Advise on Tank (Kanger Sub-Tank Replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
I am looking to replace my wife's Sub-tank. I am sick of building on that small deck and dealing with dry hits.

Some requirements....

Little to no leaking
Easy to fill (ie.. no tools required, screw on/off type design)
Deck can be removed without draining tank
Decent sized deck
At least 3ML

I gave her a Lemo 2 but she keeps filling it with air holes open and it leaks all over the place. Need something simple that just works.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Do these have a RBA section? did not see one on a quick look.

The RBA for the Crown is very tricky to wick without it leaking, especially when top filling. I do not recommend it. I love my Crown, but prefer to rebuild the normal coil heads than to fool with the leaky RBA. Sometimes the RBA works very well, but it cannot be trusted.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Goliath V2, though it is bottom fill. Dual or single coil capable, reasonably roomy (for an RTA) two post deck, easy to build on, easy to wick, doesn't leak, decent MTL with the single coil adapter in, compact but still 5ML, deck can come off with juice in the tank, and you can run pre-built coils if you really want to (it comes with a couple). Inexpensive too.

OBS Crius. An improved variation on the Lemo 2 top fill (still need to close airflow), simple two post deck, deck can be removed without losing juice, also 5ML, but doesn't support single coils. $30-ish.

TFV4 Mini. 3.5ml, a huge amount of pre-built options, and three different and roomy RBA decks (optional single and dual decks, Kayfun V4 style "Clapton" single with a MTL plug is included). Well built, easy top fill, but wicking can be a challenge at first, and tank needs to be more than half empty to access the deck without dumping juice. $35-ish.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
I am looking to replace my wife's Sub-Tank. I am sick of building on that small deck and dealing with dry hits.

Some requirements....

Little to no leaking
Easy to fill (ie.. no tools required, screw on/off type design)
Deck can be removed without draining tank
Decent sized deck
At least 3ML

I gave her a Lemo 2 but she keeps filling it with air holes open and it leaks all over the place. Need something simple that just works.
You should look at the Mutation X MT rta. 5ml tank, huge build deck (for an rta),top fill. Only thing that you might not like is the tank has to be empty to build. Also a plus is the bottom fed AFC.

Reactions: MMW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread