Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
So a little background about myself. I don't post here much but decided to do so because I'm really into the All in One (AIO) vape packages. For one I'm 56, quit smoking 2 packs of Camels a day 6 years ago with the help of a cig-alike at first (which didn't cut it) and then I found REO Mods! I have about 10 of them. They were great at first and got better when rba's came about. That said, I found I'm allergic to PG so I started making my own liquid about 5 1/2 years ago...I vape 100% VG. Even my flavorings don't have PG in them (they are in alcohol base). So, my first step away from the REO's was the eGrip (original). I loved this thing... my first few lasted me about 2 years. I went with the eGrip OLED after this but they lasted about a year at a time. I experimented with a few other things but really didn't hit the jackpot until the eGrip II came out. I love this thing. Then the iCare care out- a great little stealthy mod that is all encompassing. Just recently however, after reading some reviews I purchased a Joytech eVic AIO.

I thought I would give a personal run-down on each of these (pro's and cons) and let others chime in. Maybe between us we can make some sense of the AIO world! Oh, and by the way I have also had an Nebox which I loved but hated the leaking.

First off I'd like to post a picture of my currently in-use mods (all AIO's):
AIOs.JPG

So, here's the deal...the cons: The eGrip II chips up and scuffs pretty bad. The black iCare does worse. I'm actually in the process of peeling off the black "paint," to make it all silver. I think it would look cool. The gold colored iCare doesn't chip- I wish the end pieces were black and not white.

That said, here's what I've found in regards to the vape and specifics. I've only really used the cuboid type heads on the eGrip and the eVic...I know they come with RBA's but I haven't ventured down that path. Both of these are vaped with the 0.5ohm heads...both at about 18 Watts- that seems to be the sweet spot for me with 12MG Nicotine. The iCare is vaped at about 18MG... I don't know the wattage but I know the heads all read about 1.1Ohm.

The drawbacks....the chipping (or scuffing) of the eGrip II and the black iCare. Otherwise, both of these are excellent and satisfying. I wish the iCare was a hair larger with more of a tank...they die quickly and the juice doesn't last very long, but that's okay. I carry 2 of them with me when I need to be stealthy. Great vapes!!

The real comparison is probably between the eVic and the eGrip II. With the same 3.5ml juice capacity I was hoping for about the same in regards to vaping. I was wrong. The eVic really sucks down the juice. Air flow is a hair better than the eGrip II (and with a high wattage, this might be really nice for those who like the clouds!) but because the chimney portion of the stalk that is lowered into the tank being fatter, the juice disappears very very quickly. The taste between the eVic and eGrip II however is comparable. What you get with the eVic however is much nicer. You get the faux leather pieces in brown and white as well as a lower ohm atty head and a couple of RBA's, so that's not to sneeze at. With a good battery however, you'll be filling the tank up twice on one battery. The eGrip II however, lasts a tank (and much longer on the juice than the eVic) with the battery dying about the time you need to refill. The only other nice thing about the eVic (I suppose) is that it doesn't have that silly "Floppy Bird's" game on it... only a terrible thing if you're addicted to playing it with your vape, but really??? Okay, so my assessment is that if given the choice, the eGrip II wins hand's down. Unfortunately the outside scuffs up very easily. Maybe other colors wear differently, I don't know.

During cyber Monday, MyFreedomSmokes was offering either the eVic AIO or the eGrip-II for $39.99. To be honest, I would have rather bought another eGrip II...it just lasts longer on the juice and produces just a smooth a vape as the eVic!!

On another note- Kangertech put out the Cupti and then the Cupti-II. The NeBox was basically improved to the non-leaking cuboid style atty head. However, in the process they cut off the bottom of the tank and instead of 10ml which you had with the NeBox, you're less than half of that capacity with the Cupti. Why in the world would they do that and waste space inside of the box? The same thing with the eVic AIO- they could have made the tank deeper. That would have been better! Instead, it is small for the size of everything else it comes with. I went to a restaurant tonight- took my eVic in with me (they allow vaping). After a couple of hours there and some light vaping, I left and went to my car to find half of my tank is empty with 3/4 of my battery power still left. I quickly filled up the tank but on my way home the tank is again about half full (a 20 minute ride). Instructions say to take the top cap off and fill from the top (leaving the chimney piece in the mod)...this doesn't work so well...it's easy to over-fill the top that way. it's best to take the whole chimney piece out and fill the tank directly, but there are no lines to show how far to fill it (like the eGrip II has). Best to fill no more than where the "A" starts on the the AIO lettering. Anymore than this and you'll over-fill. but this in reality is filling only half the tank...which makes me wonder if the eVic AIO's tank is really 3.5ml....I'm skeptical!

I suppose that none of these companies can develop new mods anymore (unless the FDA rules change), but if they could my suggestion is to make the tanks larger! With what we have now, my over-all preference is the eGrip II along with the iCare in cases when I have to be stealthy or need to carry very little with me.

Btw, if your AIO's spit juice just flick them downwards with your wrist to get the extra liquid in them out...they settle down in no time!

I hope that my own venture down the AIO avenue was informative and helpful for everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jingles

DoubleNaughtSpy

Apr 20, 2012
Georgia
Sorry to necro this thread (hopefully you still follow it). Looking for one of these for taking to work. I have a rather physical job and so far I have busted 2 tanks (from dropping) and my Coolfire 4 TC 100 (510 is loose from stress in my pocket at work). Which of these would you say is more durable?

The battery life on the eGrip 2 kind of concerns me with what you said above. If I read that right you are saying the battery is lasting for 3.5ml (one full tank) on a full charge running at 18 watts? That seems really low I am using the joyeteh AIO box to take to work right now until I purchase one of these, and I get at least 6-8ml off of one full charge. That's using the 0.5dl coil.

Thanks for any feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread