Aegis Legend Dual Battery?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
So i currently have an Aegis but saw this little beauty as a pre order. Im blown away as finally dual battery versian is gonna be available buuut.... i did see on site its shown as dual 18650 and no other info given but original single battery takes 18650/26650/20700/21700 with 1 afapter and 2 battery caps i have 4 options. is it a plan in works to develop same capacity on new aegis legend or final product is 18650 capable only??

Reactions: stols001

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
I've been eyeing this one a lot. They kind of went overboard IMO. Battery flap for ease of batt change AND a USB port for charging and updates. Downside being less shock resistance/ gets hit too hard might diminish water resistance?

2 round doors would have been cool// maybe run on 1 or 2 cells and multiple types.

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
I've been eyeing this one a lot. They kind of went overboard IMO. Battery flap for ease of batt change AND a USB port for charging and updates. Downside being less shock resistance/ gets hit too hard might diminish water resistance?

2 round doors would have been cool// maybe run on 1 or 2 cells and multiple types.
i think it stated on a geekvapes site NOTE* while batteries in device DO NOT drop from above 1meter in hight. they have detailed info on link too

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
So i currently have an Aegis but saw this little beauty as a pre order. Im blown away as finally dual battery versian is gonna be available buuut.... i did see on site its shown as dual 18650 and no other info given but original single battery takes 18650/26650/20700/21700 with 1 afapter and 2 battery caps i have 4 options. is it a plan in works to develop same capacity on new Aegis Legend or final product is 18650 capable only??

The Aegis Legend will take dual 18650 only, we don't have plan to make dual 21700 version at this moment, but that can be changed when there are many requests for that.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Our initial design was 2 round doors, but that make battery change takes much more time....Don't think people are going to like it.

The legend should remain its full capabilities when impact occurred on the other surface other than the battery door, here is the statement: Aegis Legend Shockproof Statement

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I guess my thought was if you have USB charging, does it matter how long a battery change takes?

The true beauty of the original is it's ability to withstand Punishment and borderline abuse IMO.
Great point CagedSpam, but not sure how others think about this.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I guess my thought was if you have USB charging, does it matter how long a battery change takes?
In order to maintain its ability to be water proof, the USB port uses a silicone plug in the port. Although Geekvape supplies two plugs in the kit, removing the plug multiple times for the sake of charging could damage the plugs as they are relatively fragile. Best to reserve the USB port primarily for firmware updates only.

I find the battery door easy and quick to use in order to charge batteries externally.

A couple of ECF reviews here: Aegis Legend Kit - Geekvape

FXChronicles

Jun 9, 2018
So i currently have an Aegis but saw this little beauty as a pre order. Im blown away as finally dual battery versian is gonna be available buuut.... i did see on site its shown as dual 18650 and no other info given but original single battery takes 18650/26650/20700/21700 with 1 afapter and 2 battery caps i have 4 options. is it a plan in works to develop same capacity on new Aegis Legend or final product is 18650 capable only??

Bit off topic but have you gotten the Aegis Legend? If yes, how does the size compare? I got the 100w instead of the Legend because I like single battery mod. But seeing how fat the 100w mod is, I feel like I made a mistake and should've just gotten the Legend one instead since they're thinner.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The legend isn't exactly small, but the handfeel is fantastic. It's really well designed and yes, it's for sure not small, but it's not that heavy (especially given that it's made of ultra durable materials). I'm really happy with the size, weight and handfeel, and I have relatively small hands.

I don't have the single battery ages to compare it with, but I really like the Legend a great deal, and it's an easy carry (LOL, I have yet to drop it ironically) and it's just great.

Anna

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Bit off topic but have you gotten the Aegis Legend? If yes, how does the size compare? I got the 100w instead of the Legend because I like single battery mod. But seeing how fat the 100w mod is, I feel like I made a mistake and should've just gotten the Legend one instead since they're thinner.

Legend might not be much thinner than Aegis. Maybe the picture could help you to compare them.

Attachments

• 20180611162258.jpg
    20180611162258.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 47

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
The legend isn't exactly small, but the handfeel is fantastic. It's really well designed and yes, it's for sure not small, but it's not that heavy (especially given that it's made of ultra durable materials). I'm really happy with the size, weight and handfeel, and I have relatively small hands.

I don't have the single battery ages to compare it with, but I really like the Legend a great deal, and it's an easy carry (LOL, I have yet to drop it ironically) and it's just great.

Anna

Thanks Anna.
It is glad that you love our Geekvape products.:rickroll:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was lucky enough to get one of these units to do a review recently. In my opinion, it's a great mod. I did have a little trouble closing the battery door at first but realized that I just needed to apply a little more pressure when closing it. I've had it for about three weeks or so now and am really enjoying using it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread