Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
This thread is for people to post advocacy opportunities/ideas that take only a few minutes of time . . . something that everyone can fit into a very busy day. I'll try to post something weekly (although I'm hoping folks will forgive me in advance if I fall short on that goal--things are crazy busy at CASAA right now), but I'm hoping that others will post their ideas as well.

To start things off:

ANR (Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights) is calling upon its membership to send an email and call Six Flags to complain about providing vaping areas at their parks. (They also have their nose out of joint about blu signs "advertising" the designated vaping spots.)

Personally, I don't really care about the advertising issue, but I am very grateful to see a business making a reasonable accommodation for vapers. And so I took a moment to go to Six Flags' website to thank them forproviding vaping areas. Seems like people always find the time to complain, but rarely take the time and effort to say "thank you."

If you appreciate Six Flags' decision to allow vaping in designated areas at the park, drop them a note.

Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights Action Network: Email - Do you think e-cigarettes should be promoted at Six Flags?

Direct Link to Six Flags' website to send them a note:https://www.sixflags.com/discove…/plan-your-visit/contact-us

And if you want to call them: 707-644-4000

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I was just at Six Flags in Chicago back in June and there weren't any vaping areas yet, I hope they are coming our way soon. I didn't know this was going on so thanks for the heads up, I did send them a nice thank you via email..

"I just want to thank Six Flags for creating a space for vapers. I quit smoking and switched to vaping and having a place to relax and vape while my kids race around the park is a godsend. Not everyone appreciates or understands what vaping is so for a large company like Six Flags to acknowledge that vaping is not the same as smoking and to dedicate a space to vapers tells me that Six Flags is paying attention and that is extraordinary in my opinion. Thank you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread