The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aegis Mini with External Battery

Discussion in 'Geekvape' started by Geekvape_Official, Mar 14, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smiddlet68

smiddlet68 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looks Good But I think they missed the boat by not Configuring it to use 21700. Just my :2c:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NolaMel

NolaMel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    How is it 128mm high??? Are they including the tank in that? Aegis 100 is 88 mm, mini is 78. That’s more than 1 1/2” taller than the 100. Unless my “mathing” is off.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F-machine

F-machine Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    • Like Like x 2
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I agree, but it May have been a question of tooling. They already make the mini, which apparently already may use an 18650 in it. If so, they wouldn’t have to do a complete redesign to get it out the door. If the mini and the new device share enough parts and engineering it could have been a no-brainer on cost alone.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    But , then why the huge height difference? The 100w will fit up to 21700 and is only 88mm in height. The reason the minis get more use than my 100s is the smaller size.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    I suspect those dimensions include the tank. The tank is ~43mm tall, so minus that from 128mm and you are slightly taller than the original Aegis Mini

But good eye…I wouldn’t have picked up on that

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    That’s what I’m hoping. 128 PLUS a tank isn’t too pocket friendly. Size does matter :lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The ageis 100 was designed for the 26650 battery. As a sort of bonus you could also put 18650s in it with an adaptor. The 2x700 adaptor comes in the form of an extended bottom cap that actually makes the device longer.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    You saw an automated website taking pre-orders. Whether those orders will ever be filled is a different question. This is reason 1 that I personally don’t mess with pre-orders.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    The 26650 cap is thicker than the 2x700. Both caps sit flush with the bottom of the device.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    By the time I went back the next day to look again, the product was no longer on the site. The link that the geekvape official gave on the other thread was no good either.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have two, both with the additional/optional battery cap. It’s not longer on the outside (at least neither of mine are), you just lost the ring to unscrew the cap. Have to use a coin for 21700. Mine came with it as a kit, so I don’t know what the ones bought separately look like.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    They look and are the same between the ones you get in the kits and the ones you buy separately. I've got both.

• Like Like x 2
  15. tdman77

tdman77 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2019
    ChiTown USA
    @bombastinator Do you own a Aegis 100W? It seems that you have alot of bad info on this mod. First was the battery venting, which is on the top of the mod and is also the firmware update plug and now the 2X700 battery door which you say sticks out the bottom but doesn't extend the bottom of the mod.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ?! Interesting. I bought one for my aegis 100 and tried it on the device, and it seemed to stick out a good bit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NolaMel

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    It takes a forever of turning to get it all the way tight. Maybe the cap threads have a bit of machining on them?

• Like Like x 1
  18. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Hmm.. maybe they’re different. I’ll have to dig it out and take a photo

• Like Like x 1
  19. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    You can see how the 2x700 (bottom) has a deeper cavity to allow for the extra length cell. The battery contact for the 26650 (top) actually protrudes beyond the top of the cap.

Aegis Bat Cap.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  20. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I do. I bought it when it was still expensive and new so it’s a bit old now. It’s possible that my version uses the thing differently. It’s also possible that since I never had a 2x700 to put in it and tried the cap I got from the geekvape website separately that it fit differently when empty. It’s also not impossible that my memory is faulty and I’m flat out wrong. I remember knurled edges around the outside of mine. When I get home later to fight I’ll dig the thing out and eat whatever crow may be required.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1