Status
Not open for further replies.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I just got home from a week long trip to Tokyo and so I'm pooped and need to go to bed but thought I would share what I encountered today at O'hare Chicago. I had gone to Tokyo with no issues- taking 3 Reo's with me. I vaped in my seat (holding in my vape) and the bathroom (expelling away from the sensor) with no problem. They didn't bat an eye and Reos were tucked away on my carry on except after clearing customs in Chicago and going to a different terminal to take the domestic flight back home. I had been outside vaping heavily, talking to the smokers. Anyway, I forgot to stow my Mini 2.0 w/ ERA (fitted with adapter) back in my bag and instead put it in my coat pocket. Of course you have to take your coat, shoes off etc. As soon as my coat went through the x-ray I was asked as to what my device was. I explained it but some TSA official decided to scan it with the machine that senses gun powder, explosives, etc. He said it read "HIGH" and so I was immediately pulled to the side, given a full body pat down, my wallet handed over to them, emptied, all my luggage gone through and a TSA Agent of higher authority called. They wouldn't let my touch my Reo but wanted it apart for inspection, so I had to walk them through it while they did it- all the time being told that I probably wasn't getting it back. I'd say it was the carbon build-up on the coil in the ERA that triggered all of this, so everyone traveling with a rba be careful! At least put it in your bag and not on you. Long story short, they did give it back to me but it was a huge hassle. As I walked away, I vaped huge plumes of vapor and some of the TSA agents got a good laugh out of it as one had even earlier commented that they thought the device (REO) looked like some kind of detonator.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Ugh! They protected the crap out of your freedom!

If it would make you feel better, I once missed my flight from Amsterdam cause the TSA guy told me my passport was invalid and they made me sit in the glass room for 2 hours. Turned out that I forgot to put my signature down in the passport. I got the 2-agent interrogation about how did I get my passport, whether or not I'm really russian, and where is my accent (I don't have one).

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
Occasionally, if someone is watching me raise my Reo to my mouth, I stop short (never could pass up a good segue) and instead hold it to my mouth like a walkie talkie and say something like "Red fox to Seagull base. Come in seagull base) Then I hold it to my ear for a few seconds. Then i take a huge puff and blow out a plume of vapor. Then I casually point it at my car while pressing the fob in my pocket with my other hand, making the car "beep beep. The looks on peoples faces as they try to process all of that is totally priceless.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Occasionally, if someone is watching me raise my Reo to my mouth, I stop short (never could pass up a good segue) and instead hold it to my mouth like a walkie talkie and say something like "Red fox to Seagull base. Come in seagull base) Then I hold it to my ear for a few seconds. Then i take a huge puff and blow out a plume of vapor. Then I casually point it at my car while pressing the fob in my pocket with my other hand, making the car "beep beep. The looks on peoples faces as they try to process all of that is totally priceless.

Lol. That is some good stuff!

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

babyk1352012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Washington State
Lmao, I own a few mods but no reo just yet. I may have to get one just to mess with people haha

harley05:8732853 said:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'm reviving this- Why? Because many of us will be traveling again this summer.
As I know it, I will be going to at least 2 destinations by plane.
Maybe others will be too and can add to their experience with Reo's.
My last experience was not so good- they thought my Reo Mini 2.0 was a detonator...about to get into a real pickle with it.
At least things ended well... Lesson learned is not to have it in my coat pocket that goes through the X-Ray machine.
I think anywhere in my carry on luggage would have been fine.

Post up as you travel and come across interesting security measures with your Reo's.
Even if nothing happens, post up what they say about it, etc.!!

Have fun and safe travels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread