The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aegis Solo Battery Cover Issue

Discussion in 'Geekvape' started by LaurieStr, Sep 22, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LaurieStr

LaurieStr Full Member

May 21, 2019
    United States
    I’ve had this wonderful GeekVape Aegis Solo for just over 3 months now. I’ve been very happy with it but the screw-in battery cover is not working correctly now. It does not want to screw in and is prone to popping off. I’m not able to purchase another new mod right now. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Ask the GeekVape rep. Geekvape_Official

Duh... didn't notice the forum you were in. You already did that. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Wow. You messed up 1/8th inch stainless steel threads. That requires both special talent and special strength. Here’s a video on how not to do that. The concept of screw threads is something likely to come up again in your life so it may be worth watching regardless.

As to fixing a stainless steel crossed thread of that size you’re kinda SOL I suspect. The standard move is to rethread, but the tool is going to cost more than a new device. Perhaps someone here has a clever solution.

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. LaurieStr

LaurieStr Full Member

May 21, 2019
    United States
    Wow! Was it really necessary to be so rude and condescending? Everyone else in this forum is kind and helpful. You could have just ignored my question and moved on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. *RJ*

*RJ* Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What kind of battery are you using? Is it a flat top or button top? I believe they require a flat top. I’m just thinking maybe the battery is preventing it from closing correctly. I sometimes have trouble aligning mine to make it screw in correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LaurieStr

LaurieStr Full Member

May 21, 2019
    United States
    It worked fine before. It just suddenly started doing this. It turns and turns without ever tightening. The “button” is flush with the body of the battery. Here is a pic of my battery though just in case.

Attached Files:

7. *RJ*

*RJ* Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    It looks like a flat top so that’s good. I have to fiddle with mine sometimes to make it catch and start screwing in. Hopefully geek vape will see this. I just bought five of these and I’m curious to see what they say. Maybe align the cap several different ways to see if you can screw it in...which I’m sure you already have tried.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    You have a point. I was in a particularly foul mood. I apologize. Still, it does sound like a crossthread. They’re hard to solve.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LaurieStr

LaurieStr Full Member

May 21, 2019
    United States
    Thank you.

10. phill_nz

phill_nz Senior Member

Dec 1, 2018
    pics of the threads and how it seats would be helpful to see if the problem is fixable

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    South GA
    If all else fails, I would put duct tape on it to hold it in place. Hopefully Geekvape will have an answer.

12. phill_nz

phill_nz Senior Member

Dec 1, 2018
    try taking off the rubber o ring
    it may be a problem and it may give you just enough thread to hold it

13. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It might not help now, but a good practice when screwing a cap in is to apply gentle pressure and turn it counter-clockwise, until you feel the cap drop slightly. That gets the threads in the right position to actually start turning it clockwise, avoids cross-threading.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    If the threads are messed up it could be either the male threads on the cap or the female threads on the mod. If it's just the cap then a new cap might be the answer. But it could be the mod threads, or both. In that case there probably isn't a good answer.

You might be able to tell which it is just by looking at the threads, A magnifying glass would help. See if the cap threads are damaged. Harder to see the threads on the mod. You should be able to see what's up though, it would take major damage to the threads for it to spin freely.

Take the o-ring off the cap and take the battery out and see if it threads in at all.

I guess it's also possible that the body of the mod is cracked allowing the hole to widen up.

15. the wind

the wind Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    i just looked at mine and your suggestion is valid,if the op has not filed all the threads off the plug.(by improper screwing)

16. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    1. Ask geekvape for replacement parts, they have a representative here, @Geekvape_Official ..

2. may be the oring? have you checked battery cap if it have the white bold oring there?

if you did screwed wonky, the treads will suffer... take that in consideration as well,

17. LaurieStr

LaurieStr Full Member

May 21, 2019
    United States
    I tried a new cap and it didn’t screw in either. I may have been over tightening it. I’ve ordered a new mod with a hinged battery door. Live and learn. I will certainly be more careful in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
  19. phill_nz

phill_nz Senior Member

Dec 1, 2018
    did you try it without the o ring
    it may grab any unstripped threads deeper down

20. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    They like most of the other companies here apparently have no interest in customer service through this forum. They are happy to use it for advertising but look through this part of the forum for threads where people have issue's. No one at Geekvape even responds. Hate to beat up on GV because as I stated alot of other companies here do the same thing. You would have more luck asking Santa Claus for help......