Aegis X With Cerberus Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsOfWars

Feb 8, 2021
Crossville TN
I'm not a sub-ohm user, but suggest starting at 30 watts and increase by 5 watt increments until you find your sweet spot.

Okay will give it a try. Am experimenting with to juices now. One is 24mg and the other is 18mg. Gonna try the 24mg first and then try to get to the 18mg working downward and so on. Thank You

Reactions: Superuser187

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Okay will give it a try. Am experimenting with to juices now. One is 24mg and the other is 18mg. Gonna try the 24mg first and then try to get to the 18mg working downward and so on. Thank You

You may find 24mg subohm may be a bit much, even 18mg. Take it easy. Don't go chain vaping lol. Most people who vape high wattage and low ohms tend to stay under 10mg. Just take it easy.

DogsOfWars

Feb 8, 2021
    Crossville TN
    OK, starting at 30W is good too lol. Point is, start way low then work up. What may be good for one vaper and one juice may not be so good for another vaper and another juice.

Yeah I am gonna see what I can do with 24mg in just one weeks time. Not easy I use to smoke 3 pk a day of Marlboro Reds lol

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You say you smoked 3 packs a day and that is a lot. I used to smoke 2.5 packs a day. However I was notorious for lighting cigarettes and not smoking even half of that cigarette.

I smoked reds and even non filters for a while.

18-24mg is not only going to give you one hell of a buzz at that wattage or even make you nauseous, but it will likely also be very harsh hit.

But all you can do is try. If you find your 24mg or even 18 mg is too high, you can buy 0mg juice and cut it to make a lower mg. Personally, though, I would start lower and increase if needed, like 12mg, rather than start high then go low. Now if you were vaping at 15W or less, then yeah, 18 or 24 mg would maybe be OK for a heavy smoker.

DogsOfWars

Feb 8, 2021
    Crossville TN
    You say you smoked 3 packs a day and that is a lot. I used to smoke 2.5 packs a day. However I was notorious for lighting cigarettes and not smoking even half of that cigarette.

I smoked reds and even non filters for a while.

18-24mg is not only going to give you one hell of a buzz at that wattage or even make you nauseous, but it will likely also be very harsh hit.

But all you can do is try. If you find your 24mg or even 18 mg is too high, you can buy 0mg juice and cut it to make a lower mg. Personally, though, I would start lower and increase if needed, like 12mg, rather than start high then go low. Now if you were vaping at 15W or less, then yeah, 18 or 24 mg would maybe be OK for a heavy smoker.

Well okay Aegis X goes to 15W I am pretty sure so I will try to use the 24mg and 18mg and if that is to much of a throat hit I will switch to 12mg. Yeah I have smoked Marlboro Reds for a very very long time so trying to kick them. With me if I can get the throat hit I can quit smoking before I seriously die. Thank You

Reactions: CloudyFutures

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    As previously mentioned. You will want to cut down that NIC. You have a DL(direct to lung vape) coil, which means you will puff longer and get more vapor then an MTL (mouth to long) vaper. However, if you just switched over, you might not know how or even be doing DL hits. If you are puffing on this vape the same way you do a Marlboro red then you are an MTL Vaper and this NIC plan you suggested is perfectly fine.

If you are really DLing, cut that juice with some 0 NIC juice. A cheaper option would be to pick up VG and PG and make a 50% PG 50% VG solution. Then take that solution and add it to your 24%NIC eJuice. What your essentially doing is called DIY. So this might be helpful : Vegetable Glycerin vs Propylene Glycol | DIY E-Liquid Base - Mega Vaper

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you are really DLing, cut that juice with some 0 NIC juice. A cheaper option would be to pick up VG and PG and make a 50% PG 50% VG solution. Then take that solution and add it to your 24%NIC eJuice. What your essentially doing is called DIY. So this might be helpful : Vegetable Glycerin vs Propylene Glycol | DIY E-Liquid Base - Mega Vaper

By going it that way, you are also diluting the flavor by 50%. Cheaper, probably. But will result in a very weak flavor to the point where it might not even taste the same and could even take on a different flavor profile.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    By going it that way, you are also diluting the flavor by 50%. Cheaper, probably. But will result in a very weak flavor to the point where it might not even taste the same and could even take on a different flavor profile.

Right, Yea, you will also want some flavor extracts if you want to maintain the flavor profile. If you go this route you will have lots of supplies for future but the immediate cost saving for 1 bottle of eliquid wont be there.

Unless you are puffing your vape the same way you would a Hookah. You're an MTL vaper and you need not worry. Also, if you are MTL vaper I suggest looking for Clearomizers Tanks instead of Subohm Tanks.

If you're going to get dirty with the DIY, Flavor can be ordered in many of the same places as PG and VG. Or pick up lorann's oils at your local baking/crafts store. for percentages you should take a look at : Https://e-liquid-recipes .com

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Hello, Could someone tell me what is a good wattage setting to use on this mod for a beginner I am just starting out?? I will be using e liquid 18mg freebase non salt for starters myself, I prefer tobacco flavor am not a fan of fruit flavors myself. I am presently a heavy smoker. Thank You
    I'm not sure your Aegis X / Cerebrus rig is the best way to start off vaping to get off the cigs.
    I know you've just parted with good money for it but if I were you I'd put it aside for now and get a system specifically designed for transitioning from cigs to vape.
    There are many on the market to choose from and are inexpensive. Here is a video showing one guy's opinion of the best pods on the market this last year.

Theses types of devices will work well with your 24mg or 18 mg juices too.

Best of luck.

Reactions: hittman

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    If you're going to get dirty with the DIY, Flavor can be ordered in many of the same places as PG and VG. Or pick up lorann's oils at your local baking/crafts store.
    Not so sure that's the best advice.

Store bought flavorings containing oil should probably not be used for vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread