Aegis mini won’t charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Mason

Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I’m fairly new to vaping about 6months now I have the aegis mini and it has stopped charging the batter icon comes on going up but then I take it off charge and it’s still dead I’ve tried different wires and plugs but still the same so I bought a new one a week ago and the same thing has happend to me, is it something I’m doing wrong? Is it a setting I’ve done by mistake? Is there a way of doing a factory reset? If anyone can help I would be so grateful many thanks aaron

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Aaron and welcome,
If the new one is also having a problem, you may want to contact your vendor.
If you have a local vape shop, they may be of use in resolving the issue.

Does the plug and cable combination charge your mobile phone or tablet properly?
Are you using an Apple charger?

Are you using the tank that came with the kit? (Cerberus tank)

Cheers
I

• Useful

Weaslvapr

Jan 27, 2020
Eugene, OR
Welcome to ECF Aaron. I do not have an Aegis Mini but I would probably make sure I am using a adaptor that plugs into the wall as opposed to a PC. I found a previous thread here in ECF started by "Muzzaman1" who had the same issue. It turned out to be a bad usb lead. You did not mention whether your charging setup works for your cell phone or other USB devices. That's where I would start. USB cables go wacky a lot, you may even have 2 bad ones. Good luck :)

Aaron Mason

Jan 29, 2020
Thank you all for your replies I’ve tried lots of usb wires now, I do use an apple charger Is that a problem? The wires work with everything else I use them on, there are loads of settings could I have done something with those? There is bypass and the other things which I no nothing about yes Iam using the tank it cane with

• Optimistic

Aaron Mason

Jan 29, 2020
Hi Aaron and welcome,
If the new one is also having a problem, you may want to contact your vendor.
If you have a local vape shop, they may be of use in resolving the issue.

Does the plug and cable combination charge your mobile phone or tablet properly?
Are you using an Apple charger?

Are you using the tank that came with the kit? (Cerberus tank)

Cheers
I
Thank you all for your replies I’ve tried lots of usb wires now, I do use an apple charger Is that a problem? The wires work with everything else I use them on, there are loads of settings could I have done something with those? There is bypass and the other things which I no nothing about yes Iam using the tank it cane with

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Rest assured the tank has nothing to do with charging, neither do settings.
I own the Aegis legend which is in the same family (obviously), i had to use the DEFAULT cable that came in the box as the charging port was too deep to use any other cable.

If the new one doesen't charge though, could be your vendor got a bunch of lemons and you're the one who bought them. I'd contact them asap if i were you they might be able to help getting that thing replaced.

NB: keep using the iphone charger, NEVER EVER use fast chargers as they can harm batteries or worst if you're not careful.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I’m fairly new to vaping about 6months now I have the aegis mini and it has stopped charging the batter icon comes on going up but then I take it off charge and it’s still dead I’ve tried different wires and plugs but still the same so I bought a new one a week ago and the same thing has happend to me, is it something I’m doing wrong? Is it a setting I’ve done by mistake? Is there a way of doing a factory reset? If anyone can help I would be so grateful many thanks aaron
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to re ask your question in:
Geekvape
Can you vape with it using the "passthrough capable" function (vape even while plugged in)? If so, it may indicate a defective or used up/end of life battery failure. End of life generally occurs after you have exceeded the intended/maximum/designed-in allowable number of charging cycles.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd contact the vendor for replacement/warranty if none of the above works. I kind of agree it's possible you are getting two lemony mods from the same vendor.

Sigh, it is also possible but unfortunate you are doing some small "wrong" thing (and yes, use the cord it came with I guess, although I have not ever had this issue with different power cords but I guess it can't hurt.

Vape shop may be useful, if they can't help warranty them.

Best of luck

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
You said the battery indicator comes on when you are charging. Does the indicator go all the way to fully charged?

You said it's dead. Could you clarify what you mean. Does the screen come on when you fire it or put a tank on it?

If you put it back on charge does it still show fully charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread