Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
he was vaping on the jetway, not on the plane
Really doesn't matter, he was vaping where he wasn't supposed to at an airport... dunnoh what he expected to happen.
Then if he really knocked over a flight attendant I suspect he won't be flying any time soon so we won't see any more of his antics on the news for a while, preferably until after the deeming regs are finalized.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The bathroom sink drain on a lot of planes not all but a lot are forced suction drains, meaning draw in. If you exhale into the drain no vapor can reach the smoke detector. Easy to identify them just listen for the suction.

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
So flew first leg this morning with two new tanks Vaporesso NRG and Geekvape Aero Mesh. Both a little more than half full. Turned them upside down as we were ready to take off, left them that way until we hit 32,000’, cruising altitude. Then put them right side up. Zero leaks.

I normally fly with Aspire Revvos because they are top vent so no need to turn them upside down to prevent leaks. The are a great tank for flying but they only hold 3.6ml, spend too much time refilling them. The only reason I hang on to them is they produce great flavor.

The NRG tank is only a day old but so far I like the flavor and at 5ml it beats the Revvo. 3 more flights today, if it continues to stay dry on the outside it will be my go to tank.

Not overall impressed with the Aero Mesh’s flavor. I will give it a few more tank fulls then try different coil but a non leaker so far.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I finished the other 3 legs of my flight to Augusta and back with the NRG and Aero Mesh tanks. Continued to invert them with airflow closed during the climb on each leg left inverted until we hit cruising altitude the righted them. Not a drop leaked from either. One point to keep in mind, if you intend to vape after righting the tanks I would recommend waiting 5 minutes or so since inverting the tanks would have moved the juice away from the coils. I'm not positive this is necessary but a burnt coil would be nasty and hard to replace at 30,000'.

SO far the NRG tank has out performed the Aero mesh tank in terms of flavor.

One other point to add, hard to be stealth with an Aegis Legend just because of it's overall size, on the other hand the Revenger X is small enough to be fairly stealthy.

Also noticed today that the Augusta, GA airport AGS has an outdoor smoking area inside of security. Way too hot to be outside in GA today.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I finished the other 3 legs of my flight to Augusta and back with the NRG and Aero Mesh tanks. Continued to invert them with airflow closed during the climb on each leg left inverted until we hit cruising altitude the righted them. Not a drop leaked from either. One point to keep in mind, if you intend to vape after righting the tanks I would recommend waiting 5 minutes or so since inverting the tanks would have moved the juice away from the coils. I'm not positive this is necessary but a burnt coil would be nasty and hard to replace at 30,000'.

SO far the NRG tank has out performed the Aero mesh tank in terms of flavor.

One other point to add, hard to be stealth with an Aegis Legend just because of it's overall size, on the other hand the Revenger X is small enough to be fairly stealthy.

Also noticed today that the Augusta, GA airport AGS has an outdoor smoking area inside of security. Way too hot to be outside in GA today.
You've put in too much time in AK. That's a nice spring day!:D:lol:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Yeah, that sounds great. It's when it goes the other way that I wuss out...
:D:D:D
You can dress for cold you cant dress for hot, you can only take off so much then they arrest you. On the north Slope of AK our boots alone are rated to minus 160F before the soles begin to Harden and crack. TO stay on topic and to pass on a little AK vaping knowledge, at minus 82F you don't want to use a metal drip tip.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
You can dress for cold you cant dress for hot, you can only take off so much then they arrest you. On the north Slope of AK our boots alone are rated to minus 160F before the soles begin to Harden and crack. TO stay on topic and to pass on a little AK vaping knowledge, at minus 82F you don't want to use a metal drip tip.
Does VG even wick at those temps? (Of course inside pockets a help, I guess.)

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
G0JzmNm.jpg

This is what I will be doing next week on my flight to Maui. I usually vape on flight but the wife keeps nagging me not to so I bought a box of 4mg nic gum for the trip.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Does VG even wick at those temps? (Of course inside pockets a help, I guess.)
You keep it inside your your coat close to body to keep it warm. Back on the slope I was a smoker and had just started vaping. I started with 50/50 in those days. Max VG would be tough at those temps. I remember my first day on the slope, tried to light a cigarette at around minus 80F, I found out you cannot inhale minus 80 air into your lungs and that the amount of time it takes to light a cigarette at minus 80 with an ungloved hand is roughly the amount of time it takes to get frost nip on that ungloved hand.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I bet you anything Las Vegas is the lone holdout. LOL, Las Vegas is also my FAVORITE airport of all time. I always PRAY my plane gets delayed there.
I'm trying to remember when I was there. Either 2014 or 2015. I do not recall them having anyplace to smoke inside the terminal, but there was one guy in vaping in the waiting area at our gate and nobody said a word to him. No, it wasn't me; I think I was already working on my first piece of nic gum by the time I got there.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I bet you anything Las Vegas is the lone holdout. LOL, Las Vegas is also my FAVORITE airport of all time. I always PRAY my plane gets delayed there.

Also airports plus cinnnabon UNBEATABLE combination, LOL

Anna
We have a very nice smoking lounge that they just put in. They also have a couple fishbowls in the terminals for smoking and gambling. It is the nicest airport I have been in always nice to come home to. Until you step out into the blast furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread