Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back for todays review of the new Boost Pro and RDTA from Geekvape. The Aegis Pro is the newest edition of the ever popular Boost series of Pod mods that has some big changes from it's predecessors with one being able to reach 100w which is a big jump from it's siblings. It still operates on a single 18650 battery though a 21700 would have been much appreciated but still there enough power to operate with the new more powerful P-series of coils. Not only has the Pro been updated in the wattage department but also in the Pod capacity now giving us 6ml. There are other changes and updating that's been done that I will cover later in the review but first let's have a look at the new Aegis Boost Pro .

COLOR CHOICES

aegis-boost-pro-sale.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE BOOST PRO
    * Aegis Boost Pro
    * Type-C Charge Cable
    * User Manual
    * 0.4Ω P-Series Coil
    * 0.2Ω P-Series Coil Pre-Installed
    * Extra Drip Tip
    * Coil Assist Tool
    * Warranty Card
    * Warning Card

20201128_141829.jpg

IP 67 RATED

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Pro_Kit_Tri-proof.jpg

QUADRA vaping SYSTEM

Aegis_Boost_Pro.jpg

UPGRADED GEN 2 AIRFLOW CONTROL

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Pro_Kit_Gen_2_airflow_control.jpg

BRAND NEW 5 COLOR UI

aegis-boost-pro-04.gif

TYPE-C 2AMP CHARGING USB

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Pro_Kit_USB-C_Cable.jpg

NEW P-SERIES COILS

GeekVape_Aegis_Boost_Pro_Kit_P_Series_Coil.jpg

MANY CHOICES TO CHOOSE FROM

aegis-boost-pro-02.gif

KEY DETAILS

geekvape-aegis-boost-pro-coils.jpg

* The new Aegis Boost Pro Pod does NOT work on Aegis Boost Plus;

* The new P series coils Do NOT work on Aegis Boost Plus;

* The old Aegis Boost Plus Pod works on the new Aegis Boost Pro;

* The old B series coils work on the new Aegis Boost Pro if the pod is Aegis Boost Plus Pod;

* The RDTA Pod & 510 adapter work on both products;

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Well folks I have one word to describe my first impression after removing it from the shipping box and that word is WOW. I have to give a very big thank you to Elliott and Geekvape for sending the beautiful case and all of the components that were included.

20201118_125037.jpg

Included in the case is your box that comes with the Boost Pro including the charge cable, coil assist tool, user manual, warranty card, extra drip tip, P-series 0.4Ω coil. The P-series 0.2Ω coil is pre-installed in the pod. Also in the case next to the box is the RDTA Pod on top that can also be used with the Boost Plus as well as the 510 adapter plate sitting underneath it. Moving down to the other section of the case is the Aegis Boost Pro on the left and next to it is the new Boost Pro Pod with the Pod for the Boost Plus that also works with the Boost Pro device underneath it. Next to both Pods are the Coils with the 2 top being the new P-Series coils with a B-Series Coil that is 0.3Ω followed by a G-Series Coil 0.4Ω and finally a G-Series Coil 0.6Ω. And if if that wasn't enough under the main case laid a pair of keys to keep the case locked up if you choose to.

20201127_093753.jpg

BOOST PRO 4ml RDTA POD

Starting off with the RDTA Pod first. the deck is of a 2 post post design that uses flat head screws to capture the coil legs, this is a single coil RDTA with a single airflow hole in the center of the deck that feeds most of the air supplied to the coil with a wick hole on either side. The fill port is exactly the same as the P and G Coil Pods. After opening to fill you can rotate the fill plug out of the way making filling easier. Your other air supplier comes from the 810 top cap that has a series of 8 holes on either side giving you a total of 16 holes on the top cap that are adjusted by turning the knurled top portion of the top cap. The airholes can be adjusted horizontally or vertically. The Pod is not clear but has light tinting. This RDTA is a air factory mainly because you have no airflow adjustment of the main air supply and as you can see in my photo it's rather large. I found that only 1 hole is needed to be open on the top cap for a good RDL vape. This RDTA pod is super easy to build on and produces good flavor, I just wish there was a adjustment for the main airflow.

20201128_070654.jpg

20201128_074153.jpg

20201128_120245.jpg

THE 510 ADAPTOR PLATE

The 510 adaptor plate that was included in the case gives you the ability to use any tank that has a male 510 connection on it with both the Boost Pro or the Boost Plus and works great. the connection to the pod clicks into place and is sturdy as well as solid. I've already reviewed the 510 adaptor when I reviewed the Zeus Nano Tank so I wont go into detail on it here but I'll leave a link to the review I did earlier with the Zeus Nano Tank.

ZEUS NANO TANK FEATURING ( 510 ADAPTER ) FOR BOOST PLUS REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

THE P-SERIES POD

The Boost Pro comes with a new Pod also that has a 6ml capacity and a larger coil opening to accommodate the new larger P-Coils. As with the RDTA the fill port has a very large opening with plenty of air allowed to escape when filling preventing a mess that sometimes came with the original Boost. This Pod uses a 810 styled drip tip as the RDTA does and is very comfortable but unlike the RDTA's ability to use any 810 Goon styled drip tip this Pod only allows you to use 810 drip tips with the O-rings on them but I think you will find the one supplied to be just fine. Unlike the RDTA Pod that has no adjustment of the main airflow selector the P-series Pod does have a fully adjustable airflow and it works very well with no whistle or funny noise at any adjustment selection. You will also notice that the top portion of the circular airflow is now used instead of the bottom portion that was used on the Boost Plus, I don't know if it because of the new position or more airflow but it seems that my vape is somewhat smoother using the new Pod with the new airflow position. It seems that Geekvape wanted to make something that would satisfy almost all types of vapers from the big air lovers to the very RDL vaper and everywhere in between and I think they accomplished that goal , I mean I only use 1/8 of the airflow open and get a very nice DL vape so you can imagine just how airy this new pod and coils can be.

20201128_080855.jpg

NEW P-SERIES COILS

We now come to the new P-Series coils and I have to tell you that as much as I really like the older Coils of the Boost Plus these new Coils just seem more flavorful to me. Both vape very well with very good flavor but my preference is the 0.2Ω simply for the added warmth, both coils also produce plenty of vapor to please anyone IMO. Both are mesh with the 0.2Ω having a more thicker volume to it's mass netting of wire. In my photo below the 0.2Ω coil is featured on the left with the 0.4 resting on the right.

P-SERIES COILS 0.2Ω ( 60-70W ) ON THE LEFT  0.4Ω ( 50-60W ) ON THE RIGHT.jpg

The older Pod and coils that came in the case have been covered before in my previous reviews so I won't be covering them in todays review but I will leave a link for the Boost Plus where the previous Pod and coils were reviewed.

GEEKVAPE AEGIS BOOST PLUS REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322

THE BOOST PRO DEVICE

Now we come to the main attraction of the review for most people, the device itself standing next to the Boost Plus looks exactly like the Plus but it's just a tad bit larger and deeper where the Pod connects to the device. The new Boost Pro has a new user interface that gives the Boost pro it's new look on the display screen even though all the information on remains the same as the Boost Plus just laid out differently.

The Boost Plus gave us 3 colors to use on the display screen but with the new interface we now have a total of 5 colors to choose from and they are blue, green, magenta, orange and yellow in that order on the menu. Although I really like the new look of the display one item should have been made larger especially for people with not that great of eyesight and it's the battery meter bar that sits in the upper right corner of the display.

20201128_103019.jpg

The display is very sharp and defined with the color choices being crisp as well . As I said earlier this is a device that has a maximum wattage of 100w and uses a single 18650 battery to run the device which has me wondering why they made this a 100w device because you will not be able to vape any build at 100w on a single 18650 battery fed device.

The Boost Pro scrolls in .5 watt increments and does so very quickly and also has the round robin feature. Buttons on the Boost Pro are great with the fire button being very clicky and the up and down buttons being also clicky just not as pronounced.

As I mentioned earlier this is a single 18650 device that just like the Boost Plus has a battery cover that unscrews and is located at the very bottom of the device. Battery polarity is clearly marked with a positive red X inside the device and a minus sign on the inside of the battery compartment cover.

Geekvape did change the interface but kept the same menu that was used in the Boost Plus and it's a easy one to remember, I'll cover it again below.

MENU

* ON/OFF IS 5 PRESSES OF THE FIRE BUTTON

* TO LOCK THE WATTAGE BUTTONS PRESS AND HOLD + AND - BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY

* TO UNLOCK THE WATTAGE BUTTONS PRESS AND HOLD + AND - BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY

* TO LOCK THE ENTIRE DEVICE PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY WHILE WATTAGE IS LOCKED - TO UNLOCK PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY

* TO ENTER THE MENU PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY
    ONCE YOUR IN THE MENU THE MODE YOUR IN WILL HIGHLIGHT THEN USE THE + OR - BUTTONS TO MOVE TO WHAT YOU WANT TO BE IN, ONCE THERE PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON TO OPEN FURTHER CHOICES WITHIN YOUR SELECTION THAT CAN BE ACCESSED USING THE + OR - BUTTONS, WHEN FINISHED PRESS AND HOLD THE FIRE BUTTON.

* MENU CHOICES - POWER, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC, BYPASS

* DISPLAY COLOR CHANGE - PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON 3 TIMES QUICKLY THEN PRESS AND HOLD THE + AND - BUTTONS TO CHANGE COLORS

* INCREASE BRIGHTNESS - PRESS POWER AND + BUTTON SIMULTANEOUSLY

* DECREASE BRIGHTNESS - PRESS POWER AND - BUTTON SIMULTANEOUSLY

PROS
    *Attractive
    * Replaceable 18650
    * 5 Color Display
    * Great Flavor
    * Type-C
    * 2 Amp Charging
    * IP 67 Rated
    * Bright

CONS
    * Small Battery Meter Bar
    * RDTA Very Airy

WISHES

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Well folks my final impressions on the Boost Pro are very good because of the new P-Series Coils being so flavorful and the new interface was a nice update to a already great device that carries the Aegis name, meaning it's built to take abuse and still chug along without missing a beat. The device has functioned without any problems of any kind in the 8 or so days I've been using it.

I really wish Geekvape had made this a 21700 because if you use it as your only device during your work day you will need to swap out the battery for a fresh one, it will not make it though the whole day on 1 battery and I vape 4 sec vapes unless flavor is popping then it's usually 5-6 sec vapes so that might be a factor. I get about 157 vapes per battery running it at 58-60w with plenty of flavor at those wattages.

You may be asking yourself if you own the Boost Plus should I upgrade to the Boost Pro with the larger Pod capacity and more powerful coils, only you can answer that but if you been wanting a punch of more power with plenty of flavor the Boost Pro will do the job and if you own the 510 adapter plate already it fits the Boost Pro also. Also it's a great lookin device.

20201128_083841.jpg

I would like to thank Elliott and Geekvape for providing this wonderful assortment including the case as well as the star of the show the Aegis Boost Plus. I hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Aegis Boost Pro.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks Hit I'm looking forward to reading yours as well when you post. The new coils really bring new life into the already fantastic Boost Plus.

I still haven’t tried everything yet but will soon. Not sure how soon I’ll write it since I’ve just had it a few days in operation.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread