Advice on issue with Smok Alien/Aspire Triton mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can give me some advice/insight into an issue I have sometimes with my setup. I am using the Smok Alien mod, Aspire Triton Mini tank with the NI temp control coils.

Last night I put a new coil in my tank, told my box it was a new coil and set all the normal settings. Last night it was hitting just fine, no issues, right at about 210 degrees Celsius. This morning I did change out my tank to a Smok Big Baby Beast, and during the change I did change the settings over to wattage mode for the different coil in that tank.

After a bit, I swapped back to the Aspire tank, changed settings again and it wouldn't hit at all at 210 Celsius. I have had to bump it all the way up to 315 to get it to hit at all! When I first put the tank on, I said it wasn't a new coil but when it was acting like this, I took tank off and put it back on and said it was a new coil. Still same issue. Anyone know what's going on and why it does this sometimes??

Also, on a side note, when setting up a coil in this mod, you have some settings to adjust. Mode, Strength, Coil, then tc-ni. The default setting for tc-ni is 0.00600. I've always kept it set at that, but i'm really not sure what that setting is for exactly. Can someone please explain that?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sounds like I s some how still set for the big baby beast. My first thought with any computer ( and a mod is a small computer) would be “have you turned it off and on?”
remove the atty then remove the batteries from the mod an put them back in, thus hard resetting the computer. Then put your atty back on and see if it behaves correctly

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure what is happening with your mod, but I think that smok products don't typically do TC well from what I've heard. This sounds like some kind of firmware issue or intermittent problem, however and I don't know your mod too well. I would be hesitant vaping nickel coils on that mod however, as you really want something accurate. I'm assuming you checked the coil and etc., etc.

Hopefully someone will have better answers for you with this and good luck!

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread