The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Advocacy in Singapore

Discussion in 'SG Vapers' started by leeahlow, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. leeahlow

leeahlow Full Member

Oct 31, 2014
    Anyone know of anyone who is advocating about the use of EVP or Vaping in Singapore? Is there anything do to help or start and try improve the situation?

I am kind of tired just sitting here and waiting for change.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    i dont think so.. the last thing anyone would want to do is to contradict what the government believes... they know what's best for you, like vape is bad but cigarettes are not, you can buy local cigarettes no matter how many packets you want without getting worried of apprehension and house raids.

3. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    the government earns 85% for every pack of cigarette sold, so i heard. proving them vape is healthier than cigarette and you are a living testimony might get you to trouble, that's $10,000 more for their coffers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I am for advocacy sometimes, but there are certain types of advocacy I might enjoy but would DEFINITELY avoid, given MY government.

Unfortunately, given SG government I would not advocate for much of anything. It's an unfortunate shame, but I would think the simplest of advocacy would put a person at high risk of imprisonment, fines, etc.

You could look into applying for "refugee" status in the US :lol::lol::lol: I can't believe I even typed that sentence.

I feel really bad for your plight, but please be careful and etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  5. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    As far as vaping goes, I think I'd go for the UK or Canada. US is almost as whack and probably for the same money reasons.
    I might be sneaking into Canada at some point and claiming refugee for vaping and healthcare the way things are going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. leeahlow

leeahlow Full Member

Oct 31, 2014
    it seems like we should not shake the tree. Thanks all for input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.