AG Tom Miller publicly challenges Mitch Zeller at FDLI conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
This is huge news. Tom Miller has been Attorney General of Iowa for 9 consecutive terms, was deeply involved in the MSA proceedings in the late nineties, and is now Chair of the Truth Initiative.

During his presentation at FDLI's tobacco conference, he took the stage during the luncheon to overturn almost all the received wisdom that's led to deeming, and challenged Mitch Zeller directly to make dramatic changes happen.

Mitch Zeller urged to save vaping by Iowa AG, Truth Chair, Hon Tom Miller - Vaping.com - Your One Stop Vapor Shop

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Still...at least someone put their big boy britches on and spoke up !

We need to see many more doing that.
And as he is the head of one of the largest anti-smoking organizations (Truth Initiative), that has to carry at least a little bit of weight.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I don't understand the hype. Why would Zeller et al listen to some small-potatoes AG from Iowa?

Sounds like another "Ron Johnson" misfire to me.
He's the Chair of the Truth Initiative, the US's largest antitobacco NGO, which was founded as a direct result of the Master Settlement Agreement.

The audience was the great and good food and drug lawyers of America.

There's just been an interesting election result..

Etc.

Xavier_Ninnis

Sep 24, 2012
PDX
Good heavens! An AG pandering to neither the lowest common denominator with headline grabbing argle-bargle; nor to big Pharma/tobacco, by promising to promote legislation based on science that wouldn't pass muster with a half-bright junior-high student.
The man is either not interested in pursuing a political career, or possesses, of all things, integrity.
Seriously, it's sad that this kind of informed and honest concern for the public good seems so rare among those holding positions of public trust. Sad too, that I'm actually moved by this action– an action that should not be, and believe it or not, while far from being ubiquitous, was at one time not entirely exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread