Ahh...36 mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antha

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Southeast Michigan
I've been vaping 24mg Vanilla for almost a week now. I figured this would be strong enough, but very often it doesn't give a strong enough throat hit. I read that the amount of nicotine can directly correlate to throat hit on this forum, so I ordered more juice, but higher nicotine. From the first drag, a very nice, powerful throat hit. I don't think I'll be vaping 36 all day, but man, what a difference! My BIGGEST criteria has been the throat hit, not flavor. A few questions:

• Does higher nicotine liquid make the taste more subtle?

• Has anyone noticed that a sip of pop after a drag boosts a sort of aftertaste of the flavor (or is it just me?), especially on already sweet vapes?

• All my juices (different suppliers) are very, very subtle. I don't mind this, as I'm not in it for the flavor. Just wondering if this is a 510 thing rather than a juice thing as I suspect?

P.S.: I am loving this Red Bull. I didn't think I would, but based on some posts here I went ahead and got some.

robin1968

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Metairie, LA
I've been vaping 24mg Vanilla for almost a week now. I figured this would be strong enough, but very often it doesn't give a strong enough throat hit. I read that the amount of nicotine can directly correlate to throat hit on this forum, so I ordered more juice, but higher nicotine. From the first drag, a very nice, powerful throat hit. I don't think I'll be vaping 36 all day, but man, what a difference! My BIGGEST criteria has been the throat hit, not flavor. A few questions:

• Does higher nicotine liquid make the taste more subtle?

• Has anyone noticed that a sip of pop after a drag boosts a sort of aftertaste of the flavor (or is it just me?), especially on already sweet vapes?

• All my juices (different suppliers) are very, very subtle. I don't mind this, as I'm not in it for the flavor. Just wondering if this is a 510 thing rather than a juice thing as I suspect?
P.S.: I am loving this Red Bull. I didn't think I would, but based on some posts here I went ahead and got some.

I knew you were from Michigan before I even looked. "Pop" lol

Antha

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Southeast Michigan
I knew you were from Michigan before I even looked. "Pop" lol

lol. What do you call it? Did you know "Midland Speech" (Great Lakes/Ohio/Illinois, etc area) is considered the most proper form of speech in the U.S. and that's also why in movies and everybody talks like that?

These are kinda cool. Two dialect quizzes:

Are You A Rebel or A Yankee?

The Advanced Yankee-Rebel Test

There is a better, really comprehensive one out there that I did years ago online, but I can't remember what it was, but it covered things like "wash vs warsh" "car vs caah", etc.
==============

I thought I smoked a fairly strong brand (Marlboro Red 100s) and I smoked 1.5 packs a day, but I figured when 24mg was being called "high" that that was right for me. Apparently, I need even higher nic than that. I get a great throat hit EVERY TIME, unless the juice is running out of course. I'm so happy that I'm getting a good, nice "exactly how I want it" vape every time I take a drag.

I was taking drags non-stop on 24 mg and topping off every 5 drags. With the 36 mg, I can leave my PV alone for a little while because I'm more satisfied. Yay. Its hard to find suppliers with 36 though, so maybe I should stock up on flavors in 36 mg before they all stop selling them. I was able to quit on 24 mg, but 36 mg is obviously what I need in order to satisfy me.

Last edited:

raven9mm

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
IL
I was a pack+ a day smoker. First 3 months I was chain vaping 24mg. I tried 36mg, and I was actually able to put my chuck down here and there. I now vape 45mg, and I can put it down for 30 minutes no problem, or I can vape like I used to smoke, and be good for an hour or so. Vaping 45mg straight is not recommended, but it works for me.

From what I have been told, and from what i have found, is that the higher in nic content you go, the more bitter it gets, since nic is a very bitter flavor. I either just deal with it, or add a little loranns to it to boost the flavor. I do not put much more than a few drops per 30ml bottle, so I am not affecting the overall mg rating more than 1mg, if that. But it does seem to do the trick.

robin1968

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Metairie, LA
lol. What do you call it? Did you know "Midland Speech" (Great Lakes/Ohio/Illinois, etc area) is considered the most proper form of speech in the U.S. and that's also why in movies and everybody talks like that?

These are kinda cool. Two dialect quizzes:

Are You A Rebel or A Yankee?

The Advanced Yankee-Rebel Test

There is a better, really comprehensive one out there that I did years ago online, but I can't remember what it was, but it covered things like "wash vs warsh" "car vs caah", etc.
==============

I thought I smoked a fairly strong brand (Marlboro Red 100s) and I smoked 1.5 packs a day, but I figured when 24mg was being called "high" that that was right for me. Apparently, I need even higher nic than that. I get a great throat hit EVERY TIME, unless the juice is running out of course. I'm so happy that I'm getting a good, nice "exactly how I want it" vape every time I take a drag.

I was taking drags non-stop on 24 mg and topping off every 5 drags. With the 36 mg, I can leave my PV alone for a little while because I'm more satisfied. Yay. Its hard to find suppliers with 36 though, so maybe I should stock up on flavors in 36 mg before they all stop selling them. I was able to quit on 24 mg, but 36 mg is obviously what I need in order to satisfy me.

Too funny but true. To answer your question: Everything is "coke" down here lol soft drink and soda is heard a lot as well.

robin1968

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Metairie, LA
I know but I lived in Saginaw for 7 years so I was just tesing him or her. I have no room to talk or make fun of how people talk living where I do. Come down here it will drive you crazy. lol

I will say this, I do miss those Pop stores or stands where you would take your wooden crates of empty pop bottles in and exchange them for new ones. I remember walking in there as a kid and seeing all those different colors and flavors. Black Cherry was my favorite and that crystal clear cream soda ran a close second. Do they still have such places?

Antha

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Southeast Michigan
I have no idea. I've never been to one. Never lived near Saginaw. Oh, and its a her, btw. I also beg the question: if you want a Mountain Dew, you'd say you want a Coke? My grandmother was from Ontario and my grandfather was from West Virginia, so my mother has a few phrases that seem to come outta left field to me, saying things like "buggy" (for shopping cart), "ben" for bin, etc.

Side note: I'm reading Charleton Heston's autobiography, "In the Arena" and I get this "Michigan pride" when reading it because he talks about some places and things that I know of. I'd prefer someplace warm, with an even-keeled climate, maybe northern Georgia or something, but I've lived here my whole life, so when I hear Michael Moore is making a movie in Bellaire, MI (its a cute little village - not big enough to be a city or town) about an hour north of Traverse City) I get the "hometown pride" thing going on. No characters on TV are ever from the Great Lakes area. Except when the news reports how awful our economy is (and has been for years before the recession was felt in other states) and having the highest unemployment rate in the U.S., Michigan seems fairly forgotten. Heh. At least we have the Pistons and the Red Wings...if only we had a decent football team. :)

batexp

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Seabrook, Texas
I too was constantly dragging on any 24mg juice I had till I found TW's premier range 36mg.

Enjoying the "teramisu" flavor right now.

It's kind of a coffee, caramel, vanilla, chocolate thing.

My wife loves he smell and swears that she's going to gain weight just from the aroma.

Bit pricey but they are using a UK supplier/mfg for all ingredients for consistency and quality, so I trust it.

Had been using JC's stuff but they don't yet offer the higher mg.

What I have found is the higher mg satisfies me quickly, Where I was burning through 5 or more mls per day I'm now down to about 2-3 mls.

BTW...Yep I'm a born and bred Texan, and yep we call it a Coke but only when we want a Cola flavored beverage. It is primarily because through the 50's and 60's Coke was about the only thing that was bottled around here. Heck fire I don't think I even had a Pepsi until I was knee high to a grass hopper. By y'all.

shasta

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
I have a new Joye 510 kit. I have 12mg juice. I thought it would be enough since I only smoked 1/2 of Marlboro Ultra Lights per day. It's not enough! I am still craving analog cigs and vaping non-stop! I am constantly charging batteries. I went to Nhaler to get stronger juice in the flavors I have and they are only available in 12mg. So.... Off to search for another place to get stronger juice. I want something in orange flavor this time.

Yes, down here, pop is called soda or "Coke". Coke is used in the same way that tissues are called Kleenex. You know people mean tissue, but most everyone asks for a Kleenex when they need to blow their nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread