After 14 months of abstinence I need an advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
So, for fourteen months I was buying nothing vape-related, not even cotton.
Now my oldest mod in rotation (istick 30 clone) is showing signs of aging, and I decided buy something... But it looks like there are not much new for MTLungers or restricted DLungers. I use now kayfun 4 (a bit tight for me) and kayfun 5 (which is nice to build/vape, but which is prone to leaking). So far I my choice for my new order are Pico 25 and OBS Engine NANO (both are authentic, new experience for me...)
Any thoughts, advice or criticism of my choice?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I cannot vouch for it from personal experience, but I've seen a number of folks report good performance with the Nano in restricted DL (some even mtl but far from universal). I have several regular Engines which are dual coil and are my adv tanks.

The Pico 25 is perfect. Will work with just about any tank on he market, especially for the restricted DL tanks which are rarely over 25 mm. Good rep and affordable.

I think you're good with both.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Engine nano looks intriguing. I'm also really happy with my SXK Doggystyle 2K16 clone (on FT they call it "doggy styled RTA") that I picked up recently. I'm currently using it on my original Pico (75w), and it has all but replaced my Kayfun Lites. The Doggystyle is slightly airier than the KFL, and more (or at least more easily) adjustable.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I'm also really happy with my SXK Doggystyle 2K16 clone (on FT they call it "doggy styled RTA")

I am not fully in MTL region, I like restricted DL also.
There's another (SJMY?) Doggy clone with larger airflow at the coil than the SXK version, more suited to restricted DL (or so they say, I don't have that one myself). The SXK is pretty darn restricted, even "wide open" but gives a great MTL closed off about halfway.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
May not be what you are looking for but this is a good clone and it is good for DTL or MTL depending on how you build it.

$18.60 Coppervape Skyline Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
7935300-2.jpg

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Nope. those choices seem excellent to me.
out of curiosity is that kayfun 5 original or a clone? I have a theory about kasyfun 5s relying on exceptionally pristine levels of machining to maintain leak integrity.
It's clones. Which has nothing to do with leaking. When we have O-rings machining means not much for leaking. Engineering does.
K5 is sensitive to wicking, especially when wick is 1-2 weeks old (its when leaks start bothering me).

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The OBS Nano doesn't have the largest build deck, but if you use thin wire, say 28 awg kanthal at around 7 wraps should get you a nice mtl 1.5 -1.7 ohm coil that you can fit on the deck. It is still an airy tank and nothing about it I would call MTL.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The OBS Nano doesn't have the largest build deck, but if you use thin wire, say 28 awg kanthal at around 7 wraps should get you a nice mtl 1.5 -1.7 ohm coil that you can fit on the deck. It is still an airy tank and nothing about it I would call MTL.

Definitely airy.....But tasty too

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yes, I was considering Skyline until I've heard about Engine Nano, which is - by opinion of many - leak proof. And I hate leaking, even a bit of leaking.
OBS is a nice tank and leak free. Leak free tanks equal longer lasting mods but I believe the Nano is a 25 mm tank so you would need to get the Pico 25

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It's clones. Which has nothing to do with leaking. When we have O-rings machining means not much for leaking. Engineering does.
K5 is sensitive to wicking, especially when wick is 1-2 weeks old (its when leaks start bothering me).

I haven't had my clone for a week yet but I did up a wire with a 3mm diameter (rather than smaller) after I noticed how much room I had to work with. I think I could probably even go 3.5mm without issue, but I'm not sure. It did make wicking easier. I have had no leaking issues at all other than the ones I caused due to carelessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread