Aegis legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would like to answer because it's good.

But honestly, there are some popular things that are not very good.

The Spice Girls springs to mind. Um, many others but you get my drift.

It's popular because it is good and it actually is good. To be fair, I'm going to get an ages though of some variety of another. Mine never leaves the house because even MY purse can't handle it and I have conveniently placed a black hole in my purse so it can handle a lot more than you THINK.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Geekvape is a reputable manufacturer, who I believe, actually listens to their customers about the pro's and con's of their vape products in order to improve their products. Their products are of high quality at an affordable price point, in my opinion.

The Aegis line of mods from Geekvape are designed to be shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof. So it is extremely unlikely that should you drop your mod on tile flooring or a concrete surface, that it will break. It is extremely unlikely should you accidentally drop your mod into the swimming pool, that the electronics will fry. It's an ideal mod to use if you are in construction around dust or dirt, working on a scaffold, etc, etc. You get my drift.

There are currently three models in the Aegis lineup. The Aegis Mini with a 2200 mAh internal battery, the Aegis Solo that takes a single removeable 18650 battery, and the Aegis Legend which takes two 18650 batteries.

I've had the Aegis Legend, Aegis Mini, and the Aegis Solo. I felt the Legend was too large, bulky, and heavy for my own tastes, so I gave it to my son. I still use both the Mini and Solo. Here's my review:
Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

The original Aegis 100W

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Ever had a HOLY THUNDER! moment when your mod slipped out of your hand and smashed on the concrete? The Aegis bounces back into your hand with barely a scuff and keeps working just fine. Other mods, not so much.

See my review. Geekvape Aegis Legend

70olds

May 10, 2019
Northern Virginia
Hello,
I found the Aegis Legend by accident at a vape shop. I was asking for a dual 18650 mod to last longer, and to handle dirt and dust. Aegis Legend 200w dual battery mod which is rugged and durable. The limited edition mods use Magnesium Alloy and as a kit, comes with a Alpha Tank, and are lighter than the regular. If it gets dirty, take the tank off and wash it.

OK, I now own 3 :)
Aegis Legend Green w/ Aero Tank
Aegis Legend Limited colorshift green w/ Alpha Tank
Aegis Legend Limited midnight blue w/ Alpha Tank

The whole Aegis line is rugged, durable.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've had the Aegis 100W for a couple of years. I use it around the house, but never take it with when I'm out. It's a really well built and designed mod, but a little overkill for my 10W MTL vaping style. That said, I'm now looking at the the Aegis Solo for a smaller size.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I've had the Aegis 100W for a couple of years. I use it around the house, but never take it with when I'm out. It's a really well built and designed mod, but a little overkill for my 10W MTL vaping style. That said, I'm now looking at the the Aegis Solo for a smaller size.

I use the Aegis mini for my mtl setups, which I vape at about the same wattage as you. I get just short of two days off a charge. Giant Vapes has them for $42.99 and have a 20% sale along with their free shipping. It comes out to a little over $34... The only downside is it can be a little wobbly on a flat surface/

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I stopped using mine for same reason Dave P. I vaped at 12 watts with a 22mm Zenith tank.
It sat on my coffee table for an evening snack of a tastey grape vape after work. I finally charged it 3 months after I got it because the hohmlife battery had reached 75% charge left. I parked it when I discovered a pod system I now use.

My brother sent me a photo of his Legend after he accidently drove over it with a big ole forklift. Only casualty he said was the drip tip, which also speaks well of his Falcon tank.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I have an Aegis Legend, an Aegis 100W, an Aegis mini and an Aegis Solo. They are all good mods. The are good for wattage mode vaping and are all rugged so good to tote around with you. Heavy but I don't mind that. The TC mode on them sort of works ok. I wouldn't use one for TC regularly though. Go with a DNA mod for TC if you are into it, works better for TC.

I like them and regularly use them. There are a few draw backs but nothing major. The Aegis 200W for me drains batteries faster than other mods I have.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like them and regularly use them. There are a few draw backs but nothing major. The Aegis 200W for me drains batteries faster than other mods I have.

You need to do the update, you are probably with the original firmware which DOES drain the battery like a sieve. It was so bad, that the folks on the legend thread finally talked me into my first update. It probably tripled battery life. Go to thread for instructions I got it done my first try. LOL.

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I upgraded mine over a year ago when I got it. I probably need to check for more recent upgrades. Battery life is fine, but I like to keep F/W updated. Mine's the original 100W model that takes an 18650 with the sleeve or a 26650 without.

It's a really good mod with a great hand feel, but it reminds me of a coffee table lighter. :)

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
You can put a Falcon King tank on it!:)
Well played. I actually have a Falcon King on mine that I use for when I go golfing. I put it in the cup holder and it gets beat around pretty bad for 4 hours, never have an issue. I used to take one of my older SMOK mods but it kept shutting off then ultimately bit the dust. The only thing I dislike about the Legend is the weight but it's a valid trade off for a mod that takes a beating and is 18650x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread