Not open for further replies.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Um Houston we have a problem ! ; )
Honestly i could not tell you i dont like to fly and have only flown twice.

Before i retired i work across from Midway airport and we used to sit in the switcmans tower watching them take off and land.
You be surprised how often we would see a plane come in to land and i presume its approach was not proper cause all of a sudden we would see blackish smoke come out and hear the engines roar and it would ascend back up quickly and circle for another attempt.

So with that said = "stormy have a pleasant flight and don't forget to keep your seatbelt on" not that its gonna help... rofl

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Before i retired i work across from Midway airport and we used to sit in the switcmans tower watching them take off and land.

LOL! Reminded me of when I worked at London Heathrow in the Central Ops building for British Airways. The building's main restaurant looked out on the spot where planes touched down on the northern runway and we sometimes used to make bets as to whether it would be a successful landing or no.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Oh Stormy that's right so you will be taken off at Midway hmmm dont eat to much before takeoff.
See thats a small airport and the one time i did take off and land their it was an experience.
When we took off i thought i was on a roller coaster cause the runways are rather short and when plane lifted like a rocket ship then came that queasy feeling as it made a rather sharp bank and in looking out the window the ground was totally sideways.

I bet when you landed you felt the planes brakes hit hard ?

Enjoy your flight home !!!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Before i forget back in the 60s there was a plane that came into airport but landed on a few houses it was bad.
My grand mother lived right across the street and the planes came right over the houses.

Few years back only in the winter time a plane was landing and skidded thru the barrier onto the street into a car and sadly killed a little boy inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread