AGA-T/Paps Hybrid easy as pie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Here it is folks take two AGA-Ts use the top plates of both and the extra silicone grommets (you will work out where to put these), plug a few holes (do this well if you don't want juice in your battery tube) reverse the positive pin, shim with washers to adjust for battery fit, and bob's your mother's uncle:)

18650 Mode

8404838431_3e4b68d7fc_c.jpg

18350 Mode

8405932132_60e20d3ecb_c.jpg

The guts

8404838681_ff2548cc59_c.jpg

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Looks really nice. May need to pick up a second AGA-T and give this a try. Did you use 1 AGA-T and 1 AGA-T+? Just wondering why the top top cap doesn't have the knurling.

AGA t for both parts. I removed the knurling on one of my AGA ts, but not on the other.
May get round to it on this, but it would create a slight ledge where it meets the Paps, so I just polished the remaining knurling for now.

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Personally, I'd leave it like it is. It works with the knurling around the fire button on the Paps (doesn't exactly match but still looks good). I know you didn't, but I'm assuming this little mod would work with and AGA-T and T+ though, which I think I'll try. I'd prefer the o-ring seated top cap of the T+ to the screw on of the standard T.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Personally, I'd leave it like it is. It works with the knurling around the fire button on the Paps (doesn't exactly match but still looks good). I know you didn't, but I'm assuming this little mod would work with and AGA-T and T+ though, which I think I'll try. I'd prefer the o-ring seated top cap of the T+ to the screw on of the standard T.

Yep, should work with bottom agat and top agat+ or agat2.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Here it is folks take two AGA-Ts use the top plates of both and the extra silicone grommets (you will work out where to put these), plug a few holes (do this well if you don't want juice in your battery tube) reverse the positive pin, shim with washers to adjust for battery fit, and bob's your mother's uncle:)

18650 Mode

8404838431_3e4b68d7fc_c.jpg

18350 Mode

8405932132_60e20d3ecb_c.jpg

The guts

8404838681_ff2548cc59_c.jpg

It's suppose to be "Bob's your Uncle" and sometime they say "Robert is your Mother's Brother" - so I think you got the two mashed up confusered!

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Pretty sure they still have standard AGA-Ts at both Discount Vapers and Avid Vaper. The T+ and T2 doesn't have threaded caps so you'll need at least one regular AGA-T. They're even cheaper now that the new versions are out though. Should be able to do this mod for between $50 and $60.

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Pretty sure they still have standard AGA-Ts at both Discount Vapers and Avid Vaper. The T+ and T2 doesn't have threaded caps so you'll need at least one regular AGA-T. They're even cheaper now that the new versions are out though. Should be able to do this mod for between $50 and $60.

Thanks, i sent them off an e-mail to both to clarify if the top cap is threaded or held in place with o-rings.
Just to be on the safe side.

If it all works out, i will have one tank with many spare parts...
If the threads dont fit the Caravela, atleast i will still have two full tanks, lol

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
So, I really can't thank you enough for this cool little idea studiovap. Got home and had vapemail waiting. What have we here? Hmmm... AGA-T+? Fifteen minutes after cleaning the AGA-T I already had, I now have an AGA-Hybrid. Still need to fill the holes and get some washers.

rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture171474-aga-hybrid-01.jpg
rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture171473-aga-hybrid-02.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics. One day I'll get a real camera if I can stop buying mods long enough.

I do have a couple questions though. I really didn't see anywhere that looked like it needed the extra silicone grommets? There's already one in each of the top sides of the top caps. I think you're talking about the tiny white-clear grommets that go on the positive post right? Also, did you do thread taps for the wick hole and the hole left after pulling out the negative post used for silica wick setups? Neither seems to be threaded.

Thanks again for this.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
So, I really can't thank you enough for this cool little idea studiovap. Got home and had vapemail waiting. What have we here? Hmmm... AGA-T+? Fifteen minutes after cleaning the AGA-T I already had, I now have an AGA-Hybrid. Still need to fill the holes and get some washers.

rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture171474-aga-hybrid-01.jpg
rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture171473-aga-hybrid-02.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics. One day I'll get a real camera if I can stop buying mods long enough.

I do have a couple questions though. I really didn't see anywhere that looked like it needed the extra silicone grommets? There's already one in each of the top sides of the top caps. I think you're talking about the tiny white-clear grommets that go on the positive post right? Also, did you do thread taps for the wick hole and the hole left after pulling out the negative post used for silica wick setups? Neither seems to be threaded.

Thanks again for this.

No Worries rcbell, glad some have appreciated my share.
The silicone grommets, were used to add to the ends of my center post for a better seal, the top platform grommet needed to be shaved down a little to seat against the other it mated to in the center post, but the bottom one served as a slight spring for the positive pole improving battery contact.
and no my wick holes were not threaded,I had drilled one out to 3.5mm and I used another silicone grommet pushed into the hole and then inserted a m3 allen screw through the center, the other hole ( yes post removed)was plugged with a section of tube from a ballpoint refill, and again a screw inserted through the center.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
nice.... do they still sell these with the threaded tops?

Links?

I got a Caravela coming in, and I'm sure the threads are the same as the PAPS

Some solder in those holes, would make that bottom 100% leak proof :2cool:

I thought about this, how safe is solder, when in contact with juice?
I also considered a food safe silicone or epoxy.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I thought about this, how safe is solder, when in contact with juice?
I also considered a food safe silicone or epoxy.

i think as long as you stick to the lead free stuff, and wash away the flux residue, you should be fine...

solder is present in attys & CE2's(NR wire to 510 connector), and no one had an issue then.

i used to make my own dripping rebuildable attys (pre genesis era), without any off taste.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
i think as long as you stick to the lead free stuff, and wash away the flux residue, you should be fine...

solder is present in attys & CE2's(NR wire to 510 connector), and no one had an issue then.

i used to make my own dripping rebuildable attys (pre genesis era), without any off taste.

If you do go the solder route, please post pics and your method back here for us all to see, I'd imagine you'd have to get the top/bottom plate pretty toasty to get a good adhesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread