Airplane Turned Around today because of an E-Cig User.... Grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

mactrekr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
Tombstone, Arizona
Ignorance is funny, most of the time. I couldn't stop laughing at the first article that said he turned it on and refused to turn it off! HA, then when the 2nd article said he "ignited" it, I was rolling on the floor! Playing devils advocate, I can see why the guy got ....... The flight attendant says "turn that off" and the guy says "I can't", the flight attendant says, "I said turn it off" dude says "Allah Akbar!" The pilot comes out and says, "young man, you turn that off right now!" The dude replies "I can't!" "Young Man, DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS PLANE AROUND."

Everyone involved in this was a douchetard. The dude who refused to stop vaping, and started yelling, the flight attendant for most likely having no clue about what this wanna be Al Quaida idiot was doing and the reporters for just being plain ignorant.

Idiocracy isn't 500 years away, it's here today!

Ignorance is funny, most of the time. I couldn't stop laughing at the first article that said he turned it on and refused to turn it off! HA, then when the 2nd article said he "ignited" it, I was rolling on the floor! Playing devils advocate, I can see why the guy got ....... The flight attendant says "turn that off" and the guy says "I can't", the flight attendant says, "I said turn it off" dude says "Allah Akbar!" The pilot comes out and says, "young man, you turn that off right now!" The dude replies "I can't!" "Young Man, DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS PLANE AROUND."

Everyone involved in this was a douchetard. The dude who refused to stop vaping, and started yelling, the flight attendant for most likely having no clue about what this wanna be Al Quaida idiot was doing and the reporters for just being plain ignorant.

Idiocracy isn't 500 years away, it's here today!

:lol:

"Sir, please extinguish that not-smoking light thingie, can't you see we turned on a non-smoking light thingie?? ...Hey, aren't you that guy trying to leave the state one day after being released on bail who just happens to fit the description of a religious/racial stereotype or ten???"

Lesson learned: If you think Allah is great, do him a favor and don't be a d-bag with your e-cig.

From what I understand, the guy had quite the weekend...and he might've gotten away with it if he hadn't got caught vaping. Rut roh. :vapor::evil::blink:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Interesting point: A cousin reported that the 19-year old man was schizophrenic and had stopped taking his meds.

Oh, and this time the reporter accurately described the operation of an electronic cigarette. The word "smoke" was not mentioned!

However, whoever writes the headlines did a terrible job. The headline is supposed to relate to the lead paragraph, not something mentioned in paragraph 4.

A more appropriate title would have been: "19-year old mental patient pleads not guilty to interfering with flight crew."

What if his transgression on the plane had been refusing to turn off his cell phone? Would the headline have read, "Cell phone defendant pleads not guilty..."?

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
"What if his transgression on the plane had been refusing to turn off his cell phone? Would the headline have read, "Cell phone defendant pleads not guilty..."?"

Only if they were trying to sell papers rather than the real news.

*Edit*
This post flashed me to a bygone year-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grit_(newspaper)

I had a subscription to this paper in a past life. Nothing but honest, good news. Unfortunately, I guess that didn't sell well.

Last edited:

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
Sheesh. I hope he gets fined for this or worse. I don't care how much i think vaping should be allowed in places. If i am not in my own home and someone asks me not to do it i don't do it.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Yeah.......I dont care if I am in a school zone .....I'm gonna drink this bottle of whiskey untill its all gone ! Idiot!!!!! Why not just sneak a vape and not be an idiot?
Thats the problem with anything. At least not ALL vapers are idiots. They should have just ejected him out into the atmosphere and let all the curtious people on the plane make it to their destination. Someone should have been waiting on him when that plane landed with a big stick.What a goofball.

Flying W

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
CFH,Tx.
I think there was a lot more to the story than the ecig.

But if and when you vape somewhere like an airplane, for crying out loud be discreet about it. Don't exhale the vapor at all. Or go the bathroom.

Thats good advice ,unless they are an idiot who likes to cause trouble and make a scene for the sole purpose of just being and idiot.Most vapers are very thoughtful and would not want any of us to viewed in such a way.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Mekks, just laugh Izia off, just one of those wackos that, for some reason, has to try to annoy everyone. He has no friends over on the nicotine abolitionist board either. Poor guy just doesn't have any friends. He's just way out there. I don't know is you've seen Boardwalk Empire, but I see Agent Nelson VanAlden when I see Izia's name. I imagine him sitting in his room using a whip to administer self flagellation as he fights his "nicodemons". Makes me laugh every time.

mekks

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
Winnipeg
Mekks, just laugh Izia off, just one of those wackos that, for some reason, has to try to annoy everyone. He has no friends over on the nicotine abolitionist board either. Poor guy just doesn't have any friends. He's just way out there. I don't know is you've seen Boardwalk Empire, but I see Agent Nelson VanAlden when I see Izia's name. I imagine him sitting in his room using a whip to administer self flagellation as he fights his "nicodemons". Makes me laugh every time.

This made me LOL :) Thanks :toast:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
John Stossel's "Illegal Everything" special airs tonight: LINK
The Government adds 80,000 pages of rules and regulations every year
That breaks down to 1,538 new pages of rules and regulations every week
There's reasons why the government and corporations don't want older people around.
Not because they are a drain on health care.
They remember when there were freedoms and they talk too much...
They share their stories and thus infect the masses with the truth virus.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
This may be an old story, but on my way to the Airport today going home from the SRNT conference in Houston, the cab driver and I got to talking about smoke-free alternatives and he asked me about this guy who was thrown off a plane for using an e-cigarette. I explained to him that the story wasn't really about e-cigarettes when you consider that the man was a young Middle Easterner who started screaming Allah Akbar, and was then tackled and subdued by other passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread