• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Alabama vape stores -old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
The Best vape shop in Columbus is now in Alabama. From the Vapor Craft FB page:

Our family is expanding! Now open: Vapor Craft of Auburn! Come check out our new store at 221 N. College St. in downtown Auburn. Hours of operation are Mon-Fri 11-8, Sat 12-8 and Sun 12-5. We also want to take a chance to thank all of you for your support and helping us make our expansion possible! Happy vaping!

If your in the Auburn area stop by & see the Vapor Craft crew for all your vaping needs.

Will be visiting in Jan. I come to Auburn every 3 months. See you then.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
The thread was too much to really read everyone's posts, but I thought this would be the right place for this information. If anyone is looking for shops in the greater Mobile, AL area. Here are the two I frequent:

[There are more than these two in Mobile, but these two are top to me based on the brands and selection compared to the other shops around]

The Vapor Hut
960 Schillinger Rd S,
Mobile, AL 36695
(251) 634-3042

The Vapor Hut is where I first started learning. The staff is knowledgeable, though at times neglectful due to the small shop combined with so many people trying to huddle in on the 3-4 people usually working the store. Their prices are in line with most of what I have seen (as a comparison, ego batteries generally not exceeding $31. E-Juice is around $17 for 30ML. You can try any juice as much as you'd like before buying.) This is a handy place to pick up most RBA supplies as well as a small selection of mechanical and regulated mods. As many other places, they are heavy on the kits and lower price-pointed prebuilds. (Kanger, AnyVape, iClear, etc). All in all, a good place to take a look at for sure.

Want2Vape
5215 HWY 90 W
251-654-3620

This place has a little bit of everything. Heavier in the Mods than Vapor Hut, but still a great selection of entry level. This is the best place for REPLACEMENT parts that we have (that I know of). Replacement glasses, bases, etc for most common pieces. Good selection of decently priced ejuice. Staff is welcoming and very willing to help answer any questions. They have kits available as well and carry more Vision brand rather than Joyetech, not to say they don't have ANY Joyetech. Accessories are plentiful at this location (which I believe has recently moved a few doors over from its previous location). They are reasonably priced on most items. However, I have ordered a few Vision Spinners for around $24, whereas they have them priced over $35. B&M may have more overhead, but not that much. In my opinion, the key to solving overhead is making sales ... and that isn't going to happen when people can buy the same product for over ten dollars less elsewhere. That being said, I don't think down on this place for their pricing. Remember, all of these shops are new and trying to get off the ground. Just like we don't want to pay a lot, they don't want to lose their money either. It will level out, we just have to be patient! :)

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I posted this in the other forum so here it is again! <3 me some Vulcan Vape - the guys there are so patient and knowledgeable from everything from liqus to rebuilds!

Hey all! Greets from Gardendale Alabama! As far as the ones I know, Bama Vape in Homewood right on West Valley Ave is awesome. The man who owns it also mixes his own liqus and sells them there.
There is also a new store in Gardendale, Pure Essence. It's small right now but they've only been opened a month so check them out. In Columbiana there is a small shop right by the courthouse called Southern Vape (think they opened a new one in Clanton too).

Riverared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Alabama
So I called our new local store in Tuscaloosa (Ikonic Vapor) and the number ended up being the store owners personal cell. Could've been polite and said call the other number. Could've been a jerk and said get lost. Most of you probably already know him (hint: He's posted on this thread). I didn't, but I do now. Half hour conversation about vaping and juice. The passion and enthusiasm this guy has is infectious. Really looking forward to being a long time, loyal customer. P.S. He was in South Carolina for whatever reason and still took the time to help me out.

Thanks for the comments Red; was back in the shop today after a lonnnnggggg weekend! Thanks for your support! I hated to be away from the shop after just opening, but my youngest son (who by the way is bigger than me) who is a 16 yr old sophomore received an invite to play in the NUC (National Underclassmen) All-American Performance Week (football) in Myrtle Beach, SC after competing in combines and elite prospect camps this past year and recognized as one of the top 100 sophomores in the nation (Class of 2016) . It was one hell of an experience to say the least. He walked away with a very surprising NUC National Overall Player of the Year Award based on combines, camps and performance week practice and game play. There was no way I was missing what we started together at his requesting. He's a 6' 4", 255 lb DE/TE, who's neem the starting DE for his varsity high school team since 8th grade and a true D1 prospect. Can't even describe how proud we are of him! As humble as he is, us parents are the one's still on cloud 9 while he has sank back to earth and geared back to basketball at this moment!

Sorry to be long winded! Shop will be opened by 12noon tomorrow (if not before). Look forward to meeting you on your next visit!

JC Cook

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
I bought my first "starter kit" at LJ on 12/23/13. Within 3 days I had become too lazy to go outside and smoke.

Now, It looks like 27 days of no stinky butts.

I may have saved that much money NOT buying ciggs, but I have spent much more than that on my new hobby - and, that's ok!! I feel and smell so much better!!

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
It'll average out... eventually.

All in all, I've spent about 60% of what i'd have spent on smoking. You can do it much less expensively, but i tend to buy stuff that i don't really need :facepalm: :laugh:

I do love not having to go outside, and being able to breathe and laugh without coughing. it took me about 6 weeks to completely switch- but heck, i wasn't even trying to quit smoking.

Congrats on your first month smoke-free :)

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread