Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today’s review will be all about the Aegis Max. I received a sample kit, thank you @Geekvape_Official for this, that also includes the Zeus SubOhm tank. I’ve already done a review on the Zeus SubOhm tank earlier on this forum, see link: ZEUS SUBOHM BY GEEKVAPE - SP013 REVIEW - quick summary, a great Top airflow drop-in coil tank that delivers proper flavor and has long lasting coils.

In this review I will be focusing on the Aegis Max, let’s first get into some specs from the Geekvape website so that you can get to know this mod a bit better;

What I got in the (sample) box:

- 1 * Aegis Max Mod
- 1 * USB Cable
- 1 * User manual
- 1 * Spare parts pack
- 1 * 18650 battery adapter
- 1 * Battery door assist tool
- 1 * Zeus Tank ( Pre-installed: Z2 Coil 0.2Ω, 70~80W, 5ml )
- 1 * Coil tool
- 1 * Spare glass tube ( 3.5ml )
- 1 * Z1 Coil 0.4Ω, 60~70W

First impressions out of the box is that it’s a larger Solo. Size wise it would fall in the category ‘between single and dual’. I really like the looks of this mod, the carved in elements look nice and also provide some additional grip. Black just fits perfectly But there is more silicon than I am used to from an Aegis, which is great for grip, but it attracts dust like crazy, but you can always wash it off under the tap

The Mod is not the lightest, but in trade for that you get an IP67 mod that will last you long, it really feels strong like we are used to from Aegis. Size wise it is very similar to the first Aegis, the Aegis 100W. The Max is a bit taller, but also a bit narrower. To me the Max feels much better than the Aegis 100W, which was a nice mod, but felt a bit cheap.

Screen just as on all other Aegis products is nice and bright, all details you need to know are displayed.

You can put a tank on here I think somewhere around up to 34mm without overhang, that’s a lot of space, and might come in handy.

Not a fan of the fire-button, on the other Aegis mods the fire-button to me is much better. On the Max it just does not stick out as much as on the other mods, and it also has a different shape. Of course I can comfortably vape, but would have liked to see an Aegis X or Legend style fire-button.

Another thing I sometimes struggle with is the battery door, just like on the Aegis 100W it is really hard to screw on or unscrew, that is probably due to the larger battery door meaning more O-ring seal. Geekvape does deliver a rod to help in opening it up, but when I am outside or on the road I don’t really feel like taking additional tools apart from spare batteries. It is not impossible to open, but your fingers need some strength and patience.

I thought I will open the USB-port to see how it looks like charging, and I regret I did. It took my 2 days to finally get the rubber plug back into place after using a screwdriver to push it back in properly. It was so annoying to see the rubber plug not being inserted all the way for days. Maybe its just me and I had no idea how to put it back, but I am happy it is back in and I will not open it any more.

Probably the biggest reason why people would buy this mod is because of the 18650/21700 compatibility, and I would agree. The 18650 adapter is a nice one, not some kind of rubber ring you put around the middle of your battery, but a proper sleeve. A 21700 battery just lasts longer and performs better. I have been using the Molicel P42A on this mod and its just great to be able to vape up to 90 watts without worrying to stress-out the battery, something I do have with 18650, I never go above 60 watts with those. Also 21700 batteries just have more capacity, 4200 mAh on the Molicel for example, will get you a proper amount of puffs on high wattage.

Menu and functionality wise it is exactly the same as on the Solo and Mini. It has most functions that vapers need, and it performs very well. Navigating through the menu’s is simple and user friendly. It offers VW, VPC, TC, TCR and Bypass which for me is more than sufficient, I mainly vape VW and from time to time TC.

I have a feeling the Max fires up quicker than the Solo, Mini and Aegis 100W, it really reacts very quick.

Some quick pics from the Zeus SubOhm that came in this kit:

Conclusion:

A properly built mod (like any Aegis) that feels nice in the hands and is robust. The 21700 compatibility is the biggest winner of this device. Wished the battery door was a bit easier to screw on/off and the fire-button should have been more Legend/Aegis X style.

As mentioned on my earlier review, the Zeus SubOhm is a proper drop-in mesh tank that delivers good flavor and performance.

This kit/mod is for those that want something that can perform on high wattage levels but is not as big as a dual-battery mod. If you are more into MTL I personally suggest to go with the Solo or Mini.

Pro’s:

- Battery compatibility 18650/21700
- It’s an Aegis, IP67 certified (water-, dust-, and shockproof)
- Feels good in the hands
- Fires up pretty much instantly
- Can take up to a +- 34mm tank with no overhang
- Menu’s and options are easy to navigate and user friendly
- Zeus SubOhm is a nice tank for this kit (see earlier review)

Con’s:

- Battery door is heavy to screw/unscrew
- Fire-button not my style
- USB seal hard to put back

Thank you all for reading, check out Geekvapes facebook for the latest news and releases; Log In or Sign Up to View

Have a good day, stay safe, and vape on.

SP013

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread