Ahhh! I don't know what mod to buy next!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
I'm looking at something that is higher voltage or even VV.

I've been looking at the Big kazoo because its 5 volts and only 35 bucks. I really don't like the black plastic box look and would also love it to be juice fed. So on that note i've been looking at Old Goat Mods, they have a 5volt juice fed box mod that i can get painted to whatever design i want. Both of those are pretty cheap and easy to use.

Variable Voltage is a different story, Provari.. Darwin.. they are both very pricey and I don't know if i'm trying to spend 200 bucks on a pv. Kens mods are cheaper and versatile also with voltages. I just don't know yet, I'm still very new to vaping and i feel like the market has so many great products i can't choose one. I wish i could buy them all! :)

Anything will help, Thanks a lot!

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
If you've got the bucks to spend on a Provari or Darwin go for it if you think it's what you want. Personally I can't justify it. I'm taking to poboy route and just matching my atomizers to the voltages I've got. You can get into something HV and inexpensive if you want to try it and see if it's for you. Boxmods may not be the sleekest design, but they work and they're cheap.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I love my provari, its rock solid and performs exactly as advertised. The .1 volt increments give you precise control over how you vape. It allows you to make any atty/carto perform exactly how you want it to. Very awesome. If you are set on a bottom feeder you can get a variable volt option on the Ali'i. Be prepared to camp the website on ordering day (fridays i believe) They only take a few orders per week and if things are still like they were around Xmas then that window is only open a few minutes per week. Good luck and vape on!

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I really like my Indulgence. Great performer, not expensive, you get 3.7, 5v, 6v, 7.3v, 501, 801, 901,4027?.

The suggestion for keeping what you have and trying the LR attys is a great idea and really works well.

I've tried the tube feeder (Tougher Mr. Puffer) and they are just OK as I didn't like pushing a bottle to feed the juice.

As important as hardware, IMO, is the choice of e-juice.

Good luck on your quest...keep an eye on the ECF classifieds for some great variety and good deals.

alisab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
WI
I think the infinity is one to consider - it is vv and it is inexpensive and it is backed by a company with an excellent rep for customer service - they also sell the buzz (also vv) - I am talking about Notcigs. I think for someone who doesn't have a big investment of different batteries and chargers and cartos and attys that a vv is a very cost effective way to move into mods. You can adjust the mod to the voltage you want - you don't have to get lots of diffferent batteries or attys to do that in a manual sort of way. You can dial in the exact voltage to every juice you have - vape it at it's best. I think it is a very worthwhile consideration.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
Thanks for all the help everyone. I already have a Reo Mini and i love it, i really wanted a Reo Grand but they sold out before i could get one. I might buy a cheap mod under 100 bucks for now and save the rest of the money for a bigger mod when they come out. This is all very helpful. I'm going to make a list of all the mods i want in order of how much i want it. Every pay check i'll just buy a new one. :) my new hobby is expensive but i like being healthier

Dhileas

ECF Veteran
Thanks for all the help everyone. I already have a Reo Mini and i love it, i really wanted a Reo Grand but they sold out before i could get one. I might buy a cheap mod under 100 bucks for now and save the rest of the money for a bigger mod when they come out. This is all very helpful. I'm going to make a list of all the mods i want in order of how much i want it. Every pay check i'll just buy a new one. :) my new hobby is expensive but i like being healthier

It's cheaper when you DIY juice, and when you make your own 5v passthru. :)

HippyJeepChick

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Sugar Land, Texas
My husband has a 5volt box mod and it is great when vaping some juices but will burn others. He doesn't use it anymore since he got the Darwin. I use it to vape sometimes when my batteries for my Turbo are charging. Irish Cream and Cinnabon vape very good at 5 volt but most of my liquids taste better at a lower voltage. I set my voltage anywhere between 3.9 and 4.3 on my turbo and get the best flavor and vape.

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
+1 on the indulgence~! I miss mine sometimes :)

I really like my Indulgence. Great performer, not expensive, you get 3.7, 5v, 6v, 7.3v, 501, 801, 901,4027?.

The suggestion for keeping what you have and trying the LR attys is a great idea and really works well.

I've tried the tube feeder (Tougher Mr. Puffer) and they are just OK as I didn't like pushing a bottle to feed the juice.

As important as hardware, IMO, is the choice of e-juice.

Good luck on your quest...keep an eye on the ECF classifieds for some great variety and good deals.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I think the Provari is one of the superior devices out there, you can vape at any level you want and it is solidly built as is the Darwin. The Buzz is a good solidly built device also and works much better than the Infinity imo and the batteries last forever in it for some reason.
All three would be a great entry into vv devices for you.
If you have a Reo mini another great little {indestructible!} device, try it with a low resistance atomizer and check out how much harder it can hit! The bottom fed mods are convenient and some work better than others but for the most part I love them!
C.B.
:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread