Aegis Legend isn´t charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblesoldier

Dec 1, 2018
i have the feeling that the batterys are broken or im just doing something wrong... when i try to charge the batterys the display just shows the "Battery low protection" warning and nothing more. i thought there wouldn´t be any indicators that the batterys are charging so i´ve let them "charge" over night but nothing happened and the display is still showing the warning when i try to charge it

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
i have the feeling that the batterys are broken or im just doing something wrong... when i try to charge the batterys the display just shows the "Battery low protection" warning and nothing more. i thought there wouldn´t be any indicators that the batterys are charging so i´ve let them "charge" over night but nothing happened and the display is still showing the warning when i try to charge it

I take my batteries out and charge them in a charger not in the mod itself. I also get that error message when I try to connect the mod to my pc to download firmware. Something is very wrong. I think we got a bad batch or something.

I have asked in the ask a question thread for the Aegis Legend but still no answer as of yet. Hopefully soon tho as they are good at cs.
Here is the link

Geekvape Aegis Legend

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
What batteries are you using with the Legend?
Did you buy the device and batteries from your local shop?
Have you returned to the shop for assistance?
Do you have an external charger?
Do you have a back up device so you don't fall back to smoking cigarettes?

Cheers
I

Bubblesoldier

Dec 1, 2018
Hi and welcome,
What batteries are you using with the Legend?
Did you buy the device and batteries from your local shop?
Have you returned to the shop for assistance?
Do you have an external charger?
Do you have a back up device so you don't fall back to smoking cigarettes?

Cheers
I
i can´t exactly tell you the name but on the battery is this printed: lgabhg21865
and yeah both came from the shop, and no since i started only yesterday with vaping o only have one device and no external charger... i don´t know if i should buy new batterys.. i have to purchase a external charger i guess

Bubblesoldier

Dec 1, 2018
i can´t exactly tell you the name but on the battery is this printed: lgabhg21865
and yeah both came from the shop, and no since i started only yesterday with vaping o only have one device and no external charger... i don´t know if i should buy new batterys.. i have to purchase a external charger i guess
and the vape shop has is closed on a saturday for some reason so monday will it be open again

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The USB cord that comes with the legend is specifically for updates, not charging (the white cord) so if you are using it to charge, that could be why.

Also, the Legend has a kind of finicky USB PLUG, it can be hard to get the cord seated correctly because it's so finicky. It has to be because it's designed to be waterproof.

So try another cord and check your connections although I almost feel bad saying that based on a) I have no clue what your batteries are, and they may be dangerous depending on your wattage used. You may be overstressing them.

I would (if you are in the US) buy properly rate batteries for your needs and also buy them from a reputable seller, known for not rewrapping or counterfeiting batteries.

You can find that information here:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Good luck,

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
@Bubblesoldier

1). Never Charge your batteries while they are in the mod. Can be dangerous. Always use an external battery charger and always have 2 extra batteries so one set is charging while you are using another set.

2). As @stols001 stated the white cord is used for updates only. @Sugar_and_Spice I have read your questions about updating your Aegis. The Aegis is waterproof. The usb plug in on the mod is very tight because of this. Make sure you are seating the plug properly. You can not do this IF a tank is sitting on the mod. Take the tank off and take the batteries out. If you try to update with the batteries in you can burn the batteries up and ruin the mod.

3). Batteries. If your local Vape Shop does not have Golisi Batteries ask them for the brown LG 18650 3.7V batteries. If you have to get the Green Samsung batteries those are okay. Just not a good life span... NEVER NEVER charge the batteries in the unit. This can cause stress on both the batteries and the unit. The only batteries that you should charge in the unit are Enternal batteries like that of the Aegis Mini Kit.

I hope this helps...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
@Bubblesoldier

1). Never Charge your batteries while they are in the mod. Can be dangerous. Always use an external battery charger and always have 2 extra batteries so one set is charging while you are using another set.

2). As @stols001 stated the white cord is used for updates only. @Sugar_and_Spice I have read your questions about updating your Aegis. The Aegis is waterproof. The usb plug in on the mod is very tight because of this. Make sure you are seating the plug properly. You can not do this IF a tank is sitting on the mod. Take the tank off and take the batteries out. If you try to update with the batteries in you can burn the batteries up and ruin the mod.

3). Batteries. If your local Vape Shop does not have Golisi Batteries ask them for the brown LG 18650 3.7V batteries. If you have to get the Green Samsung batteries those are okay. Just not a good life span... NEVER NEVER charge the batteries in the unit. This can cause stress on both the batteries and the unit. The only batteries that you should charge in the unit are Enternal batteries like that of the Aegis Mini Kit.

I hope this helps...
Thanks for your input but I have tried all of that and more. Batteries and tank were all taken out before even trying to connect. If you read my other(last) post you must have seen where I have to almost force the plug in because I think it is out of alignment. When I try to get the pc to recognize the mod, the mod gives the error message of ;Power Low protection. This is when holding down the fire button as per geekvape instructions. If I hold down the + button, my pc will recognize the usb port but not the mod. I finally got it to where the install screen was up but could not get it to see the mod. I think the usb is not functioning correctly. It needs to go back to geekvape

:)

• Optimistic

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Having an external battery charger is a must. It is a big safety thing when working with these types of batteries. Good chargers can run from anywhere around $20.00 and up. I like Xtar VP4 or any of Xtar are good chargers.

Also go here for battery recommendations.

Batteries and Chargers

Just find a posting by Mooch and he has a link to the charts(in his signature) of the batteries he is testing for us. Or you can click the 'B' (stands for blog) and get to the tables. Look under or near his avatar.

• Useful

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Thanks for your input but I have tried all of that and more. Batteries and tank were all taken out before even trying to connect. If you read my other(last) post you must have seen where I have to almost force the plug in because I think it is out of alignment. When I try to get the pc to recognize the mod, the mod gives the error message of ;Power Low protection. This is when holding down the fire button as per geekvape instructions. If I hold down the + button, my pc will recognize the usb port but not the mod. I finally got it to where the install screen was up but could not get it to see the mod. I think the usb is not functioning correctly. It needs to go back to geekvape

Most Vape shops have a 14 day return policy. Then again you can contact Geekvape customer support here: service@geekvapeusa.com . Their customer service is the Bomb.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Most Vape shops have a 14 day return policy. Then again you can contact Geekvape customer support here: service@geekvapeusa.com . Their customer service is the Bomb.
Thank you for the link. Actually I sent the exact same email to the link you provided and to the vendor I bought it from. We will see what happens. I did purchase the mod on 11/14 and it took a few days to arrive and with turkey day and all I just got around to even opening the package. So I hope if one doesn't cover it the other will.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
@Bubblesoldier
@Sugar_and_Spice

Sorry for the problem.
Have you tried the batteries in other mods? Please make sure the batteries work well first.
We may also recommend you to update the firmware of the mod. Please watch the tutorial video and make sure you update it in the right way:
If you guys have contacted our support team, please be patient and they will get you back as soon as possible. We are always there to help you and support our products. If you have any problem, feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread