Airhole getting stuck with Juice on the Orion 2.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
Hey guys, I'm not sure whether any one else are having this issue but I ma having this problem of getting juice 8/10 drags stuck at the airhole. This means that the juice is blocking the airhole and making a chooked up sound...

It hasn't happened on my Genesis Maxi, nor DID. I tried to make a 60mm - 30 mm wick range and it is still the same...

If you have any insights to the problem or any solutions, please let me know and thanks in advance :)

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Is your airhole submerged when you tilt your PV to vape? (Air hole could be too big or tank too full). Try orienting the air hole (clean it 1st) so it points up when you tilt to vape, ensuring that it is above your juice level. If this works as a bandage for your problem then the fix is a smaller air hole/ less juice in tank.

1. A good option for an adjustable air hole (takes a drill press, a vice and some work but worth it if it is needed):
Find a bolt (may need a few incase you botch the first) with same threads as the air hole longer than standard but still able to fit under cap.
2. Spin on as many nuts as will fit on the bolt, lining up the outer sides of the hex pattern (like one long/fat nut, used for stability and mass when coring/drilling out the bolt).
3. Mount and center in vice oriented so you can drill a hole into the bottom of the bolt.
4. (Air Manifold) Start with a small bit centered and go as deep as you can withour fear of punching all the way through.
5. Increase in size drill bits and repeat until hole is as large as you are comfortable making it. (Remove nuts when complete)
6. With a dremel cutoff wheel, open a slot in the side of the bolt threads centered and staying away from both ends of the bolt.
7. (Vent Holes, 2 options)
a. You may cut as many as 2 or 3 of these slits evenly aligned around the circumfrence of the bolt. See if 1 fits the bill before jumping ahead.
b Drill a series of holes along the length of the bolt instead of a slit, 1, 2 or 3 rows evenly spaced.
8. Clean up any burs and mount bolt in air hole. The deeper you screw it in the more holes are covered decreasing air flow
9. If you find that you need to turn the bolt in too far (bottom is sitting down too far into tank), calculate and cut a length off of the bottom of the bolt (prior to starrting over) and determine if it is acceptable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread