airflow less or more? More flavor? More vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
hey guys quick question! Does more airflow equal more flavor more vape ? I run my crown wide open same as my
cleito. My friend had a cleito and was telling how I thought the crown was way better. He said he had his crown put away ever since he got the cleito... When I tried his cleito he had the airflow almost closed and the flavor was nice. Any advice would be great :)

Reactions: mauricem00

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Some of these guys at the vape shops are idiots they were telling me more airlflow lol. So less airflow more flavor more consumption as well I'm guessing

Essentially your just producing a warmer vape with restricting the airflow, there hence, a more pronounced flavor.
The cleito has a smaller chimney, which will produce a more pronounced flavor to begin with, what ohm / metal type coil and wattage used has alot to do with it also, once you get into dual coils, even more so ............
What wattage do you have it at ? you have the .2 / .4 ohm kanthal capton ?

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
hey guys quick question! Does more airflow equal more flavor more vape ? I run my crown wide open same as my
Cleito. My friend had a cleito and was telling how I thought the crown was way better. He said he had his crown put away ever since he got the cleito... When I tried his cleito he had the airflow almost closed and the flavor was nice. Any advice would be great :)

More wattage needs more airflow.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Cleito. My friend had a cleito and was telling how I thought the crown was way better. He said he had his crown put away ever since he got the cleito... When I tried his cleito he had the airflow almost closed and the flavor was nice. Any advice would be great :)
airflow and power are related. more power requires more airflow. flavor is related to the temperature of the vape. with a cooler vaper more juice is able to condense on your taste buds giving more flavor.lowering airflow pulls more juice into the wick lowering the vape temperature and allowing more juice to condense in your mouth and sinus

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
Essentially your just producing a warmer vape with restricting the airflow, there hence, a more pronounced flavor.
The cleito has a smaller chimney, which will produce a more pronounced flavor to begin with, what ohm / metal type coil and wattage used has alot to do with it also, once you get into dual coils, even more so ............
@sparkky1 im using the .4 anywhere between 45watts and 55wats. I'm hoping the.2 coil that came with it produces more flavor. The .4 is on and off I find. Maybe because the other tank I'm using is a crown lol. I believe the coils that came with the cleito are quad coils no?

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
@sparkky1 im using the .4 anywhere between 45watts and 55wats. I'm hoping the.2 coil that came with it produces more flavor. The .4 is on and off I find. Maybe because the other tank I'm using is a crown lol. I believe the coils that came with the cleito are quad coils no?

Those heads use a vertical single clapton and 55 would be my max on the .4
your next step up for better flavor would be an RTA but will more than likely double your juice consumption, kind of a give and take at this point ........

Reactions: rcalvy1

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
So let's say I'm running my crown .25 I had the airflow wide open and was at 50-60 watts! Too much air? I heard that coil can handle up to 120watts! The .5 I have also been running it between 40-50 that one they say you can run up to 80 watts ? I assume the higher the wattage the less your coil will last? I just pulled out my .25 at 20 tanks so 80ml running between 50-65 watts mostly. With a few pulls at 80 as well haha!

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
So let's say I'm running my crown .25 I had the airflow wide open and was at 50-60 watts! Too much air? I heard that coil can handle up to 120watts! The .5 I have also been running it between 40-50 that one they say you can run up to 80 watts ? I assume the higher the wattage the less your coil will last? I just pulled out my .25 at 20 tanks so 80ml running between 50-65 watts mostly. With a few pulls at 80 as well haha!

Honestly it's all subjective to YOUR taste, if you want "clouds bro" open that thing up and crank the watts, you like to taste your juice, close it down and play with the watts till you notice YOUR sweet spot .............
Don't get so caught up on what the max wattage of the coil says it is ............ Ohm's law

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
Honestly it's all subjective to YOUR taste, if you want "clouds bro" open that thing up and crank the watts, you like to taste your juice, close it down and play with the watts till you notice YOUR sweet spot .............
Don't get so caught up on what the max wattage of the coil says it is ............ Ohm's law
Very true it is subjective! When I go to the site above I type in .5 and it gives me the suggested wattage of 4.9... Maybe the site doesn't work on mobiles?

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area
For me it depends on what I am vaping...I am not a cloud chaser by any means .for desserts I like it warm but not hot, with half airflow fruits and my recent vape liquid state dreamsicle, I look that guy nice and cool at about 20 watts no tc, and full airflow.if it is savory I will be kmown to crank it up to 40 watts at 200 one third airflow.if it is a beverage I prefer it nice and cool not ever pushing 30...but for hot chocolate I make an exception and crank that guy to 40 and 100 on my nebox,wwhich I use exclusively for tc...I have a hate relationship with it lol...until I can get something better that is how I roll....

Last edited:

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
it is the combination of airflow+resistance of coil+power applied. More power = more flavor. tighter airflow = better flavor. However if you have a low resistance build, you can crank the airflow wide open (doesn't really apply to tanks in this case). It's personal preference really. I prefer low resistance + a slightly tight lung hit airflow. Best combo of flavor and vapor. BUT always build within your batteries limits!

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
If you limited the airflow the draw or suction on the juice will be greater leading to more saturated wick and greater flavor.
So yes

^

i'm personally trying to figure out how to intensify flavor now so far claps/twisted have been my best...but they produce warmer vapes i'm not fond of o.0 actually does anyone know what they run in B&M's those produce some good flavors aswell.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
No more airflow will just give you more air. Think of your atomizer as a carburetor, it needs an optimal amount of air intake and fuel (juice) same theory applies here only you add one more parameter power (wattage or voltage) to the equation.

The ideal vape is fine tuning your carburetor with an optimal amount of air to your juice at your given desired power. The tricky part is no one can answer that but you, YOUR optimal parameters you simply have to find your sweet spot.

Reactions: so smooth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread