After Vaporesso GT4, CCell - now CCell2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newmikey

Feb 26, 2018
Right, so I "migrated" from pure MTL with Zenith and Zlide tanks to a Vaporesso NRG tank about a month ago to start my DL journey and it's been awesome until now. Thought I'd jot down some notes in the meantime. At the same time I bought the NRG I also bought a Kroma-A kit with an iSub-B tank but that's a different story.

When I started with the NRG, I used the GT4 coil that was in the tank right out of the box and the flavour was quite revolutionary (at least, to little old MTL-me). I picked up notes I'd never tasted before and I vaped like a madman for the first few weeks.

The GT4 coil started losing flavour and vapour after about 8 days and 10 days in I switched to a CCell 0.5 ohm coil, starting it out at 30 and building up to 35 watts. I have a hard time comparing from memory but if I recall, the GT4 had an edge in terms of flavour. The CCell also had a slightly metallic (for lack of a better description) aftertaste which diminished at the coil was bedded in over a few days.

Today, I decided to switch out the CCell as I was still getting decent vapour but rapidly declining taste. I put in a CCell2 0.3 ohm which I purchased at the beginning. It's been primed for at least an hour and the flavour and vapour production are top-notch!

Now of course, things being as they are, one always compares the most recent memories of a declining coil with the new one which is just bedding in so a comparison is at best subjective and at its worst deceptive but I do think the CCell2 has more flavour (and truer flavour at that) than the CCell at the same or slightly higher wattage. It rivals and possibly surpasses the traditional GT4 (2 double-wire coils).

I'm vaping Naked100 LavaFlow Ice and Hawaiian Pog Ice 70/30 50ml shortfills to which I've added a 10ml 100% PG 18mg nicshot resulting in a 3mg 60/40 liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread