.
May Produce Spit Back
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)
More exposure to carcinogens at high temps
Might like to read some commentaries on sub-ohm vaping:
What Ohms should I choose?
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-is-sub-ohm-vaping-dangerous.462202/
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
https://spinfuel.com/sub-ohm-vaping/

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread