After The "Starter Kit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Gulfport, Florida, United States
So I just started vaping a little over a week ago and I was wondering, after a newb like me gets into it a little more whats the next best E-Cig, mod or what not...I really like the looks of the telescoping but to be honest I am a bit worried about what I heard about batteries blowing up and stuff. I've seen some really nice ones that give off a HUGE vapor and I like that.

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm just a bit farther ahead than you. I bought an E-GO starter kit when I started vaping 3-4 months ago.

I ended upgrading to a Smok WOO which is a regulated MOD. With protected batteries it hits like a dream and you won't have to worry about any explosions. But even now... I'm looking for my next upgrade.... Lol, I don't think it ever stops.

Your biggest decision right now is MOD or Variable Voltage?

Are you interested in VV or not?

Barbii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
I'm just a bit farther ahead than you. I bought an E-GO starter kit when I started vaping 3-4 months ago.

I ended upgrading to a Smok WOO which is a regulated MOD. With protected batteries it hits like a dream and you won't have to worry about any explosions. But even now... I'm looking for my next upgrade.... Lol, I don't think it ever stops.

Your biggest decision right now is MOD or Variable Voltage?

Are you interested in VV or not?

So far I really like the VV....I think i may check with some friends and see if I can check theirs out.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
I'd advise that you take your time. Hopefully you are using an inexpensive VV like the Ego twist. That way you can adjust the voltage and consequently the wattage of your vape. (educate yourself with Ohms law--see Baditudes links-- and learn to calculate the wattage yof various coils and volts you use). try a few different coils of different ohms. (e.g. cartriges or replcement coils for Kanger tanks) Taste test juices and PG/VG ratios (decide if you are interested in NETS or other heavy juices like coffees as your main vape) on different coils at different wattages and find your "sweet spot" range. Decide if you want to do RDA/RBA. If so, get an ohm meter and try a few and see if you might be interested in dual coils or sub ohm in the future. Then you will have some data to determine what type of MOD upgrade will meet your needs and desires. It can save you money and buyer's remorse.

Barbii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Thank you Cr8ton for the videos, I've subscribed to his Youtube, he gives a lot of good info...and yes papabogart i think i will be taking my time, right now the E-Go C Twist, Smoke 1300 VV and the Itaste VV i have are working just fine, when I do move up I really do like the VV so will be staying in that range.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
after a newb like me gets into it a little more whats the next best E-Cig, Mod or what not...
Baditude's links will be very helpful, I think. There are a lot of different ways you can go from here. :)

to be honest I am a bit worried about what I heard about batteries blowing up and stuff.
It's good to have a healthy respect for the power in these batteries we use and to use them very carefully. Before buying my first mods, which were mechanicals, I printed out lots and lots of articles and read them very carefully, watched lots of videos, and made notes and checklists for myself. The mods I got were relatively inexpensive (I'm vaping a Smoktech Magneto right now), but I did not skimp on my batteries or charger, and I tested the mods (and other equipment) before using them (e.g. testing the vent holes, testing for a short).

Whatever kind of mod(s) you decide you want, do your homework on how to use them safely. Then you won't have to worry so much, because you'll have a better understanding what to do and what not to do.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
as long as you go with a regulated voltage device and their recommended batteries, you are very safe. Even mech mods with a kick are pretty safe, as long as you know the limits of your battery, ohms of your build, it's all good. It's just a matter of knowing what not to use, what to use and making sure you know how to handle, store and use batteries safely.

Barbii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Yea I think before I go into the world of "Mods" I will have to do a lot more homework, dont get me wrong my little e-go c twist is working just fine and I love my Itaste VV but with the Itaste to me it seems to go thru the battery to quick. Mind you its only been 11 days since I stopped smoking so I tend to have them within reach at all times right now..lol my husband calls it my pacifier :laugh:

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
Yea I think before I go into the world of "Mods" I will have to do a lot more homework, dont get me wrong my little e-go c twist is working just fine and I love my Itaste VV but with the Itaste to me it seems to go thru the battery to quick. Mind you its only been 11 days since I stopped smoking so I tend to have them within reach at all times right now..lol my husband calls it my pacifier :laugh:

I must be getting old. I totally missed that you had the Itaste. Ignore me please.:oops:

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL

lol, I'm doing the same thing. I've had a simple vape setup for several months, but decided to finally quit analogs about a week ago. If I leave my house without my PV, I'll honestly circle the block and get it, just for a trip to the mailbox!

AkGirl79

ECF Veteran

Wow Baditude what great blogs! Thanks for sharing those :)! I myself decided to my next step after the standard starter twist and go was a VV and chose the Innokin VV V.03. So far I am beyond in love! My next step is finding the "perfect" clearomizer. I have been using the iClear16 but recently ordered the iClear10s (honestly due to the cubed appearance and thinking that would appear more streamlined on my innokin lol) and some Kanger T2's to test. However, I have been researching and plotting out my next upgrade already lol and looking towards a Provape with a Pyrex G50 tank I am thinking.. The amount of learning, educating, and fumbling around involved with vaping has been both a pleasure and a nightmare! Lol! But on the plus side this is my first quit attempt I can truly say I am fully enjoying! But I can't say I am seeing a money savings! Haha

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

That's the problem with low mah VV PVs. As soon as we begin vaping at a higher voltage/ wattage the batts drain quicker. My vote goes to the MVP 2 which I would use at home. For out and about I would use the Twist or iTaste VV. Realize also the MVP 2 has variable wattage. I'm very impressed with the build quality of the MVP 2- more so than any other PV I have used in this price range.
Best of Luck.

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
Thank you Cr8ton for the videos, I've subscribed to his Youtube, he gives a lot of good info...and yes papabogart i think i will be taking my time, right now the E-Go C Twist, Smoke 1300 VV and the Itaste VV i have are working just fine, when I do move up I really do like the VV so will be staying in that range.

Check out pbusardo on youtube - great reviews, very detailed, good info on mods and tanks - you will need tanks to go with that new mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread