Air purifier / vape smell cleaner upper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ever since I found the magic of sub-Ohm vaping, the air in my man cave smells heavy and sweet, even hours after my last cloud has dissipated.

You-know-who disagrees with my assessment that it smells absolutely fantastic.

Since I refuse to take it outside, I need some way of cleaning the air in here.

I figured this would be the best community to ask for help.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Soap and water is probably a requirement for any surface that will take it. vaping for long periods in unventilated space will do that. It’s not nearly as bad as cigarettes, but it will build up. Luckily everything is water based so at least you don’t have to scrape a layer of tar over everything. Also for gods sake crack a window :p

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Most of my vaping is done in my man cave, which is separated with pocket doors to the dining room with a large opening on the other end to the living room. I have a Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier in the dining room. My "you-know-who", who has never smoked or vaped, says she cam smell it in my man cave, but doesn't notice it in the other rooms. She does admit that it may be that she is used to it, but nothing bothersome or that noticeable.

Open a window in Nebraska during the winter months? If I only do that while vaping, they would be open all day.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a $40 air purifier. I actually purchased it while I was still a smoker so I didn't have to go outside to smoke. I found it did really clear the Air. By Honeywell I think. Only issue I had is it needs filters. I have had the worst issue finding filters when I go into a local store. Considering purchasing a new one. Going to keep an eye oon this thread for suggestions.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Two windows in the room. One is always open about an inch. The other won't open because a would-be thief bent the frame trying to pry it open.

Any body have one of these, or anything like it?

Mash here.
It might help. For odors you want to make sure there’s activated charcoal about. The HEPA isn’t as important unless you also have allergies in which case you will probably want to sleep with the thing blowing in your face (no, really it actually really helps)

The Honeywell barrel style air filters have washable filters and activated charcoal prefilters which may do you well. There’s a premium for the Honeywell stuff though because they invented the technology and their stuff tends to actually work

It might help. For odors you want to make sure there’s activated charcoal about. The HEPA isn’t as important unless you also have allergies in which case you will probably want to sleep with the thing blowing in your face (no, really it actually really helps)

The Honeywell barrel style air filters have washable filters and activated charcoal prefilters which may do you well. There’s a premium for the Honeywell stuff though because they invented the technology and their stuff tends to actually work
This guy is on the money^
Used to do HVAC, and in any place that air filtering was needed, Honeywell made the go to products.
From what I understand, nothing has changed, so I'd start looking at some of their stuff.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I stopped allowing myself to vape inside when others are present, it was getting bad my gf said I was literally doing in my sleep & making it hard for her to breathe, & then I'd wake up in the morning clutching a mod. I just step out onto the porch now... but when I was, the ceiling fan seemed to disperse the clouds almost instantly. My gf likes ceiling fans (& the hue bulbs that go in them) a lot so we have one in every room in our condo.
2e543f6697ff9e79bbf6043896c6473b.jpg

This kind from home depot spins pretty fast

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I got a Honeywell HPA100 for the bedroom. Designed for one small to medium sized room. Cost around $100. You can get them cheaper, but like some other people have said, Honeywell are the best. I picked that one based on Amazon reviews.

It gets rid the aroma pretty fast.

The missus didn't like me vaping in the bedroom. Said it made her cough. The Honeywell fixed that problem. It really helps my allergies as well.

I think maybe the VG messes with the pre-filter a bit, maybe it makes them sticky. I have to change them a lot.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I got a Honeywell HPA100 for the bedroom. Designed for one small to medium sized room. Cost around $100. You can get them cheaper, but like some other people have said, Honeywell are the best. I picked that one based on Amazon reviews.

It gets rid the aroma pretty fast.

The missus didn't like me vaping in the bedroom. Said it made her cough. The Honeywell fixed that problem. It really helps my allergies as well.

I think maybe the VG messes with the pre-filter a bit, maybe it makes them sticky. I have to change them a lot.
That makes sense. Maybe some sort of toilet paper pre pre filter just to catch the gooey?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That makes sense. Maybe some sort of toilet paper pre pre filter just to catch the gooey?
Might be hard for the filter to breath, maybe cheap thin cheesecloth instead. Hand wash in dawn and good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread