The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aero tank, mesh x1 coil 0.2 ohm how many puffs is it good for

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by buccaneersfan, Jun 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. buccaneersfan

buccaneersfan Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Hi any suggestions, I had 2000 puffs now , I feel little harsh with high wattage of 45w, should I change coil

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Puffs vary by individual. Sadly there just isn’t a good universal measurement. If it’s getting harsh though changing the coil is probably a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Puffs or days isn't a good measure of how long a head lasts.
    How many mls of liquid has been through it/used is a better gauge.
    Colored or dark and especially sweet liquids tend to gunk coils & clog wicking material rapidly.

Could try turning the power down 5 -10 w to see if the harshness reduces.

• Like Like x 1
  4. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

It's good practice to change your cotton and burn off your coil when you are using an RDA and all though you cant do that with a drop-in coil the same applies but is super difficult to accomplish. So when your taste starts to change for the worse and it tastes a little odd....that's the time to change the coil......

You can usually tell if it's had it. Look closely does it look black and yuk....again it's very difficult to clean a drop in coil so change it....

Good luck to you :):)

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    If it's feeling harsh, change it. So many factors are at play, type of juice length of puff, etc.

I have gotten to the point with my RTAs where I need to rewick only because they have gotten harsh. The liquid is still fine, and I have been know to recuse it if the tank is not al gross. Etc.

AnnA

• Like Like x 2
  6. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

It’s hard to tell sometimes because the change is subtle over time. One day you will just notice an off taste, less vapor, or in your case harshness. There is no hard number on when to swap it out. So much variation from coil to coil and even the same coils from the same pack. It’s just a personal judgement call, usually if you gotta ask, then it needs changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Also, like just don't get too angsty about it. It's a COIL. They make more.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.