aios td replica

Status
Not open for further replies.

onem0hit

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Shepherdstown, WV
I don't think anyone has one yet as they are just in the production phase. It seems as though they have completed the initial production as there have been pictures produced by the manufacturer. I would imagine it is the same as the original as far as set up. It is supposed to be a difficult set up as a tank since it is an inverted genesis style. The coil is at the bottom and the tank is above it. The juice feeds down through a SS mesh straw.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/598483_488691904547946_453981785_n.jpg

Pirate_Freder

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Roswell, NM
I'm going to get one too. What I have seen in terms of the supposed best setups thus far are steel cable with a thin wrap of SS mesh and an SS mesh straw wick(looks like it was done around a blunt needle tip for inside diameter) wrapped in ekowool. It was also mentioned, iirc by multiple people, that the key is to have the wick fit in the tank hole nice and snugly.

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0220.jpg IMG_0222.jpg
I just received mine in the mail today. Been playing with it since then. I watched the few videos that's out there on the original. This seems to be an exact replica. It wasn't too much of a hassle to set up. I started off with ss wire rope with a 2mm ekowool sleeve. 30ga Kanthal 1.2 ohms. I'm not sure the size of the ss rope but it's thin enuff to fit 2mm eko sleeve around it. Nice flavor and vapor. I changed to 28ga at .7ohms. I saw where one guy was having problems vaping sum ohms on the original. But this thing vapes well with the ss rope and ekowool. No dry hits and I didn't notice any leaking. I then changed the wick and added a ss mesh wick with the same set up. IMO, it didn't vape as well as the rope. And after a few vapes I got a dry hit. So I will be using ss wire rope in this atty. It fits comfortably on the e cigar chi you clone after you remove the chi you topcap. But like Hill Giant said in his video, it's a cool vape. I tried it in dripper mode. Stunning! great vapor and flavor. The vape is warm like I like it. But I didn't buy this to use as a dripper. I wish the vape was warmer but with the vapor raising up between the juice tank and outer shell. I see why it would be cool. It's a nice gadget. Don't see it being a go-to device. It seems to be ss throughout except for the brass pin on the bottom for the battery connection. It's well worth the $40 or less you might spend on one.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Good question. I think someone gave this to me to try some months back. Now I need some more and don't know the exact size. With my calipers it measures about .065 or 1.67mm.

that is most likely 1/16" cable.

1.67mm = 0.06574803 inches

if we round that down just a little bit, we get 0.0625, which is 1/16".

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
I hope another vendor has some. I would like to give this a try as the real AIOS is expensive and I don't want to drop that kind of money on something I have never tried before.
I like the idea of a cooler vape. I'm a fan of that. Not a huge fan of a hot or even mildly warm vape so I suppose this should work perfect for me.

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
I hope another vendor has some. I would like to give this a try as the real AIOS is expensive and I don't want to drop that kind of money on something I have never tried before.
I like the idea of a cooler vape. I'm a fan of that. Not a huge fan of a hot or even mildly warm vape so I suppose this should work perfect for me.

Check the Group Buys in Calivapers forum. 2wonderflow might have some xtras. Tell him foggdawg sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread