Africare™ 100% Glycerin...Safe For Making Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDoom

Oct 10, 2012
Ohio
Was out of Glycerin and out of juice, so made a quick run to my local Walgreen's to see what they had available. This Africare™ brand was the only one they carried (according to the clerk) so I picked it up even though it doesn't have the USP marking. It does say 100% Glycerin and claims to be Kosher (VG).

Just wondering if anyone has used it to make juice or has any information on it's purity and safety for using in juice.

I've never used anything that wasn't labeled USP before. Being that I was in a pinch for time and completely dry, it seemed like an OK plan to go ahead with buying it...after all, it does claim 100% Vegetable Glycerin so what could possibly go wrong? Well...now that it's mixing time, I'm feeling a bit less certain of my decision.

Can anyone vouch for this product?

DigitalDoom

Oct 10, 2012
Ohio
You're probably right. Maybe I'll give it a shot, for a small batch anyway...until I can get something different tomorrow. Surely I've put worse things into my lungs at some point throughout the wild & crazy life I've lived. Couldn't imagine it doing any worse damage than the 20+ years of 2 packs a day did to them before I discovered vaping.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
........It does say 100% Glycerin and claims to be Kosher (VG). .........

Are you sure that Kosher means it's vg? I'd taste a drop of it to make sure it tastes like vg at least. It's probably made by humco and I've seen several posts from folks that claim that it is vg.

If you have any health food shops in your area, they sometime carry vg that's labeled as such.

I sent them a message on their website (Cococare) and got a call back this afternoon. The voicemail from them says "It is USP and it is vegetable based."

Not sure why they wouldn't put it on the label, but there ya go. Just thought I'd add to the thread since it came up near the top when I was Googling to see if it was safe to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread