Advice on my 1st hybrid mech? And did you know about mechs when u started or learn as you went?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
So I just got my 1st mech, the dotmod Petri lite with the Petri v2 rda and I was quite surprised to find that the positive pin is BARELY protruding on the V2 and therefore I'm a lil nervous to put a build in it. Is anyone familiar with these that could give me some advice? It's a beauty but I still don't want to blow my face off just to look good while vaping haha. I know next to nothing about mechs so any pointers would be awesome. Btw I'm so glad to be a new member of this forum!!
78214d760e995272dac928fb309fa7ac.jpg
a581756e8d0bf736f20ec1ef929c595c.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Im not knocking you if it comes across that way but if you don't mind can I ask if you don't know hardly anything about mechs why you bought one?

Do you know ohms law and how to build your coils in order to be safe on the mod with the cells you have in the mod?

Mechs are dangerous in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing. You have to build your coils in relation to the cells your using or you can be holding a pipe bomb. You have to build your coils so that they aren't trying to pull more amps from your batteries than they are rated for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
I know ohms law, voltage/resistance and I can use steam engine just fine. Plus I just bought a pair of HB4s after messaging with Mooch and learning that they are some of the best 30A cells I could get. I know how to build, I use RTAs all the time lol. I got a mech cuz Dotmod had a 50% off sale so I couldn't pass up that gorgeous setup for half price lol. I have been wanting to get into mechs and high end devices so I thought that'd be a good starting point, a nice authentic mod for a great price u know? I know there's a lot to learn and I would never just throw some coils in it without doing my due diligence first cuz the last thing our community needs is more idiots blowing things up lol

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
Im not knocking you if it comes across that way but if you don't mind can I ask if you don't know hardly anything about mechs why you bought one?

Do you know ohms law and how to build your coils in order to be safe on the mod with the cells you have in the mod?

Mechs are dangerous in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing. You have to build your coils in relation to the cells your using or you can be holding a pipe bomb. You have to build your coils so that they aren't trying to pull more amps from your batteries than they are rated for.

Sorry I meant to hit reply in that last message but I just commented instead of replying to u

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Sorry I meant to hit reply in that last message but I just commented instead of replying to u

No worries.

If you have done your homework on the way mechs work, ohms law and the whole build to your cells amps then your good to go. I would have done the same thing scooping up an authentic for 1/2 price.

There are some people out there that say "I'm gonna get a mech even though I don't know anything about them and build some cloud chucking coils in it and not know ohms law" so I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into before you blew off your hand if not your face.

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
No worries.

If you have done your homework on the way mechs work, ohms law and the whole build to your cells amps then your good to go. I would have done the same thing scooping up an authentic for 1/2 price.

There are some people out there that say "I'm gonna get a mech even though I don't know anything about them and build some cloud chucking coils in it and not know ohms law" so I just wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into before you blew off your hand if not your face.

Yeah I know there are a lot of ...... out there who don't respect the power that those batteries hold but thankfully I'm a reasonably intelligent guy lol so I tend to do my homework on anything that I'm new at. Thanks for making sure that I know what I'm getting into tho. In my pic of the RDA, is that positive sticking out enough? I asked Dotmod and they said it is hybrid safe but it's not half as protruding as my Kylin. I wish I could just use that on it but a 25-26mm would look pretty dumb on a tiny 22mm tube mech lol. Do u know of any good 22mm atyys that work well on a hybrid?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

DDarko419

Jan 9, 2017
Don't use the black RDA on a direct to battery mod, the pin doesn't extend far enough.
That's what I thought but it was made to go on a hybrid mech, they're sold as a pair, the Dotmod Petri lite and Petri v2 RDA so they should work together. I don't get why they don't just make all pins on RDAs protruding

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
That's what I thought but it was made to go on a hybrid mech, they're sold as a pair, the Dotmod Petri lite and Petri v2 RDA so they should work together. I don't get why they don't just make all pins on RDAs protruding

Sounds like they've dropped the ball on Quality Control. That base should have never been paired with a mod, but that's just the way I look at it.
How is the blue one? They are awesome looking setups.

Reactions: Verb and Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

If it has 510 threading...it is NOT a hybrid.
Looking for a hybrid mech mod

Know your gear
Cheers
I

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Yeah I know there are a lot of ...... out there who don't respect the power that those batteries hold but thankfully I'm a reasonably intelligent guy lol so I tend to do my homework on anything that I'm new at. Thanks for making sure that I know what I'm getting into tho. In my pic of the RDA, is that positive sticking out enough? I asked Dotmod and they said it is hybrid safe but it's not half as protruding as my Kylin. I wish I could just use that on it but a 25-26mm would look pretty dumb on a tiny 22mm tube mech lol. Do u know of any good 22mm atyys that work well on a hybrid?

Hey man, no worries at all.

I def would not use the black RDA on the mod. Better play that safe than sorry.

I don't even look at 22mm anything. The smallest I have is 24mm and I don't even use it cause it's too small for my vaping style. I run 30mm and up. I have the Voltrove which is a 41mm RTA and a 40mm Mason. Sorry I can't help ya there.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
If you still can't see it right, you may have to turn the phone on the side to see the bottom of the 510 lol.

@Ben85, the reason you can't see it is because it's not really protruding. Doesn't matter what angle the pic is taken, it doesn't have a long enough 510 to be safe on a hybrid.

Like I said in an earlier comment, play it safe than sorry, especially with these cells we use on a mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread