Alice in Vapeland and I are growing apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
I was sitting here vaping Ripe vapes honeysuckle apple crisp and for some reason I thought about a Quiet morning and the fact that I havent vaped it in a while. And then I thought about how awesome thier juices are and looked to see what I had on hand from them and I realized I don't have anything. Because I havent bought it. I havent bought any AiV at all in a good while.

AiV and 5 pawns are the two companies that always bought from because they were the only ones I knew of making quality creative juices and complex flavors. But I hadnt bought from them in a while and I just thought about why.

I always kept at least 7 or 8 bottles of AiV on hand, and I cant remember one that I wanted to vape a month after it was mixed. I would end up throwing them out like spoiled milk. I dont know if its the nic base, but I suspect thats what it is because none of thier juices are even pleasurable to me after a month or so, but even still, theyre just not good and I would try vaping them, put the tank back in the bottle, try it again, repeat 2 or 3 times and then toss the bottle. I love thier flavors, I just hate how harsh and nasty it gets. Its tolerable when I first get it but...man after a couple months it is NASTY. Like vaping Comet cleanser. Like Ive had other juices get like that but this is after like a year or so of sitting.

I wish whatever nic they were using in 5 pawns they would start using at AiV. I really love the stuff they come up with but its just way too harsh to vape now that I only vape sub ohm, even at only 3mg...I wish I could just buy that nic base from 5P and buy 0mg from Aiv and just make my own damn juice.:(

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I was literally just thinking almost the same thing while sitting here trying to figure out why my Duchess de Leche is so gross all of a sudden. I always love their juice when it's fresh, even for a month or two. But after that it gets a weird flavor that quickly turns gross and it's kind of sad. I've also noticed their juices get darker faster than a lot of other brands I've tried, even the ones that are initially light. I thought the flavor thing was just me getting sick of them or something for a while, but then I realized they all get the same kind of weird, nasty flavor.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
I was literally just thinking almost the same thing while sitting here trying to figure out why my Duchess de Leche is so gross all of a sudden. I always love their juice when it's fresh, even for a month or two. But after that it gets a weird flavor that quickly turns gross and it's kind of sad. I've also noticed their juices get darker faster than a lot of other brands I've tried, even the ones that are initially light. I thought the flavor thing was just me getting sick of them or something for a while, but then I realized they all get the same kind of weird, nasty flavor.
OK so I'm not crazy... Because I love lucky no11 and white rabbit, lavender ever after, April moon, but every one of those of I didn't vape them right away they became like vaping roasted chili's.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
omg April Moon! That was my very first ADV. Good stuff. But yes, much better fresh. I did like white rabbit after a deep steep though. I haven't ordered from them in so long I didn't even realize they are open 24/7 now!
I know I really want to try that newer one Tokala...I dunno I used to ADV White Rabbit but last bottle I got of it was like bile tasting and I let it steep a few months and kept trying it and it just got worse, I was questioning if my tastes are changing? Is it AiV changing? 30 mls down the drain. The Quiet morning got vaped in the first week so I dunno but it kept burning. All their stuff was burning and I know theyre really high in PG so I didn't get it. I used to love her.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
I know I really want to try that newer one Tokala...I dunno I used to ADV White Rabbit but last bottle I got of it was like bile tasting and I let it steep a few months and kept trying it and it just got worse, I was questioning if my tastes are changing? Is it AiV changing? 30 mls down the drain. The Quiet morning got vaped in the first week so I dunno but it kept burning. All their stuff was burning and I know theyre really high in PG so I didn't get it. I used to love her.

Their stuff is actually high in VG so that's weird. I just poked around their site and saw the contact information was for someone named Brandon? I thought it used to be two girls. Do you think they sold out? Or maybe they just hired a new guy to handle communications..

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Their stuff is actually high in VG so that's weird. I just poked around their site and saw the contact information was for someone named Brandon? I thought it used to be two girls. Do you think they sold out? Or maybe they just hired a new guy to handle communications..
I know WR is high in VG but stuff like April moon, AQM and Twas brillig? Theyre really runny I don't think they have much vg

Last edited:

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
That's the saddest thing i've heard all week. I love their twis brillig and the packaging of the deliveries. I have a decent sized order here so i am moving it all up front.

I do seem to remember the faq mentioning fridge for storing over a few weeks... Anyone tried that? I remember it because its unusual with juice.

@jrenae4 when i was trying to find the secret stuff on the site, they had a bunch of employees listed so i'm thinkig they just expanded the team?

Reactions: jrenae4

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I have the same issue with e-juices from ECBlends. First, you wait a week to let the flavors steep and they're really good! They stay that way for about 35-45 days, and then the inevitable slide into pleahhh...a lot of e-juices I've tried from assorted vendors have this problem. Solved it by never ordering more than I can vape in 30 days - if I already have a lot of e-juice on hand but I've just gotta have xxxx flavor, I'll order a 10-15 ml instead of a 30 ml so I don't wind up throwing half of the bottle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread