Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
First mini vacation since my return......I have another one on the 10th of June, I'll be taking the whole week :) Not too interested in working yet :)
The wife and I plan on taking the scoot for a trip through the mountains of Va and NC ....no reservations, no plans, no routes, just gonna hit the road and go.

millertime660

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Central Mass
First mini vacation since my return......I have another one on the 10th of June, I'll be taking the whole week :) Not too interested in working yet :)
The wife and I plan on taking the scoot for a trip through the mountains of Va and NC ....no reservations, no plans, no routes, just gonna hit the road and go.

awesome enjoy your time off.... and you too monkey. I have june 9th through the 22 off and am very excited for it.

Riversong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Virginia
*hugs* Hullo Monkey! I've been very ill, and working. I had four days off (unscheduled) due to an insane tummy "bug" that is still lingering over a week later. Happy 3 day weekend! Do you have big fun plans? My girls are excited about the opening of the swimming pool this weekend. :) I think the high temperature is only supposed to be 75 degrees, but that won't stop them.
Yeah, where is everyone? Where are the Alicandrians, Vapelandians, and the others? Where have you gone, oh, AiVians?

Oh, wherefore are thou, Morri, Riversong, DD, Ghost, Giant, YardBird, Rev, milltertime, froghat, and you all others? (sorry if I left you out, but I'm getting ready for a three day weekend).

This forum be vacant and empty, a void fills me like an oxymoron.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
A Royal blue streak is zipping, horizontally, back and forth across the deep, lighter blue, Vapeland sky. It traverses several, large, white, puffy clouds, penetrates a few, and on striking the lowest one to the ground richochets downward. A plain brown wooden perch is suddenly just there and when the blue hits it YardByrd appears. His medallion is glowing royal blue. You hear a deep, smooth, male Latin voice:

"Hail greetings and salutations Vapelandians! Wonderful news, Monkey, Frog Hat, regarding upcoming Holiday! Enjoy at least one very nice, long, protracted vape to honor us all! Regrets at hearing of your stomach woes, Riversong, and hopefully your tummy has calmed and you are feeling better. Watch out to stay hydrated particularly because of vaping. The charmed one has also been ill of late and I've been praying she too will be better.

Pear Ship Version 3: Steeped 2 weeks with cap on. Sampled: tasted "flat" steeped a few more days cap on; no improvement. Steeped one day without cap; slight improvement. I steeped it one more day with the cap off. Voila! When I walked into the low lit room I steep in I could smell the Pear like a bouquet that had issued from a fine wine. It improved dramatically. More pronounced tobacco but a more refined, an for my tastes even truer Pear Flavor. Pear Ship V3 has won me over totally."

YarByrd, begins to look a little wet, like someone took a misting bottle of water to him, then his feathers begin to drip slightly. His perch is withdrawing into the ground, and the dripping is increasing. His medallion flashes once, a bright, yellow color.

"Viva Vapeland! Viva La Vapeland! Viva La Vita Vapeland!"

When the wooden "T" has disappeared YardByrd begins to smear and flattens out into a blue, roughly rectangular, form. The form begins to extend upward, in a beam, and striking the lowest fluffy white cloud richochets back, the way it came, until it is gone.

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
*hugs* Hullo Monkey! I've been very ill, and working. I had four days off (unscheduled) due to an insane tummy "bug" that is still lingering over a week later. Happy 3 day weekend! Do you have big fun plans? My girls are excited about the opening of the swimming pool this weekend. :) I think the high temperature is only supposed to be 75 degrees, but that won't stop them.

Poor baby! I am so sorry that you have been so sick! I hate tummy bugs and hope you feel way better soon, sweetheart!
huggles
morri

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Still hanging out in the shadows, finally got the Ultrasonic cleaner-----> jury is still out :) I am sure it helps though.
I took a couple vacation days this week.......so I get 5 days off for 2 vacation days. I'll be working on the scoot and doing some riding once the rain goes elsewhere.

I still don't have one, FRoggy. Let me know if you like it because I will probably get one this next month. :)

huggles
morri

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Yeah, where is everyone? Where are the Alicandrians, Vapelandians, and the others? Where have you gone, oh, AiVians?

Oh, wherefore are thou, Morri, Riversong, DD, Ghost, Giant, YardBird, Rev, milltertime, froghat, and you all others? (sorry if I left you out, but I'm getting ready for a three day weekend).

This forum be vacant and empty, a void fills me like an oxymoron.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am here, dearest Monkey monkey! I have just been a little under the weather with allergies and breathing problems, sniffles, headachy, stuff like that. Not to worry. Haven't gone far, just that benedryl makes me so sleeeeeepy. LOL

huggles
morri

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Brownish, with grey tinged edges on the ends of the fur, a badger, is slowly creeping around the tea table setting in the center of Vapeland! She rars back on her hind legs and opens the gruesome maw, of rows, of tiny sharp, yellowish white teeth in a grimace! Then she starts working her jaw and a reddish glow engulfs her and you hear her distant growling words:

"Viva Vapeland! Viva La Vapeland! Viva La Vita Vapeland! The curiouser, and curiouser, odd bird saved my kits from the vultures...at his behest I visit! I owe him, and thus you all, a debt of gratitude!"

Her voice is gravelly and near a hiss. Her claws, though small, show dangerously sharp nails that begin to rotate in the air like a tiny shadow boxer.

"Woe unto those who would threaten our Realm! Peace unto you all and a special thank you to that odd, yet likeable, strange, but familiar, pious looking but mighty Bird! Know that I, and others, are on your side to defend this, our Realm, our home, our refuge against the world of the greedy and arrogant, this melodious song in the tune of the Universe, this blessed dirt, this spell bound soil, this RareEarth from Earth, our sanctuary and our poise for joy!"

Her head dips, and her eyes slant! Her claws spread wide and the actual threat and the means to back it up are obvious. Suddenly, tiny baby badgers, three of them, are running around her hind legs. She noses them into a line and they look quite bewildered. Then the first one, then the second one, and then the third one step forward, engulfed in a rosy glow, and you hear their tiny, hissing voices:

The mother is suddenly digging a burrow, very deep, and very fast. She jumps into it and her head pops out, just clearing the top of it, and she seizes the babies, roughly, by the scruff of each one's neck in turn and takes them into the burrow. Then her head slowly, oh so slowly emerges; her yellow eyes are slits! Her maw is pulled back into a horrid grimace of yellowish white teeth, and one drop of saliva drips from her bottom lip. Suddenly the eyes are wider and the pupils larger and her grimace has become an undeniable smile! Just as her head is about to vanish, into the burrow, it pops up and she looks around warily, then smiles, winks once, drops out of sight into the burrow. The badger hole contracts like an aperture...then vanishes.

Last edited:

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA

I am here, dearest Monkey monkey! I have just been a little under the weather with allergies and breathing problems, sniffles, headachy, stuff like that. Not to worry. Haven't gone far, just that benedryl makes me so sleeeeeepy. LOL

huggles
morri

Oh no! I'm so sorry both of you are feeling sick. I hope you recover by tomorrow so you can enjoy the Holiday. I'm glad everyone is slowly coming back to this realm. I feel like such a home body because I feel I'm here all the time :).

Well, tomorrow I'm going to see the new Star Trek movie, and maybe go see the Terracotta Soldiers that are making their stop here at the Asian Art Museum. Sunday I have a friend's birthday party to attend. Monday, I'm going to see Oblivion (the movie, not the game :)).

So, after calling everyone back to this realm, I'll probably be not around so much this weekend. That's what I get for being a Monkey. :banana: :banana:

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
Just received an order today of 12 flavors. My question is do these need to steep? As of right now me and 3 others tasted these and they all taste the same with the exception of frost blossom and b&w cookie and a little bit of lemon taste in lemon lives cake. We got a hint of strawberry in zombie but same flavor as rest. Slight tea in the teas but same underlaying flavor as the rest. And pumpkin tumble is faint but OK.

Is there a problem with us or the juice or does steeping need to happen. Just a bit discouraged as we spent nearly $200 on this and so not what reviews or our hopes expected.

Please help.

Ordered:
Bandersnatch
Twas brillig
Zombie apocalypse
White rabbit
Lemon loves cake
Cheshire catnip
Call me vanilla
Crunk berry
Afternoon tea
A quiet morning
Pumpkin tumble
Bw cookie

millertime660

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Central Mass
Just received an order today of 12 flavors. My question is do these need to steep? As of right now me and 3 others tasted these and they all taste the same with the exception of frost blossom and b&w cookie and a little bit of lemon taste in lemon lives cake. We got a hint of strawberry in zombie but same flavor as rest. Slight tea in the teas but same underlaying flavor as the rest. And pumpkin tumble is faint but OK.

Is there a problem with us or the juice or does steeping need to happen. Just a bit discouraged as we spent nearly $200 on this and so not what reviews or our hopes expected.

Please help.

Ordered:
Bandersnatch
Twas brillig
Zombie apocalypse
White rabbit
Lemon loves cake
Cheshire catnip
Call me vanilla
Crunk berry
Afternoon tea
A quiet morning
Pumpkin tumble
Bw cookie

what are you vaping them out of? usually B&W cookie and zombie are pretty great day 1. But, all AIV flavors benefit greatly from about a week of steeping. In my experience anyways.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA

Please help.

Ordered:
Bandersnatch
Twas brillig
Zombie apocalypse
White rabbit
Lemon loves cake
Cheshire catnip
Call me vanilla
Crunk berry
Afternoon tea
A quiet morning
Pumpkin tumble
Bw cookie

Most people feel that steeping helps the juices. AiV juices are very mild compared to other vendors. Also, as millertime asked, what are you vaping them in?

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I don't have a stingray, but I feel that the stock eVod coils mute the flavor somewhat. I had to rebuild my evods with my own silica to actually get the flavor from White Rabbit. Try steeping them for a week and see if that helps. In the meantime, vape frost blossom & B&W cookie while the others steep.

I think White Rabbit is the hardest to taste since it's so subtle, but that's my favorite. :)

How long have you been completely off of analogs? It takes a while to get your taste buds back. It took me close to 8 months before my taste buds began to heal.

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
Analog free 530 days now :) deff not new to vaping just new to aiv.

Really really hoping for some change in flavor here. Loving the whole presentation from website to doorstep to vape but so bummed on flavor. I love light flavor (standard, 5 pawns ect). Crossing fingers and hoping.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I love the new story Yardbyrd!!!

huggles
morri

Brownish, with grey tinged edges on the ends of the fur, a badger, is slowly creeping around the tea table setting in the center of Vapeland! She rars back on her hind legs and opens the gruesome maw, of rows, of tiny sharp, yellowish white teeth in a grimace! Then she starts working her jaw and a reddish glow engulfs her and you hear her distant growling words:

"Viva Vapeland! Viva La Vapeland! Viva La Vita Vapeland! The curiouser, and curiouser, odd bird saved my kits from the vultures...at his behest I visit! I owe him, and thus you all, a debt of gratitude!"

Her voice is gravelly and near a hiss. Her claws, though small, show dangerously sharp nails that begin to rotate in the air like a tiny shadow boxer.

"Woe unto those who would threaten our Realm! Peace unto you all and a special thank you to that odd, yet likeable, strange, but familiar, pious looking but mighty Bird! Know that I, and others, are on your side to defend this, our Realm, our home, our refuge against the world of the greedy and arrogant, this melodious song in the tune of the Universe, this blessed dirt, this spell bound soil, this RareEarth from Earth, our sanctuary and our poise for joy!"

Her head dips, and her eyes slant! Her claws spread wide and the actual threat and the means to back it up are obvious. Suddenly, tiny baby badgers, three of them, are running around her hind legs. She noses them into a line and they look quite bewildered. Then the first one, then the second one, and then the third one step forward, engulfed in a rosy glow, and you hear their tiny, hissing voices:

The mother is suddenly digging a burrow, very deep, and very fast. She jumps into it and her head pops out, just clearing the top of it, and she seizes the babies, roughly, by the scruff of each one's neck in turn and takes them into the burrow. Then her head slowly, oh so slowly emerges; her yellow eyes are slits! Her maw is pulled back into a horrid grimace of yellowish white teeth, and one drop of saliva drips from her bottom lip. Suddenly the eyes are wider and the pupils larger and her grimace has become an undeniable smile! Just as her head is about to vanish, into the burrow, it pops up and she looks around warily, then smiles, winks once, drops out of sight into the burrow. The badger hole contracts like an aperture...then vanishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread