Aegis Solo Battery Cover Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
They like most of the other companies here apparently have no interest in customer service through this forum. They are happy to use it for advertising but look through this part of the forum for threads where people have issue's. No one at Geekvape even responds. Hate to beat up on GV because as I stated alot of other companies here do the same thing. You would have more luck asking Santa Claus for help......
well, im not an older member, have used the PM with some brands and Geekvape is one of the best regarding care, they also started sending me stuff for review, also have helped me with some spare parts such as positive pins, atty decks, and several other replacement parts, cannot give bad feedback on that.

also their customer service via email is amazing, right now im in line for a replacement.

Regards,

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I'm afraid asking Santa is out the window.

th

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
well, im not an older member, have used the PM with some brands and Geekvape is one of the best regarding care, they also started sending me stuff for review, also have helped me with some spare parts such as positive pins, atty decks, and several other replacement parts, cannot give bad feedback on that.

also their customer service via email is amazing, right now im in line for a replacement.

Regards,
Great! Maybe you could get me a few topcap orings for my Zeus!;)

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Thank you for your feedback and patience, we apologize for your inconvenience, To enhance our professional handling after-sales efficiency, here our professional team email, please feel free to send video and issues to there, april@geekvape.com We will reply you within 1-3 working days, thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Catalin Gurita

Sep 2, 2020
Hello. I signed up to this forum just to write this.
Me and my wife both purchased this mod a few months ago.It worked as intended and until recently we were both happy with it.
About a week ago , the battery cap started randomly popping out on my device. I use it more extensively than my wife does.After a quick check, i realized that the problem was not the cap itself, but rather the spring INSIDE the device which was loosened up and pushed the battery too far outside thus making the cap impossible to screw. After i removed the rubber thing on the cap, it worked for a fee more daysBut with applying huge force to fasten it.Now it just wont screw no matter how hard i try (Actually my thumb is sore as i write this).I bet that that is the actual problem of the OP. I proceeded comparing my device with my wife’s and found that i was right. So, this device lasted a month or so more than all my other devices so far. But people, manufacturers, for the love of GOD! Is anyone testing this crap before you put it out there and advertise it as INDESTRUCTIBLE ? A waste of design and talent for such a trivial problem as the battery spring.Needles to say i tried with another cap and tried just about anything imaginable.Simply put, no solution can overcome crap design.So, GeekVape, before worrying about people who wanna scuba dive with their device on them and other SF crap that no one actually does or cares about, how about investing your money and energy into a damn thing that actually stays in one piece huh? How bout that for a suggestion?
Needless to say i now need to research and find the next ‘wow’ advertised piece of crap that falls to pieces yet in a few months. Good luck to me. Cheers

Reactions: PeterKay

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This is the first I’ve heard of anything like that happening. I’ve been using solos ever since they were first released without any issues. I doubt that people like me would continue to buy multiples of the solo if there were consistent problems. That being said, I don’t care how good the manufacturer is, everyone has failures. I work in a warranty repair shop and even the best manufacturers get faulty parts from suppliers sometimes. You should send geekvape support an email and get them replaced.

GeeBee

Jan 4, 2021
    I’ve had this wonderful GeekVape Aegis Solo for just over 3 months now. I’ve been very happy with it but the screw-in battery cover is not working correctly now. It does not want to screw in and is prone to popping off. I’m not able to purchase another new mod right now. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    I expect you've sorted this by now, but I found this thread as my boyfriend had exactly the same issue with the Aegis, and we (I) found a solution! A temporary fix is plumbers tape, wrap it around the threads on the cap and it will thread again.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Wow. You messed up 1/8th inch stainless steel threads. That requires both special talent and special strength. Here’s a video on how not to do that. The concept of screw threads is something likely to come up again in your life so it may be worth watching regardless.

As to fixing a stainless steel crossed thread of that size you’re kinda SOL I suspect. The standard move is to rethread, but the tool is going to cost more than a new device. Perhaps someone here has a clever solution.

Wow, zombie thread...
    I knew someone who cross threaded the fill port on a cappuccino machine, so it can be done,vbut this sounds like something else. Hope it gets sorted.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    This is the first I’ve heard of anything like that happening. I’ve been using solos ever since they were first released without any issues. I doubt that people like me would continue to buy multiples of the solo if there were consistent problems. That being said, I don’t care how good the manufacturer is, everyone has failures. I work in a warranty repair shop and even the best manufacturers get faulty parts from suppliers sometimes. You should send geekvape support an email and get them replaced.
    Same problem with my geekvape aegis max. After 3 months. The cap pops when pulled now, and I imagine it's only gonna get worse over time. Loads of fine powdered metal on the threads, and the threads weren't smooth since day 1. I used a drop of vg on it but still, dust/vg mixture covers the threads completely. I might have been overtightening it, true. It's not easy to get the cap to screw on perfectly, and when I'm at work and change the battery, I don't have time to mess around with the battery cap for long. For a mod advertised as indestructable, the quality and the size of the threading should be higher and more robust.

Reactions: hittman

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    it's not a problem of the o-ring or the battery, i tried without both, same outcome. Will try the plumbers tape as someone mentioned earlier. Definitely a bad design.
    I had that mod for 3 months. Used another mod for about 2 weeks during that time, so effectively I only used it for 10 weeks. I change battery 2 times a day, so I reckon I unscrewed it and screwed it on again like 140 times.
    A stupid stanley knife with a screw, I had for just over 3 years until I stripped the threading in the body. 5 days a week at work, 3-4 times a day i'd open it up to swap the blade and screw back on with an impact driver/drill/screwdriver. No messing around. If a simple tool worth 10$ has threading that lasted 3 years of battering then the threading on a mod supposed to last could certainly be made much better.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    it's not a problem of the o-ring or the battery, i tried without both, same outcome. Will try the plumbers tape as someone mentioned earlier. Definitely a bad design.
    I had that mod for 3 months. Used another mod for about 2 weeks during that time, so effectively I only used it for 10 weeks. I change battery 2 times a day, so I reckon I unscrewed it and screwed it on again like 140 times.
    A stupid stanley knife with a screw, I had for just over 3 years until I stripped the threading in the body. 5 days a week at work, 3-4 times a day i'd open it up to swap the blade and screw back on with an impact driver/drill/screwdriver. No messing around. If a simple tool worth 10$ has threading that lasted 3 years of battering then the threading on a mod supposed to last could certainly be made much better.

Have you tried contacting geekvape support? Maybe they’ll replace the mod for you with such little use on it. They should anyway.

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Have you tried contacting geekvape support? Maybe they’ll replace the mod for you with such little use on it. They should anyway.
    I haven't just yet, the problems with the popping cap literally started yesterday. Found that thread today as I was curious if other people experienced similar issues

MorphNorth

Mar 11, 2021
    Wow. You messed up 1/8th inch stainless steel threads. That requires both special talent and special strength. Here’s a video on how not to do that. The concept of screw threads is something likely to come up again in your life so it may be worth watching regardless.

As to fixing a stainless steel crossed thread of that size you’re kinda SOL I suspect. The standard move is to rethread, but the tool is going to cost more than a new device. Perhaps someone here has a clever solution.

Also, this isn’t quite fair or necessarily true, as the thread is most likely fine. I’ve had the Aegis Max for less than a week and have the same problem. Obviously under warranty but turns out this is a common problem for this model because of the o-ring…

try taking off the rubber o ring
    it may be a problem and it may give you just enough thread to hold it

This was what I was recommended and has fixed the problem. The o-ring on the battery cap is too thick and causes the thread to spin off. Removing that not only allows the cap to fit, but is the only way I can get the door closed beyond the rubber base so that it can stand up without the door being in contact with the surface. The o-ring doesn’t really add anything either so better without.

• Agree
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread