Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

It’s me once again with another review, this time with the just released Aegis Pod. Thank you @Geekvape_Official for providing me with this cut for this review.

This is the first Aegis without a screen and without variable wattage. Also this little pod has the same IP67 protections, waterproof, shockproof and dustproof.

Some specs/features from the Geekvape website:

Some parameters from the manual:

· Power range: Constant power output MAX18W
· Resistance range 0.4ohm-3ohm
· LED Light: Green, blue, red
· Battery capacity: 800mAh
· Charger specification: Type-C 5V/1.5A
· Low voltage protection: 3.2V+-0.1V
· High temperature protection: 80c
· Longest vaping time: 10s
· Maximum output voltage: 4.2V
· Lower power standby: Quiescent current <25uA
· Battery indiciator: Green light 70-100%, red light 0-69% (NOT SURE WHY BLUE IS NOT MENTIONED?)
· Quick vaping function: vaping delay <15ms
· E-liquid capacity: 3.5ml
· Dimension: 88.1*40.3*18mm
· Shell material: Plastic + silicone + leather + zinc alloy

In the box:

1*Aegis Pod
2* G.Coil Mesh-tech Pod formula (0.6ohm)
1* USB type C cable
1* Coil removal tool
1* User manual

Packaging wise it is similar as all the latest Aegis releasees, nicely packed and presented well when opening. But I was never this surprised opening an Aegis product. On the box the pod looks entirely different than the pod inside, curious why Geekvape did that or if its a mistake.

But oh what a beauty of a pod I saw when the box opened. Till now the most premium looking and feeling pod I have had in my hands. The shape of the device is extremely ergonomic and the materials used are of high class, just like other Aegis products. The gunmetal frame is made out of zinc alloy, the sides with the Geek vape and Aegis writing are silicon and the center is made out of beautifully stitched leather. Frame is also very scratch resistant, and no fingerprints are visible on the device.

It is not a small pod, it is not very thick, but very wide compared to other pods. It will easily fit in your pockets, its not large or so. It has a nice weight to it, not light but also not heavy, about 63g without pod and 74g with pod.

Fire button is well positioned and not sticking out too much. The LED light on the button is bright and changes colors depending on the battery capacity (green; 70-100%, blue: 20-70%, red: under 20%). This is a good function, always know when to charge.

That is actually next to firing the device the only function it has. If its about missing functions; this pod would have been perfect with draw activation! Pity they did not add that functionality.

Standard 5 clicks on/off. USB type C is a pro, this helps bump up the charging speed a lot. The device charges from 0 to 100 in just 30 minutes, love that. Battery holds up almost a whole day when using as my only device, not bad for 800mAh.

Shape of the pod just fits the design of the device very well. It is a comfortable mouth piece for both MTL as DTL. Liquid is easily visible through the pod (big pro for me).

It holds into place with a click system, no magnets. Its easy to place the pod, but to me it feels a bit weird to remove it, always worried I break it.

On the bottom of the pod is an easily accessible rubber plug which covers a large enough fill port to have no trouble filling it. The 3.5ml capacity is more than enough for the type of small coil, no need to refill very frequently. Also like that the pod is transparent enough to easily see the liquid level.

Plug type coils are used and are pushed into the bottom, personally I am not a fan of plug systems due to leaking issues, but Geekvape did something very smart with this one; the airflow is build inside the pod which means the whole coil is inside the pod and no airflow gaps are hanging under the pod which prevents leaking.

Airflow is not adjustable, it would be so much better if a tiny airflow lever was added inside the pod (there seems there is space for it), or that connecting the pod onto the device in the other direction would have a different airflow. There is airflow coming in from one side of the pod, passing through the pod onto the coil. The airflow can be seen as a restricted DTL or very loose MTL, I like using this pod for as well DTL as MTL. Pity that there is no airflow adjustment to get a tighter MTL vape.

Now the most important question; how does it vape?
It vapes very well, a nice restricted DTL hit with lots of flavor. Even though I am not a fan of loose MTL hits it is pretty good on this pod, also very flavorful. Still I don't honestly know if Geekvape intended this to be a MTL or DTL coil. Ramp up time is fast which increases the enjoyment of vaping this pod. It vapes very similar to the boost 0.6ohm coil, but the Aegis Pod provides better flavor in my opinion.

Downside is that at this moment there is only one coil available (0.6ohm mesh). Would like to see some nice MTL coil with a tighter MTL draw. Also, a lower resistance (0.4 or 0.5ohm) coil would be nice to see. Don't expect large clouds from this pod as you won't get them, this pod is really intended to take with you when you leave home and have a vape on.

I’ve been using 60vg and 70vg juices and the coils had no issues keeping up with chain vaping, no dry or burned hits experienced so far.

Conclusion:

A great pod with a premium feel and looks, I would suggest Geekvape investing in more coils with tighter and more open airflow and maybe even an additional pod for MTL with very limited airflow. Releasing an additional pod that has airflow adjustment would also be a solution.

I just love holding this pod in my hands and there is really not much I do not like apart from the lack of coil options and airflow, but these things can be solved, please Geekvape do so. Some people might like the draw on it in the current setup.

Pro’s:

- Looks and feel incredibly nice
- Premium materials in a small pod
- IP67 certified, shock proof, water proof
- Responsive and nice fire button
- USB type C, charging is really fast.
- No leaking issues
- Flavor wise its good
- Comfortable mouthpiece that also gives the device a nice finish

Con’s:

- Lack of coil options
- With current coil the airflow is too much in between MTL and RDL
- Missing airflow adjustment
- Missing draw-activation, would be perfect for this pod.

Thank you for reading Have a good day.
Want to keep up to date on Geekvape releases and news? Like their facebook page > GeekVape
SP013

Reactions: bigbob2322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread