Ahlusion e-juice : Sweetened - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I want to try some of Ahlusions flavors. Most of the option for unsweetened or sweetened. I have never ordered from a vendor that offered this choice. Has anyone ordered the same flavor sweetened and unsweetened? How did they compare?
If you order unsweetened, what could be added to the e-liquid to sweeten it if it was needed?

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I order from Ahlusion a lot, and I wondered the same thing before my first order. The excellent advice I got, and am now passing on to you :) , is to get it unsweetened, first time. I have found that all of their juices end up being plenty sweet, and have never needed to add sweetener. As far as what to add, if you find it is not sweet enough, I bought a small bottle of sweetener from another vendor that has a DIY section. I think it was MBV or High Desert Vapes. Although I have never needed to add it to my Ahlusion juices, it perfectly did the trick when I wanted some other juices a little sweeter. I've also heard that people use a little liquid stevia that you can buy at the grocery store. If you go that route, you might want to look at the DIY forum for advice.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Their flavors are true to the descriptions. Some people don't like, for example, natural fruit flavors, but prefer very sweet, candy-like flavors. That's what the sweetening option is for.

Example: Grape Vine tastes like grapes -- not grape juice or grape candy. If you prefer juice or candy, ask for it to be sweetened.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I order from Ahlusion a lot, and I wondered the same thing before my first order. The excellent advice I got, and am now passing on to you :) , is to get it unsweetened, first time. I have found that all of their juices end up being plenty sweet, and have never needed to add sweetener. As far as what to add, if you find it is not sweet enough, I bought a small bottle of sweetener from another vendor that has a DIY section. I think it was MBV or High Desert Vapes. Although I have never needed to add it to my Ahlusion juices, it perfectly did the trick when I wanted some other juices a little sweeter. I've also heard that people use a little liquid stevia that you can buy at the grocery store. If you go that route, you might want to look at the DIY forum for advice.

That's what I was thinking. Even though Ahlusion never posted a sale, their site is adding 20% off to the cart, so this is a good time to order a bunch of flavors.

I have become a juice snob. The only flavors I like come from vendors that make their own flavors, like NT and Bryce's. I tried a couple fruit flavors from NT thinking maybe I would like fruits from a quality vendor, but that was not the case. I have high hopes for Ahlusion.

My ADV's are NT's Frenilla and CLS, Bryce's Vanilla Creme Custard, and a coffee blend from a B&M.
I also have one cinnamon blend from my B&M that I really like.

I'm not into candy like flavors or anything really sweet. I have read some good things about Boba tea, and I think I would like that or maybe Chai Tea. For those of you how vape Ahlusion and like flavors similar to mine, what would be your recommendations?

Last edited:

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I really, really love the Boba Tea. Honestly, I've liked pretty much everything I've tried from Ahlusion, although not all will be re-orders, and I just can't say that for any other vendor I've tried. If you are looking for fruit flavors, pick anything you want, and chances are it will be great!

I don't think the default ratios are the recommended ones, they just default to the highest vg available for that flavor. I think on most flavors, the recommended ratio is 50/50, but that's going to depend somewhat on your hardware (and preferences).

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I adore Boba Tea - it's so smooth and creamy - hard to describe. I have tried Nicoticket's Frenilla and CLS and they are harsher IMO. Boba Tea has a richness to it that is so delicious, yet it's a subtle flavor. I vape it when I am overwhelmed by other flavors - it's mellow. FWIW, I get everything sweetened, but then, I have a sweet tooth and I like flavor in everything. I also get the highest VG ratio though, so I think I am compensating.

I think the best advice is like LisaR said, try them first unsweetened. The only flavors I get sweetened from Ahlusion are my coffees because I like my coffee sweet. I just placed an order with Ahlusion yesterday and for the first time I asked for a juice sweetened, Tiramisu, because I like to use it as a coffee replacement at times.

As far as the default VG/PG ratios go, make note that Ahlusion is the only company to list VG first and the default ratio is not the recommended ratio. Again, like LisaR stated I believe the recommended ratio for most juices at Ahlusion are 50/50, if not it should say something in the description.

I've found flavors from Ahlusion that didn't trip my trigger like I thought they would but I've only run across one juice that I absolutely abhorred, Black Peach Tea (but many others seem to like it, it's probably just me).

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks everyone. Ahlusion's site doesn't say anything about a sale, but a 20% coupon code was automatically adding to the basket and shipping was free.
I ordered Boba Tea and Chai latte for myself and a couple of fruit flavors for my daughter....all unsweetened and 50/50.
There are so few flavors I like, I am really hoping I like one of them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread