Alcohol in Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
Would I use vodka to thin out recipes using VG? Dumb question...I'm a recovering alcoholic (11 years sober) - would the alcohol used in recipes be detrimental to one's recovery, or when vaped is it just negligible? I mean, some recovering alcoholics won't go within 10 feet of a bottle of Scope, but I'm not that freaking weird about it, although I do have my concerns...

Would distilled water work just as well? Are either even necessary?

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi Angelz -

My preference, which is nicotine liquid, is to use the PG e-liquid as a base of between 50-60%, then normally 20-30% VG, and then 10-20% flavoring (flavors dependant). The liquid is thicker due to the VG, but there is no need for me to dilute my mixture.

VG can be vaped straight (without thinning it one bit), and it works fine, but you will find difficulties getting it to soak into the cart filler this way, which is why we have to thin it out.

My preference is distilled water, it works just fine, but I rarely ever use it.

I hope this helps.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I use alcohol most of the time. It seems to make things go smoother and gives more vapor.
Angels. I got a friend who is a thirty+ year recovering alcoholic. He likes a bit of alcohol in his because it gives a better throat hit.
He kind of classifies it in the same class of pure vanilla which his wife uses in frosting for cookies. It has alcohol in it and this guy uses the cookie to spoon out the frosting.

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
I should add that I mix the VG & the alcohol and take it to his wife because it was decided it was better not to have a bottle in the house.

Can completely identify with that. We long-time recovering alcoholics can make it look pretty easy, but sometimes every minute can be a battle. I can make rum & cokes for my husband and friends/family, but if I start getting weird and thinking it looks too damn good, the husband will pour every drop down the drain.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Angelz, it is pretty negligible, and it's vaporized, not like taking a drink. I think it pretty much is exhausted out by the time you inhale. It may be a bigger problem to keep it around in the bottle, but mark it "for vaping only!" I was never an alcoholic so you have to make the judgement. I'm just a nicotine and coffee addict. So gotta keep that around!

Angelz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2009
Michigan
Angelz, it is pretty negligible, and it's vaporized, not like taking a drink. I think it pretty much is exhausted out by the time you inhale. It may be a bigger problem to keep it around in the bottle, but mark it "for vaping only!" I was never an alcoholic so you have to make the judgement. I'm just a nicotine and coffee addict. So gotta keep that around!

Very cool, that's exactly what I was wondering about. It's not a problem for me to have alcohol around the house, I usually have some rum for the husband and beer for the son in law when he comes over. But then, I know that's not for me. But when it comes to something I know I'm going to use, like in juice recipes, that's where I was wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks for the info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread