Alice In Vapeland ~ Premium E-juice ~ Grand Opening and Coupon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deranged Doll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use 'em, Monkeyman. I can't push them over 4.1 or 4.2v (6.5 to 7w). I also have ic16's (with a crap-ton more headed my way). I love them but the flavor is a bit muted. 16's can be pushed further than 30's for some reason. Rebuilding may help but, like you, I haven't rebuilt them yet.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
Silly question, do you put them in the ultrasonic with water? I have no clue how those things work. I wouldn't mind trying one but feel like a ..... about it!

I'm with River, except I clean mine in an ultrasonic. I had ic30 heads last 5 weeks. My evods are on 3 weeks or so. I will eventually rebuild the heads. I did discover that I don't like the MT3's at all. Even with soaking they have a funky taste that I can't get past.

Charmed, I'm so sorry sweetie :(

Monkey, I wish I could rebuild. I did try. I may try again when i'm less annoyed over my failure:D

Well, if you rebuild them, they will vape... better. I'm sticking to things I can rebuild, except for cartos since there's no other choice there except paying 80 for a killer, but I'm not sure if I want to go there yet. I like the evods because you can rebuild them just like a vivi nova. It's essentially the same type of construction. I can't wait till I get my protanks.

Sorry charmed, I hope you get better soon. In the meantime, enjoy this video, and whenever you hear the word "rock" replace with word "vape":

Charmed, hugs and squishes dear friend. I'm so sorry.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
I understand your reasoning. When a head is no longer functioning properly and cleaning doesn't fix it, I move on to another one. I'm just glad it isn't affecting my vaping pleasure at this point. Saving money is good for my happiness. :D
I do agree, but if it affects my vaping pleasure........I would rather spend the $. I have heard good things about the ultrasonic cleaner.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
I did try the iclear 30 about two weeks ago. I can't pin down what I didn't like about it, other than as you said the flavor is muted. It didn't matter what I set my VV mods on, it wasn't right. I passed it on to a friend after only half an hour of use.

As long as we're discussing vaping gear, does anyone here tried the iClear 30? For some reason, I don't like them at all. The flavor seems muted, and even being dual coil, the 2.0 ohm heads taste slightly burnt at 4.5 volts, which is weird. I was pulling dual coil cartos at that with no burnt flavor, and even done 5.0 with no burnt flavor taste. Maybe I'll try to rebuild them, but I've never tried rebuilding dual coils before.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
Just got home from the local vapemeet in Chester Virginia. It was kinda nice! I'm really kind of...socially awkward with strangers but I didn't have a panic attack and actually talked to a few people, including two avid AIV fans :) While I was there, I picked up a K100 and a stingray atomizer. I do not drip, and did not own an atomizer until tonight. I think I might like it actually. I added a few AIV samples to the PIF box. Hopefully, others will discover the yum!

Deranged Doll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Silly question, do you put them in the ultrasonic with water? I have no clue how those things work. I wouldn't mind trying one but feel like a ..... about it!

Not a silly question at all. Yep, you just use warm water and let it work its magic for 5-10 minutes. Then turn the voltage down, dry burn, blow off. You can choose to let it dry overnight before dry burning or dry it with a papertowel. I haven't done it with the Protanks yet, because they haven't gotten funky thus far. Keep in mind, too, that NETs are really tough on coils. I have one from another company that I get about 8 hours of vape time before the coil needs to come out for cleaning.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
Wow, 8 hours? NETs are another thing on my list to try. I think i'll aim for the ultrasonic FIRST. Hehe. Thank you!

Not a silly question at all. Yep, you just use warm water and let it work its magic for 5-10 minutes. Then turn the voltage down, dry burn, blow off. You can choose to let it dry overnight before dry burning or dry it with a papertowel. I haven't done it with the Protanks yet, because they haven't gotten funky thus far. Keep in mind, too, that NETs are really tough on coils. I have one from another company that I get about 8 hours of vape time before the coil needs to come out for cleaning.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Hey DD, do ultrasonic cleaners take the smell out of tanks? I have this absinthe from this vendor that really affects my tanks, and sometimes never completely disappears. I really don't like that, so was wondering if that did the trick? I usually soak them in alcohol, but that doesn't get all the smell out.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I think my morri translator is broken because I've read this 3 times and I don't understand. :banana: :banana: :banana: Or it might be that I also need coffee right now.

wow, it's a wonder with the strain I put on the translater. I just reread my post and even I do not understand it completely. Blaming it on meds and will give you (hopefully) a better explanation. I diy, so I have nic juice mixed up with no flavoring at all. I mix my AIV and that unflavored juice 50/50. water it down basically. :)

hope this helps.

huggles

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN
Hey River, I just got a Stingray too last week! I had tried a couple drippers before and hated it until I tried a Stingray at our new local vape shop. I love to drip now! Not full time, but its great to sample new juices or on my ADD days when I don't know what I want lol.

Just got home from the local vapemeet in Chester Virginia. It was kinda nice! I'm really kind of...socially awkward with strangers but I didn't have a panic attack and actually talked to a few people, including two avid AIV fans :) While I was there, I picked up a K100 and a stingray atomizer. I do not drip, and did not own an atomizer until tonight. I think I might like it actually. I added a few AIV samples to the PIF box. Hopefully, others will discover the yum!

Sent by my super-secret messenger owl using Tapatalk 2

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN
Hey DD, do ultrasonic cleaners take the smell out of tanks? I have this absinthe from this vendor that really affects my tanks, and sometimes never completely disappears. I really don't like that, so was wondering if that did the trick? I usually soak them in alcohol, but that doesn't get all the smell out.

I can't say for sure about absinthe flavors as I've never tried them, but it did take ALL the remnants of an extreme menthol out of my Stingray and a Vivi Nova head. Took two 8-minute cycles on the Nova head, but it did come out.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
I think I may want to buy a spare now, in case this one pops. I wouldn't use it full time either, but it is super handy for meets and for testing out the DIY juices. I'm really surprised that I like it so much! I'm too lazy to become a full time dripper though. I like to fill...screw on, vape and go. :D

Hey River, I just got a Stingray too last week! I had tried a couple drippers before and hated it until I tried a Stingray at our new local vape shop. I love to drip now! Not full time, but its great to sample new juices or on my ADD days when I don't know what I want lol.

Deranged Doll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Monkeyman, that NET I mentioned, it gets it completely out. If alcohol takes it mostly out, I'd do an alcohol soak followed by the Ultrasonic. I'd also go with pretty hot water in that case, too. My only Absinthe flavor is in a dedicated clearo because it's not a tank cracker (has blackberry, not citrus).

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I'm feeling a bit better, i'm not sure if it's the funky spring texas weather (ugh) or spending 3 days tearing apart and rebuilding a full san cabinet that was FILTHY or what. (Seriously, been in IT and seen a lot of dirty stuff, this one took the cake!)
Still a bit phlemmy tho and was alternating my mystic mandalime and sweet tease this weekend and getting no satisfaction really. Started deeply craving analog. I had some of my new big bottle of zombie setup but it was tasting WEIRD...like gross.
Finally decided to dump the juice and try a washed out c4 clearo....evidently it was my spanky new c4 i'd had it in. vaping away at some zombie and while still muted, enjoying it :)

I'm dubious of the offending clearo. that was foul! I knew it wasn't AIV!

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
I VAPED!!!!

WELL....sort of. Not vaping normally but it's a start. I can only use 6mg juice on my Billet Box with a special drip tip I got today from my dear friend Sgt Taz.

glass_zpsa540a6a3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread