Aegis Solo vs heatvape invader mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Aegis Solo for an extremely durable single 18650 mode. A long time ago I had a heatvape invader mini that was near indestructible and I gave it away when I was cloud chasing with triple battery mods. I am looking to go back to a single 18650 mod and was wondering how the Aegis compares to the invader mini in regards to durability? From what i can find, I dont think Heatvape is still alive.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
A lot of us have Solos, and afaik the only issues that have come up have related to the battery cap. Easy to cross thread and damage, if not careful.

I've had a couple in my rotation for a year or so, no problems. I don't use the onboard charging (personal pref, I like to just toss in a fresh one and go), so that cap does get a lot of use.

Yeah, some Heatvape products may still be found, old stock, but the Invader is long gone.

Reactions: Brian Calef

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you want the ability to use a 21700 battery as well as 18650, go for the aegis max over the aegis solo, if you can find one. Regardless, whichever one you get, be very careful with that battery cap. It can strip. Many complaints about that (at least for the Solo). But there are just as many who say their threads are fine, so go figure.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    My guess is that, due to the o-ring to make it water tight, some just crank it down too hard. With some units, if you just snug it up the cap still extends a tad, making it slightly unstable when set down. If not expecting to dump it in a lake, just take the o-ring off. Won't be water proof, but it's on the bottom, so still safe in the rain. We do have rain in the Seattle area... :)

Or use the onboard charging, and the cap will get little use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread