AEMSA Lawyer talks about possible FDA Regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlk

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Atlanta GA
This video is a Godsend for me personally... I have been waiting for some idea of these regs before getting into the biz. Now I feel more comfortable.. 4 months for people to respond.. then a year before regs go into effect. But the thing that I got loud and clear is it will be a benefit to be in business BEFORE the regs come out... to add some grandfathered protection of sorts. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this video and asking the question of what entrepreneurs should do if thinking of getting into the business.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
sounds good..

I just hope when the time comes we are all prepared not only to respond with one voice but with a big loud group of voices as one.....

Based on the statistics that ECF has about 24,000 active members and CASAA has about 7400 members, I would not hold my breath. I agree with your sentiment, completely, however.

I think everyone of us should be asking our regular suppliers: "What are YOU doing to keep vaping from being severely restricted?" Do they provide information on their web sites or in their shops about CASAA? Are they providing a way for their customers to easily join and donate to CASAA? Are they supporting CASAA (unsolicited, of course)?

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This video is a Godsend for me personally... I have been waiting for some idea of these regs before getting into the biz. Now I feel more comfortable.. 4 months for people to respond.. then a year before regs go into effect. But the thing that I got loud and clear is it will be a benefit to be in business BEFORE the regs come out... to add some grandfathered protection of sorts. Thank you SO MUCH for doing this video and asking the question of what entrepreneurs should do if thinking of getting into the business.
Yeah, let's hope he turns out to be right that the FDA will change the existing grandfathering date.
Because if they stick with the current grandfathering date of 2007 it will be a disaster.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Everything Azim said in that interview I've said many times on ECF.

Just wish Azim (who I've known for 4 years) was as interested in exposing and opposing the disasterous provisions of the deeming reg and other likely e-cig regs as he is in representing e-cig companies after FDA proposes these regs.

Don't wait until FDA proposes these regs to begin taking action.

Action Alert: Urge Congress to prevent FDA from banning e-cigarettes again and to stop FDA from giving the e-cig industry to Big tobacco
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...op-fda-giving-e-cig-industry-big-tobacco.html

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Bill's right. As both individuals and groups we need to be asking that e-cigarettes be given their own set of regulations, not piggybacked onto the ones specifically written for Big tobacco. Regulation is definitely coming, but if we can all get on the same page somehow, we still have time to shape it to fit our own needs.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA

Just wish Azim (who I've known for 4 years) was as interested in exposing and opposing the disasterous provisions of the deeming reg and other likely e-cig regs as he is in representing e-cig companies after FDA proposes these regs.

Action Alert: Urge Congress to prevent FDA from banning e-cigarettes again and to stop FDA from giving the e-cig industry to Big Tobacco
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...op-fda-giving-e-cig-industry-big-tobacco.html

Thew92 does a daily fight for your right to vape thread daily where people are invited to tweet Senators and Congressmen

jstaubin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Action Alert: Urge Congress to prevent FDA from banning e-cigarettes again and to stop FDA from giving the e-cig industry to Big Tobacco

Lawyers are only interested on an hourly basis!!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If regulations are too harsh people will DIY which would more or less defeat the purpose of the regulations. I'd elaborate but I tend to rub people the wrong way.
Which people?

Yes, maybe most of us here will be prepared to DIY if needed.
But there are still millions and millions of smokers out there who need the opportunity to switch.

Nobody is going to switch if they have to DIY from the start.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Simple. You buy the flavorless juice and get pre-measured flavorings of your choice with it courtesy of the retailer. Not only is the customer not buying flavoring but more importantly the retailer is not selling flavored juice. I'm not saying it's an ideal scenario, just that there's no way for regulations to put the genie back in the bottle.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Nobody is going to switch if they have to DIY from the start.

I probably would not have switched as easily, perhaps not at all, if regulations favoring tobacco and limiting choices for vaping had been in effect earlier this year. Those of us who have made the transition from smoking to vaping and educated ourselves are fortunate indeed ...

We have a responsibility, I think, to bridge that information gap and "Adopt A Smoker", as many here have already done. Family, friends, co-workers, anyone who will listen and has the motivation ...

I have pledged to myself that I will:

1. NOT be the PITA that whines about smoking (don't want to annoy myself !)

2. Fight disinformation with proven documented fact whenever possible, and not to make unsubstantiated claims about the benefits of vaping.

3. Influence by example, not by intimidation, confrontation, or "vaping evangalism".

4. Share my "hand-me-down" gear with potential converts.

5. Not to refer to people who repeat the bogus dire warnings from media hype as "anti-freeze holes" or "battery boneheads" ...

Doing pretty well with 1 through 4, still struggling with number 5 ... :?:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If regulations are too harsh people will DIY which would more or less defeat the purpose of the regulations. I'd elaborate but I tend to rub people the wrong way.

And if they make it near impossible to get liquid nicotine, which they easily could for consumers, your theory goes out the window. Not to mention it would lead to the elimination of vaping choice as we know it today.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I probably would not have switched as easily, perhaps not at all, if regulations favoring tobacco and limiting choices for vaping had been in effect earlier this year. Those of us who have made the transition from smoking to vaping and educated ourselves are fortunate indeed ...

We have a responsibility, I think, to bridge that information gap and "Adopt A Smoker", as many here have already done. Family, friends, co-workers, anyone who will listen and has the motivation ...

I have pledged to myself that I will:

1. NOT be the PITA that whines about smoking (don't want to annoy myself !)

2. Fight disinformation with proven documented fact whenever possible, and not to make unsubstantiated claims about the benefits of vaping.

3. Influence by example, not by intimidation, confrontation, or "vaping evangalism".

4. Share my "hand-me-down" gear with potential converts.

5. Not to refer to people who repeat the bogus dire warnings from media hype as "anti-freeze holes" or "battery boneheads" ...

Doing pretty well with 1 through 4, still struggling with number 5 ... :?:

Have you joined CASAA? If not, do you think a few vapers here and there can stop the Big Pharm lobby, the FDA and the ANTZ's by themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread