Aegis Solo or Aegis Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Personally, I prefer the Solo because I can choose which 18650 battery I use in it, and can switch out batteries as I need to.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

The Mini is a great option for those vapers who might be fearful of removeable batteries or not have a knowledge about them. It also cuts down on the initial cost to begin vaping on a budget by not needing to buy multiple removeable batteries in addition to a charger for them.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Don't have either, yet, although the solo is on my short list of mods to try, if I get there before any embargo is introduced... Ugh.

Although a I'd prefer a 21700, I'll happily try a well built 18650 mod. Or a well designed squonk. Sigh.

But to answer your question, I wouldn't spend more than 20$ on any mod with an internal battery.
ETA: unless it came with an unlimited lifetime battery replacement plan.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've got both and performance wise they are equally good. They are my favorite mods now. The Mini does charge really fast but it doesn't run for all that long even at my low power level. I would be nervous going out all day with just the Mini. Not a problem for using at home though.

One thing worries me a little about the Solo. I have 3 and on one of them it takes quite a lot of force to open and close the battery cap. It's getting a bit looser with time. But I do worry about the turning handle breaking although I never heard of it happening. Do you sell replacements?

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
I've got both and performance wise they are equally good. They are my favorite mods now. The Mini does charge really fast but it doesn't run for all that long even at my low power level. I would be nervous going out all day with just the Mini. Not a problem for using at home though.

One thing worries me a little about the Solo. I have 3 and on one of them it takes quite a lot of force to open and close the battery cap. It's getting a bit looser with time. But I do worry about the turning handle breaking although I never heard of it happening. Do you sell replacements?

You can buy the spare part on our online store: Geek Vape Online Store-Best Mods, RTA, RDTA, RDA Geek Vape Online Store or contact support@geekvape.com.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I dropped my Solo on the lawn and found it a week later when I was mowing. It was in a slight depression and I mowed right over it. It went through 2 days of major rain and quite a few days of temps in the 90's. Pressed the button and it fired right up.

I was so mad when I lost it that I ordered two more, I have three now.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have multiples of both the mini and solo. They are my favorite mods. I like the size of the mini a little better but like the versatility of the solo. I also like the charge port on the side of the solo better than the bottom port of the mini.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have neither. I was given the impression that they are functionally very close to identical.

The solo has a removable battery and as a result is theoretically capable of lasting past the lifespan of its batteries but is also larger than the mini.

The mini is smaller and is more likely to comply with one possible projected version of future FDA regulation (there are several theories running atm) but because it is powered by a bag LiPo when the battery dies it dies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    21700 21700 < dual 21700's

@Geekvape_Official does GV have a vape mat available for purchase?
    I'd like to swap my old SC mat for a Geek Vape mat.

Thanks

Nevermind, I found it :) Building Mat Geek Vape Online Store

05_3.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: hittman

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    $28 shipping for 2 build mats and 3 Legend replacement doors.
    That's hilarious. Maybe ebay.
    On second thought my Steam Crave mat works just fine.
    Like Steam Crave's motto - "There can be only one". That applies to build mats with $28 shipping too
    GV also wanted me to pay shipping for a replacement for that red tank base with defective paint.
    Nope. I'll just keep using it and explain if anyone asks me about it when they see it in pictures I post.
    51969840_2344124529151697_158596456293335040_o.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread