Aerotech MEGA, coil resistance recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Been awhile since I posted here, I dropped my PVs and picked up my analogs, but I'm tossing them again.

I have a question about an order I'm placing for a new mod.

SMOKtech FURY - MECH mod

Battery - Efest 18650 2500mah 35A

tank - Kanger Aerotech MEGA

Dual Coil Atomizer Heads - Here is the question. I have been using dual coil SMOKtech carto tanks, and have had pretty good luck with them on my SMOK WOO regulated mod. But it uses higher resistance coils with stacked batteries, regulated at 5v. Leaving all of my carto tanks useless on any mech mod I own. With the Aero Mega tank, I have choices between 1.5OHM and 1.8OHM, both are dual coil. Which would you recommend on this setup? Or would you recommend a different battery than this?

Cheers.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
The battery you chose is just fine. If you ever get into rebuilding, it's important to know that that is a 20 amp battery, not 35 amp as claimed.

As to the coil heads, they are not such a large investment that you can't try both resistances. Only you can say what is better for you. Just don't buy a .... load of either until you've tried them.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The battery you chose is just fine. If you ever get into rebuilding, it's important to know that that is a 20 amp battery, not 35 amp as claimed.

As to the coil heads, they are not such a large investment that you can't try both resistances. Only you can say what is better for you. Just don't buy a .... load of either until you've tried them.

I just went off what the battery said. From another thread someone pointed out the continuous discharge is 20A, max discharge is 35A. Thanks for the response.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EF65025

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
My Mega came with 2ohm coils. I liked it. I now have a 1.5ohm coil in it and I like that too :) I think it hit thicker and harder with the 2ohm but the 1.5ohm comes on faster. Not sure if is my imagination or not but it seams the batteries last longer with the 2ohm coils. Have not tried the 1.8's yet. I will have to use the 25 coils I just bought first, or do A good job of hiding them from wifey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread